2023-24 Portal Options | Page 114 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

If we're being honest, I would much prefer us cut bait with Hima and go after two centers in the portal that could split the positions 20/20.

I do not understand why anyone would feel great about Hima. He was not good in the limited minutes he got, and only got those minutes because there was literally nobody else to play the middle of the zone.

I do not understand why anyone would feel great about Hima. He was not good in the limited minutes he got, and only got those minutes because there was literally nobody else to play the middle of the zone.

Because he's a 4.0 student?

If we're being honest, I would much prefer us cut bait with Hima and go after two centers in the portal that could split the positions 20/20.

What!? You don't like his 1.0ppg or his 1.0rpg lmao

More combine news trickling in
I hope Judah kicks everyone's butt, but the quantity of higher caliber competition there is at the combine/declared for the draft, increases the chance that he returns.

if by good you mean serviceable in 5 minute stretches then yeah right on
Wouldn't surprise me to see Red play more guys and give everyone an opportunity for success, especially if he wants to run on offense and pressure on defense. I'm hoping for a quote from one of the players saying that Red is telling them to come in tip-top shape (not that they weren't before).

I thought Hima played well in his limited minutes. He was an excellent shot blocker in the zone. Jesse played the vast majority of minutes, but when Jesse struggled a bit early in the season and when he had foul trouble, I thought Hima stepped in and showed flashes both on defense and in rebounding. His offensive game, though, left a lot to be desired, and he kind of stalled out as he got less time as the season progressed and Jesse became more consistent and wasn’t fouling as much. Of course I’d prefer that we land a legit experienced starting center but I think Hima can be good as a backup next year.

Last edited:

More combine news trickling in
If Andre Jackson is a first round pick then what are we doing here? Nothing about his game says first rounder. He's a 2 at the next level that can't shoot. The three and D guys shoot at a respectable clip. He's shooting below 30% on the perimeter.

If Andre Jackson is a first round pick then what are we doing here? Nothing about his game says first rounder. He's a 2 at the next level that can't shoot. The three and D guys shoot at a respectable clip. He's shooting below 30% on the perimeter.

He's a point forward that is an elite athlete and defender. He proved he can hit the occasional open 3. He is in the mold of a Draymond Green in some ways but the do it all aspect of his game I would say makes him a good pro prospect. He had a huge impact on their run.

He's a point forward that is an elite athlete and defender. He proved he can hit the occasional open 3. He is in the mold of a Draymond Green in some ways but the do it all aspect of his game I would say makes him a good pro prospect. He had a huge impact on their run.
I don't see a NBA player when I see him. Quite frankly, I don't think he helps an average college team that much. He was good for the team he was on. That isn't NBA.