2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball

It's safe to assume that everyone has an issue with the most recent trade acceptance correct? Seems a little one-sided...

It's safe to assume that everyone has an issue with the most recent trade acceptance correct? Seems a little one-sided...

Sorry only seeing this now.

My general view as commish on trades is that I will not veto a trade unless its fairly certain there was an integrity issue. involved (i.e. two people working together to help only one team) At the same time, I don't expect that to happen in this league.

If it's a bad trade, its a bad trade. I don't want to be the judge and jury for that. Happens in the real world - if you think someone is a questionable trader try to go after them as well.

I know that is not what some want to hear. That being said I have created a setting that 3 votes are needed amongst league members to veto a trade. We will run with that for now. If that becomes a problem or others have other views on that number, I may re-evaluate. I am always open to comments.

As I said my general preference is not to get involved in bad trades, or what appears to be bad trades.

Sorry only seeing this now.

My general view as commish on trades is that I will not veto a trade unless its fairly certain there was an integrity issue. involved (i.e. two people working together to help only one team) At the same time, I don't expect that to happen in this league.

If it's a bad trade, its a bad trade. I don't want to be the judge and jury for that. Happens in the real world - if you think someone is a questionable trader try to go after them as well.

I know that is not what some want to hear. That being said I have created a setting that 3 votes are needed amongst league members to veto a trade. We will run with that for now. If that becomes a problem or others have other views on that number, I may re-evaluate. I am always open to comments.

As I said my general preference is not to get involved in bad trades, or what appears to be bad trades.
Thanks for that explanation. It's good to know what the commissioner's view is on trading.

I'm honestly fine with whatever people want to trade and for whom, unless there is collusion. I just thought it was funny that my trade was questioned but nothing from anyone about this one. All good...

I voted against it. It’s totally one-sided. And if Stern can torpedo Chris Paul to the Lakers then jncuse can step in too!

• Haha
Reactions: gbo
Thanks for that explanation. It's good to know what the commissioner's view is on trading.

I'm honestly fine with whatever people want to trade and for whom, unless there is collusion. I just thought it was funny that my trade was questioned but nothing from anyone about this one. All good...
I only voted down the original trade when I was asked by the two making the trade.

I believe I said similar comments to Hak when he questioned your trade (I think with Parks).

Last edited:
I voted against it. It’s totally one-sided. And if Stern can torpedo Chris Paul to the Lakers then jncuse can step in too!

Well you guys have 2 votes so far - all you need is 3 votes per the setting I established so you might well get there.
E-mails of most league members are visible in the league view, so you can also contact them via e-mail to state your case.

Something similar to I what I did in fantasy baseball. I looked at where the standings would be right now based on using a "Rotisserie" scoring method. The Rotisserie scoring method accumulates your totals over the entire season, and then ranks the league totals in all the categories on a 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

It might indicate teams that have not had good luck, or had good luck in close matchups or with schedules -- could show teams that have done better than their current records indicate. I converted the Rotisserie points to the same average as those in our current leagues so a comparison could be made.

Actual Standing, Actual Pts (Rotisserie Standing, Rotisserie Points), Variance from Rotisserie
1. JN 59 (2nd 51) +8
2. Parsil 55 (4th 47) +8
3. Milsap 49 (1st 55) -6
3. Anybody Wants to Trade 49 (9th 39) +10
5. Hak 47 (6th 45) +2
6. Fawkes 42 (3rd 49) -7
6. Clifton 42 (8th 41) +1
6. Soup Bags 42 (4th 47) -5
9. Marek's Smokes 37 (10th 31) +6
10. Marek's Red Autry 27 (7th 44) -17

So basically those who may be lucky so far - JN +8, Parsil +8, Anybody Wants to Trade +10
Those who might be unlucky so far - Marek's Red Autry -17, Fawkes -7. Milsap -6

Something similar to I what I did in fantasy baseball. I looked at where the standings would be right now based on using a "Rotisserie" scoring method. The Rotisserie scoring method accumulates your totals over the entire season, and then ranks the league totals in all the categories on a 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

It might indicate teams that have not had good luck, or had good luck in close matchups or with schedules -- could show teams that have done better than their current records indicate. I converted the Rotisserie points to the same average as those in our current leagues so a comparison could be made.

Actual Standing, Actual Pts (Rotisserie Standing, Rotisserie Points), Variance from Rotisserie
1. JN 59 (2nd 51) +8
2. Parsil 55 (4th 47) +8
3. Milsap 49 (1st 55) -6
3. Anybody Wants to Trade 49 (9th 39) +10
5. Hak 47 (6th 45) +2
6. Fawkes 42 (3rd 49) -7
6. Clifton 42 (8th 41) +1
6. Soup Bags 42 (4th 47) -5
9. Marek's Smokes 37 (10th 31) +6
10. Marek's Red Autry 27 (7th 44) -17

So basically those who may be lucky so far - JN +8, Parsil +8, Anybody Wants to Trade +10
Those who might be unlucky so far - Marek's Red Autry -17, Fawkes -7. Milsap -6
I'm having trouble changing lineups and injury stuff on the app and haven't been able to update stuff from my laptop, so you're all welcome for my suckitude recently.

I'm having trouble changing lineups and injury stuff on the app and haven't been able to update stuff from my laptop, so you're all welcome for my suckitude recently.

That sucks.
I certainly benefitted it in the week you played, where I saw your lineups were not up to date for the weekend games.

What determines why a certain player is a claim and one is a free agent?

What is this awful trade that’s currently on the books? I’d love to get a 97% owned guy for a guy off waivers.

I know Banchero’s ranked outside the top 100 this year but come on.

What is this awful trade that’s currently on the books? I’d love to get a 97% owned guy for a guy off waivers.

It's weird. Their rankings are very similar and each is ahead in four categories and they are tied in one. I wouldn't have offered it if I didn't find value where I need it.

It's weird. Their rankings are very similar and each is ahead in four categories and they are tied in one. I wouldn't have offered it if I didn't find value where I need it.
% owned is the baseline for me. And a trade with one guy over 90% owned getting moved in a 1:1 for a guy who is less than 60% owned is a very lopsided trade.

You can’t just look at rankings. You have to look at stats. Banchero is a 20/7/5 guy. Naz is 13/5/1

Not even remotely close. The team getting Naz is getting absolutely fleeced.

% owned is the baseline for me. And a trade with one guy over 90% owned getting moved in a 1:1 for a guy who is less than 60% owned is a very lopsided trade.

You can’t just look at rankings. You have to look at stats. Banchero is a 20/7/5 guy. Naz is 13/5/1

Not even remotely close. The team getting Naz is getting absolutely fleeced.
If you think that highly of Banchero, how about trading him straight up for Brook Lopez. Or if anyone else wants Banchero, since three of you vetoed the trade, make me an offer.

• Haha
If you think that highly of Banchero, how about trading him straight up for Brook Lopez. Or if anyone else wants Banchero, since three of you vetoed the trade, make me an offer.

That’s just stupid. Why would I trade you Brook Lopez, who averages like 4 blocks a game for Banchero?

Banchero doesn’t fit my team. But I’d take him for Aaron Gordon. Trade offered.

That’s just stupid. Why would I trade you Brook Lopez, who averages like 4 blocks a game for Banchero?

Banchero doesn’t fit my team. But I’d take him for Aaron Gordon. Trade offered.
I love how you guys value Banchero much higher than Naz Reid but then you propose a garbage guy like Gordon. Reid is much more valuable than Gordon.

As an aside I was not one of the 3 who voted to veto the trade. My perspective is as long is a deal is done in good faith I will not veto something even if it’s perceived to be lopsided. Not all teams and approached are the same.

That being said I value the opinions of those who think differently on the concept which is why I went with the 3 veto rule to cancel a trade.

I’m not going to change it again mid season but what are peoples thoughts on this moving forward into next year? Is a total of 3 effective, ineffective, problematic?

As an aside I was not one of the 3 who voted to veto the trade. My perspective is as long is a deal is done in good faith I will not veto something even if it’s perceived to be lopsided. Not all teams and approached are the same.

That being said I value the opinions of those who think differently on the concept which is why I went with the 3 veto rule to cancel a trade.

I’m not going to change it again mid season but what are peoples thoughts on this moving forward into next year? Is a total of 3 effective, ineffective, problematic?
I don't think I would ever veto a trade, except down the stretch and someone wants to give an all star away for nothing, but I've had two trades vetoed.

Didn't you get Devin Vassell and Walker Kessler both off waivers...

Didn't you get Devin Vassell and Walker Kessler both off waivers...
Along with Cam Johnson and Aaron Gordon, because this is a taco league.

I love how you guys value Banchero much higher than Naz Reid but then you propose a garbage guy like Gordon. Reid is much more valuable than Gordon.
Reid is trash. He hasn’t cracked 30 minutes in a game this season.