2021 MLB Season | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

And we're not off to a good start...

Must be a wicked pissah.

yup.. are the unions gonna fight it going forward to make the season go smoother.

How many times did I hear the flu is going around the clubhouse and guys would be out. Not necessary over a year into this to cancel game and contact trace. All I'm saying on this can't believe this still is the procedure.

How many times did I hear the flu is going around the clubhouse and guys would be out. Not necessary over a year into this to cancel game and contact trace. All I'm saying on this can't believe this still is the procedure.

Well, I mean they can play and then two teams are infected. Might as well let them travel on to play other teams and get half the league infected while they are at it, right Runner? You are right about one thing. It shouldn’t be necessary to cancel games now but that’s because the vaccine should be made widely available to all these organizations. If most of these guys aren’t vaccinated yet then contact tracing is the only thing they can do to minimize the risk.

I can not begin to tell you how bleeping much I hate the automatic runner at second base rule in extra innings. Literally one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen last
year was goofy season okay do it then.
But now?
I am convinced that Rob Manfred hates baseball.

I can not begin to tell you how bleeping much I hate the automatic runner at second base rule in extra innings. Literally one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen last
But now?
Last year it was fine. I was down for trying anything in 2020. Now it's absurd. If they want to start doing it in the 12th inning I can live with it. At least play the 10th and 11th straight up.

But now?

Agree. My Braves just lost in the 10th but even before that, I hate it. Last year, I get it. The schedule was crazy so I understand why you didn't want games going long. But having to earn your way on base has worked very well for over 100 years and I don't see the need to change it.

But now?
Complete and total disgrace.

good things rules have changed in so many ways over the 125 years or people heads would explode.. should we go back to when they made the pitcher throw it where the batter wanted it to help them hit? we have a year where every team is probably gonna have pitching issues with starters innings and every game that ends early is a good thing. its like hockey going to 3x3 in OT and its worked out great. Soccer could learn from that too.

year was a goofy season okay do it then.
But now?
I’m okay with it. If we insist on breaking-ties, then we might as well end them quickly without using up the bullpen and resorting to position players pitching. Fifteen+ inning games are actually not fun.

Agree. My Braves just lost in the 10th but even before that, I hate it. Last year, I get it. The schedule was crazy so I understand why you didn't want games going long. But having to earn your way on base has worked very well for over 100 years and I don't see the need to change it.
At least you got to see your team on opening day I feel like I just found coal in my stocking Xmas day.

Btw... MLB.TV (stream all games) is worth every penny. First time buyer this year. I’m going to get my money’s worth easily.

Highly recommended - can’t believe I never did this before.

Btw... MLB.TV (stream all games) is worth every penny. First time buyer this year. I’m going to get my money’s worth easily.

I am seriously considering it. How much are you paying? (I Could look it up but being lazy)

I am seriously considering it. How much are you paying? (I Could look it up but being lazy)
$25 a month... I couldn’t find a season long discount. Looks like they’re just going by the month these days.

It’s just such a good way to watch the sport. You’re able to get a much better feel for the league and its players. Some of the highlights ppl saw this morning are things that I was able to see happen real time.

Was watching a live pitch from 1pm yesterday to the time I couldn’t keep my eyes open last night.

Can’t wait to set the tablet up pool side this summer. GLORIOUS!

$25 a month... I couldn’t find a season long discount. Looks like they’re just going by the month these days.

It’s just such a good way to watch the sport. You’re able to get a much better feel for the league and its players. Some of the highlights ppl saw this morning are things that I was able to see happen real time.

Was watching a live pitch from 1pm yesterday to the time I couldn’t keep my eyes open last night.

Can’t wait to set the tablet up pool side this summer. GLORIOUS!
Think I saw $110 for a single team package on their site.

Also, lets go Jays!!

Think I saw $110 for a single team package on their site.

Also, lets go Jays!!
Jays are gonna be tough this summer. I like some of their pick ups.

It is a bummer they aren’t in Buffalo this year but Dunedin is probably my favorite town we’ve found in FL so far. Such a eclectic group of ppl that live in that town and obviously just a gorgeous area.

It is a bummer they aren’t in Buffalo this year but Dunedin is probably my favorite town we’ve found in FL so far. Such a eclectic group of ppl that live in that town and obviously just a gorgeous area.
I would pay an irresponsible sum of shekels to watch a Jays Yankees game at Coca Cola field in Buff

I would pay an irresponsible sum of shekels to watch a Jays Yankees game at Coca Cola field in Buff

But now?
He actually loves the game, so I can't understand all the gimmicky crap he has considered or implemented.

If any of you are T-Mobile customers, they are offering MLB.TV for free this season. Go to the T-Mobile Tuesdays app to claim the offer. I get all the games besides the blacked out ones. Not paying a penny.

He actually loves the game, so I can't understand all the gimmicky crap he has considered or implemented.
Extra inning baseball has sucked for many years now. Organizations have demonstrated that they value preserving the bullpen over winning an extra inning game. After the 10th inning, you see the seventh and eighth best guys out of the bullpen. Eventually, the backup catcher comes in to pitch. If teams don't care about winning these extra inning games, then why bother? Either call it or a tie or resort to a "gimmick" that ends it quickly. I am okay with that.

Extra inning baseball has sucked for many years now. Organizations have demonstrated that they value preserving the bullpen over winning an extra inning game. After the 10th inning, you see the seventh and eighth best guys out of the bullpen. Eventually, the backup catcher comes in to pitch. If teams don't care about winning these extra inning games, then why bother? Either call it or a tie or resort to a "gimmick" that ends it quickly. I am okay with that.
I may be wrong, but I think the number of very long extra inning games (beyond 11 or 12 innings) is actually very small, and can't recall a position player pitching in an extra inning game in which the outcome was still in doubt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom