2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball

Thankfully I got Vince Williams who has been my 2nd best player rankings wise the last 2 weeks. Partially making up for my loss of Bane and Morant.

I had Sexton at some point. But back when I was fully healthy it came down to Sexton or Clarkson who were both on my roster, and I went with Clarkson because he got more assists. Pretty much a draw to now, although Clarkson is fading though, so chances are good that Sexton would work out more towards the end.

Just couldn't really get my bigs moving this year, and instead of trying to solve it via Waivers where the gap could not be closed against the top teams, I'm trying to focus on what I'm good at hopefully locking up 3 categories. The Morant injury really hurts though.
There is a chance Clarkson will get traded, so his minutes could increase.

There is a chance Clarkson will get traded, so his minutes could increase.

I would think there might be equal risk that they will decrease. A contender could see real value in him even as a 20-28 minute microwave guy.

Frustrating that my guy Grayson Allen only gets 3 shots in 33 minutes but Devin Booker got 26. Grayson is shooting 50% from three for the season. You would think a smart coach would run plays for him. Glad the Suns lost.

What's the waiver rule? I thought I claimed Jalen Green, but he was awarded to Hak who is in 2nd place and I am in 4th.

What's the waiver rule? I thought I claimed Jalen Green, but he was awarded to Hak who is in 2nd place and I am in 4th.

If you go to the league overview page and look at the standings there is a "Waiver" Column. You will see your waiver priority number. It is indeed not based on the standings.

When you successfully complete a waiver, you subsequently move down to last in waiver priority, and everybody else behind you moves up a spot. You will note that Hak is now #10 in waiver priority since he had the last claim.

You are currently #8 -- you did a Waiver Claim on Feb 1, so you need to re-establish your position.

I probably could change the setting so its closer to pro leagues, but I use the Default Standard Setting.

This is the time of the year where injuries start happening more and more, and lasting longer, especially if you are a tanking team.

All of a sudden I looked at my team, and a Memphis and Washington player are out for tomorrow, and one other Memphis player is unlikely to play.

I'm sure everybody will run into some of this type of luck... although I think those with players in the bottom 8 or so teams in the NBA might get worked a little bit more.

In March you might start getting more "resting" of good players.

That's why make the playoffs and see what happens.

I would be very surprised if GBO's team doesn't win the regular season -- just a very well balanced team. I compare my team to his each week, as if we matched up, and its been a while since I won. Once playoffs hit anything can happen.

GBO beat me to Paul Reed. I was actually looking at Reed earlier that day as I specifically wanted a Thursday/Saturday player this week to acquire and drop, and the only teams to consider where Phi, LAL, Cle and NY. Reason was I had 13 players going on Friday and 11 on Sunday, so basically it was free stats I give up but not picking up anyone.

The pickings were slim - Levert, Reed, Beverley, Prince were the options I considered. I picked Levert, and I think the news on Embiid broke within 60 minutes. Otherwise it would have been Reed.

Ah that was me being too aggressive. Figured everyone would put a claim on him. Picked him up off waivers on the day a trade was accepted and selected him as the drop. He proceeds to go offfff last week which isn’t surprising for points but he was stuffing the stat sheet… and is continuing the trend.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Hak at least in comparison to my team is the team I wouldn’t want to face. He also has some key injuries though that are concerning.

Ah that was me being too aggressive. Figured everyone would put a claim on him. Picked him up off waivers on the day a trade was accepted and selected him as the drop. He proceeds to go offfff last week which isn’t surprising for points but he was stuffing the stat sheet… and is continuing the trend.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Hak at least in comparison to my team is the team I wouldn’t want to face. He also has some key injuries though that are concerning.

This is Jalen Green's 4th team that he has been on, that I know of.

I believe I picked him up in December. (he had to be with somebody before that)

I had enough of him after 10 games. Looking at my team log
36% shooting
77% FT
16 PPG
4 RPG
3 APG
2.0 TPG
and not much else.

I believe he hung around as a FA for a while - which Guy picked up maybe?

Now he is with Hak.

I would be very surprised if GBO's team doesn't win the regular season -- just a very well balanced team. I compare my team to his each week, as if we matched up, and its been a while since I won. Once playoffs hit anything can happen.

GBO beat me to Paul Reed. I was actually looking at Reed earlier that day as I specifically wanted a Thursday/Saturday player this week to acquire and drop, and the only teams to consider where Phi, LAL, Cle and NY. Reason was I had 13 players going on Friday and 11 on Sunday, so basically it was free stats I give up but not picking up anyone.

The pickings were slim - Levert, Reed, Beverley, Prince were the options I considered. I picked Levert, and I think the news on Embiid broke within 60 minutes. Otherwise it would have been Reed.
Thanks but I doubt it. I've got a solid team but I fear PG will do me in...

If you go to the league overview page and look at the standings there is a "Waiver" Column. You will see your waiver priority number. It is indeed not based on the standings.

When you successfully complete a waiver, you subsequently move down to last in waiver priority, and everybody else behind you moves up a spot. You will note that Hak is now #10 in waiver priority since he had the last claim.

You are currently #8 -- you did a Waiver Claim on Feb 1, so you need to re-establish your position.

I probably could change the setting so its closer to pro leagues, but I use the Default Standard Setting.
I guess I just need to learn all the nuances but I think I'm doing OK for a newbie. Like, I look at your roster, and someone else's was similar the other day, but it appears you are carrying 16 guys on your active roster. I realize some guys have come off the injured list, but how long do you have until you need to drop three of those guys. I would assume you are waiting to see if your two currently "out" get healthy or remain out long enough to be moved to the injured list. Those are the things I am still learning.

I guess I just need to learn all the nuances but I think I'm doing OK for a newbie. Like, I look at your roster, and someone else's was similar the other day, but it appears you are carrying 16 guys on your active roster. I realize some guys have come off the injured list, but how long do you have until you need to drop three of those guys. I would assume you are waiting to see if your two currently "out" get healthy or remain out long enough to be moved to the injured list. Those are the things I am still learning.

Good you are learning - that's part of the point of this casual league. This is a league with experienced, some moderate experience players like myself, and some starters. When I started this league (2020 I think) I hadn't done fantasy basketball in over a dozen years.

You can keep a still injured player on your injured list as long as you want, although you only have 3 injured spots. 2 or 3 weeks ago, I had 5 guys listed as injured at one point. I released Morant to create a spot on my IL, and I thought about releasing Bane since he was out long term... but I waited it out, and kept another injured guy active since he was coming back in a few days.

You can keep a "healthy" player on your injured list as long as you want. However, you will not be permitted to do any other roster moves until that situation is rectified -- adds, deletions, trades, waivers, moving a guy down to IL. You will be told by Yahoo to call up the injured player to your active 13 man roster first as you try to do another move. When you see some teams with healthy players on the IL, it just means that the team manager has not been active for a few days (or for a long time)

In terms of IL strategy;
- "Everybody is Better on my team" I'll use my situation with RJ Barrett when he becomes healthy. Assume I was happy with my entire current roster more than Barrett (not the case, but assume)... I can keep Barrett on the IL. That being said eventually within a day to a week I will want to do another roster move, so I'll be forced to do something with Barrett.

- "Hoarding IL Players" -- although opportunities for this are rare in basketball vs baseball when they seem to be available more .
I'll use my situation with Bane above. When he got hurt (maybe 3 weeks ago), they said he would be out 6-8 weeks ago. I had 4 injured players - should I drop him to create a spot on my IL, and then be able to add an active roster. People speculated that he might be out all year since Memphis would tank, but it was not a guarantee. If I had released Bane at the time to create a roster spot, I am more than certain that a player like Hak or somebody would have claimed him and then "hoarded" him on the IL in the hopes that he comes back sometime in March. Adding then "Hoarding" IL players is relatively low risk if you have open spots. It does count as one of your additions for a week.

Last edited:
Yeah if Embiid is out long-term I’m done. There’s no coming back from needing to replace that kind of production.

Man gbo is giving me the business. I looked and I’d be winning about 6+ categories on any team this week other than his… but down 1-8.

Need some GTDs to put some work in this weekend.

And the top-5 big man in fantasy this year is out for two months. See you all next year.

I’ll still try to give it a good run but I have no chance at the crown now.

And the top-5 big man in fantasy this year is out for two months. See you all next year.

I’ll still try to give it a good run but I have no chance at the crown now.
I've got big men on the block if you're interested.

What is going on? I had six guys playing tonight and sometime in the last two hours, three of them are ruled out as injured. My opponent, who has some really good players, but happens to be in last place, has eight guys playing tonight and kicking my butt.

What did my guys during the last week?

What is going on? I had six guys playing tonight and sometime in the last two hours, three of them are ruled out as injured. My opponent, who has some really good players, but happens to be in last place, has eight guys playing tonight and kicking my butt.

Is it me? I don't win. Don't worry.

I have no idea. It's weird since it was the all-star break. I guess guys got hurt while on vacation...

I had Aaron Nesmith on my roster and he was listed as injured but not in the injured portion of my roster. I would still like to keep him as injured but I was forced to drop him. How would I make him as"injured"?

Tonight I have another three guys out. The Allstar break is BS with guys now getting injured left and right. Maybe we should have a WNBA fantasy league. I bet those girls don't sit out.

I had Aaron Nesmith on my roster and he was listed as injured but not in the injured portion of my roster. I would still like to keep him as injured but I was forced to drop him. How would I make him as"injured"?

Are you wondering how to put him on the injured list? I assume you are not. (that's just done by select and drop, or drag and drop, and if the player is injured the IL option will be available to drop him in it... but I don't think this is your question)

Are you asking why you were not able to drop him to the injured list despite him being labelled as "IL"? Did you have 3 players on the IL list at the time... based on review of your roster it does not appear to be the case, but please verify.

Once you verify there was not 3 players in the IL when the issue arised, I can put Nesmith back on your IL.

I see that Trae Young is injured -- let me know if you have any issues dropping him into an IL spot tomorrow.

Are you wondering how to put him on the injured list? I assume you are not. (that's just done by select and drop, or drag and drop, and if the player is injured the IL option will be available to drop him in it... but I don't think this is your question)

Are you asking why you were not able to drop him to the injured list despite him being labelled as "IL"? Did you have 3 players on the IL list at the time... based on review of your roster it does not appear to be the case, but please verify.

Once you verify there was not 3 players in the IL when the issue arised, I can put Nesmith back on your IL.

I see that Trae Young is injured -- let me know if you have any issues dropping him into an IL spot tomorrow.
Thanks. I've been lucky this year, not really having anyone on the injured list. When I picked up Brogdon, he was already on the injured list. So, yes that is my question on how to move Trae Young or Nesmith to the injured list.

Thanks. I've been lucky this year, not really having anyone on the injured list. When I picked up Brogdon, he was already on the injured list. So, yes that is my question on how to move Trae Young or Nesmith to the injured list.

Seems like your string of good luck injury wise has ended with a thud,

Since Trae Young's game tonight started you will not be able to it until tomorrow (or after 3:00 AM tonight).

But if you encounter any problems let me know -- it's the same as moving a guy from the bench to the starter... you click on their name and an "IL" box should be available on the bottom. You will then be able to add a new player to your active roster.

I could conceivably lose my game 9-0 this week... but its also 5-4 right now as I am up barely in 4 categories, .753 vs .751 in FT, 67 vs 64 in 3's, 48 vs 47 on Steals, 97 vs 101 in TO's.