2023-24 NBA Season | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

And Booker has 37 in the 1st half of his game.

There is just so much space on the floor right now due to the threat of the outside shot.

On some nights guys like Booker and Doncic can get decent mid-range or long range looks for themselves on almost every possession since they have so much room to work with.

There is just so much space on the floor right now due to the threat of the outside shot.

On some nights guys like Booker and Doncic can get decent mid-range or long range looks for themselves on almost every possession since they have so much room to work with.
People ask the differences between the college and pro game. It's night and day. The pros can get their shots off so fast, and like you said, the spacing of the pro game is incredible.

I don't know if scoring in the NBA is at record pace, but I do know that the Jazz set a team record last night for scoring 120 points or more for ten games in a row and they are tied for 10th highest average points per game at 117.5.

People ask the differences between the college and pro game. It's night and day. The pros can get their shots off so fast, and like you said, the spacing of the pro game is incredible.

I don't know if scoring in the NBA is at record pace, but I do know that the Jazz set a team record last night for scoring 120 points or more for ten games in a row and they are tied for 10th highest average points per game at 117.5.

See the link below. Your assertion is correct - Scoring at 116 PPG, is the highest it has been since 1970, and offensive efficiency is the best it has has ever been (it's only tracked back to 1974)

Pace of play is about the same as it has been the last 6 years. Pace is still a tad below where it was in the 80's and well off where it was in the 70's (started to be measured in 1974)... and probably far off where it was in the 60's although there is no measure for that.

Regarding pace and overall scoring it was at its peak in the 1960's. In the 1962 season teams averaged 119 PPG, despite being much more inefficient than today. only shooting 43% on their FG attempts compared to 48% today. And there was no threes. Pace was not calculated then, but just looking at the numbers my guess is it had to be 125-130 possessions a game, compared to the 100 today.

They placed at an insane pace back then.

See the link below. Your assertion is correct - Scoring at 116 PPG, is the highest it has been since 1970, and offensive efficiency is the best it has has ever been (it's only tracked back to 1974)

Pace of play is about the same as it has been the last 6 years. Pace is still a tad below where it was in the 80's and well off where it was in the 70's (started to be measured in 1974)... and probably far off where it was in the 60's although there is no measure for that.

Regarding pace and overall scoring it was at its peak in the 1960's. In the 1962 season teams averaged 119 PPG, despite being much more inefficient than today. only shooting 43% on their FG attempts compared to 48% today. And there was no threes. Pace was not calculated then, but just looking at the numbers my guess is it had to be 125-130 possessions a game, compared to the 100 today.

All you have to do is look at some of the rebounding numbers from back in the day. It just screams more shots per game at a much more ineffective shooting percentage.

All you have to do is look at some of the rebounding numbers from back in the day. It just screams more shots per game at a much more ineffective shooting percentage.

The pace, misses and from what I can envision is they only kept a few guys to go after the boards on D while everybody else ran.

The pace, misses and from what I can envision is they only kept a few guys to go after the boards on D while everybody else ran.
I never would have guessed that Kevin Love led the league as well as Barkley. Although he was the Round Mound of Rebounds. Also I never realized Sven Nater was such a prolific rebounder. Imagine how UCLA was able to get him to ride the bench behind Walton. Now, he would be in the transfer portal so fast.

Last edited:

I imagine that guys just dribbled down and took the first 17 foot jump shot that was available.

It's pretty amazing how much offense has increased just in the last few seasons. In the final pre pandemic season (2018-19) the average offensive efficiency was 110.4, it's 115.9 now! 5.5 points per 100 more in just the last 5 years.

In that 2018-19 season, the Warriors lead the league in offensive rating at 115.9, which is now the league average.

Harden messed around and got a triple double. Season sweep, jncuse!

We suck.
Clips are really good. Will find some new teams to have to cheer for come May.

Despite all the crazy point totals tonight , I think the craziest stat is Fred vanvleet having 6 blocks in only 30 minutes of game action

Run down the court, throw up a shot. That was the jam back then.

NBA today is sick. More talent than ever. Smarter play than ever.

It’s great.

Run down the court, throw up a shot. That was the jam back then.

NBA today is sick. More talent than ever. Smarter play than ever.

It’s great.

I think the game is still a little too "3 centric" but we are reaching a nice equilibrium point. We are seeing special players do more plays within the 3 point line which I find the most visually enjoyable part of basketball.

As more and more space is created by having 3 to 5 3 point shooters on the floor and defences adjusting accordingly, more and more space opens inside the line which allows elite players to get more efficient shots so they start taking more of them.

I think we are reaching that balancing point that it's freaking hard to defend anything in the NBA.

I think the game is still a little too "3 centric" but we are reaching a nice equilibrium point. We are seeing special players do more plays within the 3 point line which I find the most visually enjoyable part of basketball.

As more and more space is created by having 3 to 5 3 point shooters on the floor and defences adjusting accordingly, more and more space opens inside the line which allows elite players to get more efficient shots so they start taking more of them.

I think we are reaching that balancing point that it's freaking hard to defend anything in the NBA.
MJ play d against bums. That’s the end result.

Lakes/Warriors going to OT. Draymond got away with a flagrant at the end of the 4th. Blatant

Lakes/Warriors going to OT. Draymond got away with a flagrant at the end of the 4th. Blatant
Anyone rooting for the Lakers shouldn’t be complaining about the refs. They got plenty of help in this one.

Anyone rooting for the Lakers shouldn’t be complaining about the refs. They got plenty of help in this one.
Double OT!
I'm just surprised Draymond is allowed to wind up and hit a guy in the face like that. Isn't he supposed to be on double secret probation??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom