2022 World Cup | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2022 World Cup

Good first half. Hopefully a better second half than the Wales game.

Big thing is that unlike vs Wales- we have had to find our way back into the game after they had control early. Need to make the right subs this half... no mass changes either. Again won't be any desperation I suspect from England especially with given the Iran result they will cruise to top of the group with even a tie today.

Also watching so far seems we have more comfort level vs England than Wales. Palpable familiarity
They let them rough us up and we played a messy concacaf game. This team seems much more comfortable playing with skill vs the old teams where we just toughed it out.

They let them rough us up and we played a messy concacaf game. This team seems much more comfortable playing with skill vs the old teams where we just toughed it out.

Yep. All that said I would love to have someone like Herdman vs Greg. I know Canada lost but with the talent pipeline we have now- give me an English football guy and let's go

What you noted has been evident in friendlies vs the better sides too though going back a few years.

I wish Mike Emrick came out of retirement to call World Cup games. His voice would be amazing for it.
This dude sounds like Ryan Seacrest.

That’s a good result right?
It’s a feel good result but realistically the point is useless.

Have to beat Iran anyway. If we lost, a win over Iran would put us through anyway (assuming wales doesn’t pull some crap against England )

If we won, then a tie puts us through .
I’d have gone for it given the point circumstances.

So, spell it out for me, please. I read here we move on if we beat Iran, but is there anyway we don't even if we win vs. Iran?

Southgate not using Foden and subbing on Jordan Henderson lol.

Mostly defensive. U.S. attack had him concerned. Our finishing shouldn't worry many managers but that is where Foden is weaker. Had we gone up a goal you obviously would have seen Foden.

Mostly defensive. U.S. attack had him concerned. Our finishing shouldn't worry many managers but that is where Foden is weaker. Had we gone up a goal you obviously would have seen Foden.
Fair. But far better talent than the US yet going into a shell is classic Southgate not really playing to win rather not to lose. US is solid but lack finishing in the final third, still should easily beat Iran.

Yes. Loss or draw didn’t really make much of a difference for our chances but was nice to see us look comparable to England.

As talented as they are, Pickford is going to cost them a goal or two that ends their WC.

Fair. But far better talent than the US yet going into a shell is classic Southgate not really playing to win rather not to lose. US is solid but lack finishing in the final third, still should easily beat Iran.

More talent has been their M.O. for years. I would argue the talent gap is far reduced now even though still present. The U.S. fitness and athleticism still giving England issues. Again far better is hyperbole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom