2023-24 NBA Season | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Gotta be some kind of scandal or something, right? Although, they won 58 games and were the one seed last year, two years after winning the title, and still fired their coach, so who knows?

Gotta be some kind of scandal or something, right? Although, they won 58 games and were the one seed last year, two years after winning the title, and still fired their coach, so who knows?
Their defense is ugly, but that has a lot to do with front office choices, not just coaching. You replace an elite defender with one of the worst defenders in the league (Dame for Drue) and Beasley is bad at D too. Is that his fault? Same team that fired Budenholzer after a series where his brother was killed in a car crash in the middle of it and Giannis was battling an injury. They might just be strait savages over in Milwaukee

Giannis hand picked this guy I thought?

Giannis hand picked this guy I thought?
He definitely gave his stamp of approval. He very much wanted a guy that was a former player coaching the team. I'd be legitimately shocked if Doc Rivers isn't the replacement.

Bucks fans have been desperate to fire Griffin since like game #2 this year lol. The defensive scheme he's tried to employ just doesn't make sense for the personnel that we have and he's not coaching the offense either so he wasn't really doing anything but hurting the team with his coaching.

He'll almost certainly be replaced by Doc Rivers, who is probably also a downgrade from Budenholzer unfortunately. But he'll be an upgrade over Griffin.

Bucks fans have been desperate to fire Griffin since like game #2 this year lol. The defensive scheme he's tried to employ just doesn't make sense for the personnel that we have and he's not coaching the offense either so he wasn't really doing anything but hurting the team with his coaching.

He'll almost certainly be replaced by Doc Rivers, who is probably also a downgrade from Budenholzer unfortunately. But he'll be an upgrade over Griffin.
Budenholzer got a raw deal. He was stubborn to a fault but still one of the top 10-12 coaches in the league, IMO. There aren't a ton of great coaches in the league anymore because you have to have a PHD in eating crap from all the star players that actually run the show, expecially in the smaller markets.

I mean Pop aside, who are the great ones? Ty Lue and Spo, Kerr? I mean Carlisle couldn't deal with it in Dallas anymore, seems to be happy in Indy. Utah coach looks like a great up and comer as well. Udoka as well.

Budenholzer got a raw deal. He was stubborn to a fault but still one of the top 10-12 coaches in the league, IMO. There aren't a ton of great coaches in the league anymore because you have to have a PHD in eating crap from all the star players that actually run the show, expecially in the smaller markets.

I mean Pop aside, who are the great ones? Ty Lue and Spo, Kerr? I mean Carlisle couldn't deal with it in Dallas anymore, seems to be happy in Indy. Utah coach looks like a great up and comer as well. Udoka as well.
I think it was understandable that we moved on from Bud, but I don't think there was a better coach than him available. Wish we'd just bring him back but again, I'll be very surprised if it isn't Doc.

I think Doc will be a good coach. I was shocked when Griffin got the job. There is no way that should have been the case. Not with Giannis and Dame. He didn't have a Riley like Spo did when he was starting to have his back.

Good move. I expect them to be right there at the end.

I think Doc will be a good coach. I was shocked when Griffin got the job. There is no way that should have been the case. Not with Giannis and Dame. He didn't have a Riley like Spo did when he was starting to have his back.

Good move. I expect them to be right there at the end.
Rivers is a great regular season coach. He’s an awful playoff coach.

Their defense is ugly, but that has a lot to do with front office choices, not just coaching. You replace an elite defender with one of the worst defenders in the league (Dame for Drue) and Beasley is bad at D too. Is that his fault? Same team that fired Budenholzer after a series where his brother was killed in a car crash in the middle of it and Giannis was battling an injury. They might just be strait savages over in Milwaukee

This is also a coach who had Brook Lopez and decided to have him play more aggresive pick and roll defense. So he might also just be really dumb.

I think you can argue most coaches just have shelf lives with a team and even if they are still a good coach it might be time to move on.

The flip side is there's no guarantee the guy you replace him with is any better, or even just as good. Which seems to be exactly what happened here

I’ve got zero clue as to whether or not they should have fired him.. but I will say this . Had he been fired and a white coach took his spot instead of Doc “can’t close out 3-1” rivers , the talking heads would be singing a different tune than they are now. That’s right I said it.

Kawhi messed around and got a triple double.

Also:

Agent Zero has always been a little off, but good for him...
It's MJ's actual gear.

that double T end of game call against Billups was pretty nuts. I can see why they are protesting the game.

Professional front offices are so imaginative with their hiring. What retread can they think of next?

I guess this means the Bucks are guaranteed to lose in the divisional round because that is Doc’s M.O.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom