2023-24 NBA Season | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

I could still see them as the second favorite to come out of the west, though it would be great if they could stay away from Denver in the draw
Yeah, they showed their ceiling. Can’t trust them, though.

$30m / yr couldn't get him a proper mattress? Air mattress...what the heck.

He has been a beast recently for my fantasy team since he came back from injury (6 games). Why couldn't he figure this out earlier
27 ppg
15 Reb
63% FG

Last edited:
Anthony Edwards dunk of the year last night over John Collins. Edwards dislocated finger and Collins is in concussion protocol. Watch the dunk in slow motion.

Anthony Edwards dunk of the year last night over John Collins. Edwards dislocated finger and Collins is in concussion protocol. Watch the dunk in slow motion.

Offensive foul.

Ward is also acceptable.

Just did this Sporcle quiz while watching the tournament. Had to name the highest scoring player in every individual NBA final game between 2010 and 2019. Most were easy, the expected players (surprise Lebron made the cut) but I missed 2 of them. And you could have left me in a room for a year and I don't think I would have ever remembered one of them.

That one player was? Spoiler below.
Timofey Mozgov

missed two randos and one I should have known with multiple high scoring games. 54 of 58 not turrible.

Watched more college basketball yesterday than I probably have watched all year. At 9 I switched to Knicks vs Nuggets.

The disparity of play between the pro game and the college game has never been greater in my lifetime. It's like watching two different sports.
The college game is CYO ball compared to the NBA.

Just did this Sporcle quiz while watching the tournament. Had to name the highest scoring player in every individual NBA final game between 2010 and 2019. Most were easy, the expected players (surprise Lebron made the cut) but I missed 2 of them. And you could have left me in a room for a year and I don't think I would have ever remembered one of them.

That one player was? Spoiler below.
Timofey Mozgov

I got 57, missed the one you highlighted, what an incredible fact

If Joker doesn't win MVP again this year, there's something fishy going on. He leads the league in PER, VORP, WS, WS/40, OBPM, DBPM, BPM. He's unequivocally the best player in the league.

I just wonder if he will fall victim to the "contrarian vote" like when voters had to search out other players like Derrick Rose to give the award to instead of Jordan or Lebron.

If Joker doesn't win MVP again this year, there's something fishy going on. He leads the league in PER, VORP, WS, WS/40, OBPM, DBPM, BPM. He's unequivocally the best player in the league.

I just wonder if he will fall victim to the "contrarian vote" like when voters had to search out other players like Derrick Rose to give the award to instead of Jordan or Lebron.
I think he will win it but not by as much as he should. There is definitely some prejudice against him.

He didnt win it last year so I think it's "ok" for him to win again this year. Which he should.

Specific to the Derrick Rose year, that was after Lebron won 2 in a row, which was where Jokic was at last year, which opened the door to Embiid winning. (Embiid was also awesome last year). Between Jokic not winning it last year and then his dominance in leading them to the title (which some people were holding against him last year) I think the narrative is open for him to win the next few MVPs

He’s absurd. He should win.

I think I’d put Luka second, but it doesn’t matter.

He’s absurd. He should win.

I think I’d put Luka second, but it doesn’t matter.

I think I might have SGA second, but it hardly matters. But does provide me a segue.

I know I have brought this up before, but it is wild how long we might end up going without an american born MVP. Harden was the last one in 2018. Jokic seems to have it locked up for this year, maybe next year. Then you still have guys like SGA and Luka (plus I am not forgetting Giannis and Embiid, though Embiid may never qualify again). And oh yeah, Wemby is probably about 2-3 years away from being the default MVP favorite every season for a decade.

I think I might have SGA second, but it hardly matters. But does provide me a segue.

I know I have brought this up before, but it is wild how long we might end up going without an american born MVP. Harden was the last one in 2018. Jokic seems to have it locked up for this year, maybe next year. Then you still have guys like SGA and Luka (plus I am not forgetting Giannis and Embiid, though Embiid may never qualify again). And oh yeah, Wemby is probably about 2-3 years away from being the default MVP favorite every season for a decade.
The only guy I can think of at the moment would be Tatum, who might get the "let's just give it to the best player on the best team" treatment.

If -IF - Minnesota gets the best record which will mean Ant was great. He could get it this year. SGA is my runner up at this point.

The only guy I can think of at the moment would be Tatum, who might get the "let's just give it to the best player on the best team" treatment.
He will get it next year, after the Celtics win this year.

He deserves to win - but it is a very good MVP class this year. Embiid would have been a real threat if he had stayed healthy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom