2021 Fall Camp Starts Friday August 6th | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Fall Camp Starts Friday August 6th

Natural RB. He’s the player I’m most excited about this season.

Hope he doesn’t add to the wall of shame for all the times I’ve been wrong. But I don’t think I’m wrong this time.
Hope he doesn't transfer to another school next year.

Are you hearing good things about Geer? To me, he was the most intriguing prospect in the '21 class by far. Love to hear he might crack the 2 deep but over who? Caleb O?

That would be surprising right? Seems like DL has good depth. Would be nice for him to play 4/ redshirt this year. Has great size for a true frosh though.

Still no McKinley. I guess we know what his "illness" likely is.

If he isn't back by the end of the week, I would suspect he may be questionable for the Ohio game. Need him because Ohio's strength is their RB and run game.

So basically DB is not really saying either one won the competition. Forcing Ohio to prep for both. I feel this is what most people thought would happen. Both get opportunities and see which one leads the team and moves the ball.
Ohio will play 2 QBs too. One is more a passer, the other more a runner

Sounds familiar

Good news on Bleich, no need to rush Dakota, overall number of guys nicked up in camp has been low and kids are already getting back in the mix.

Right now this team is as healthy as it has been since 2018

This team will not be a continuation of last year. I fully expect it to be somewhere between 18 and 19 in performance, a solid, competitive team that is deeper with a higher overall floor of talent.

Of course folks are free to keep their views firmly in the context of a very unique set of negative factors and assume that is the new baseline

Still no McKinley. I guess we know what his "illness" likely is.

If he isn't back by the end of the week, I would suspect he may be questionable for the Ohio game. Need him because Ohio's strength is their RB and run game.
Ok, what is his "illness?"

Good news on Bleich, no need to rush Dakota, overall number of guys nicked up in camp has been low and kids are already getting back in the mix.

Right now this team is as healthy as it has been since 2018

This team will not be a continuation of last year. I fully expect it to be somewhere between 18 and 19 in performance, a solid, competitive team that is deeper with a higher overall floor of talent.

Of course folks are free to keep their views firmly in the context of a very unique set of negative factors and assume that is the new baseline

Dino said Dakota will be ready, that's all I needed to hear there.

Getting a little nervous about Williams. That could be a big loss for week 1 against a team whose best player is their RB.

you can scheme to handle some issues on D.. hard to scheme an offense with no oline. we will know in 2 weeks if the D is making a step forward off last yr. One player wont be the issue.. but you lose a couple more on the Dline and then it becomes an issue.

Given the depth at RB, if this line can at least run block, it will really help the defense with some longer, sustained drives. Maybe the coaching staff will find some opportunities for a 2 back set. I already love the potential to get Lutz out in space with pre-snap motion or pull a LB out of the box to cover him.

That said, if our DLine can't manage without one important player against a decent MAC team, we have much bigger problems for the ACC slate.

Fair point. I think we will still outscore Ohio, but it makes things a little more complicated. NT is not a position of depth. I think we basically have 2. And it will cause much bigger problems for the ACC slate.

He's been out 18 days. I just hope everything is ok.

Fair point. I think we will still outscore Ohio, but it makes things a little more complicated. NT is not a position of depth. I think we basically have 2. And it will cause much bigger problems for the ACC slate.

He's been out 18 days. I just hope everything is ok.
How did they line up last year? Did Black ever play NT, or was Harper #2 there?

How did they line up last year? Did Black ever play NT, or was Harper #2 there?

I don’t know that Black ever moved to the middle. It was Williams and Harper primarily I believe. I think Rondi and the walk on, Darton, got some run as well but not sure how much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom