2023 MLB Season | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2023 MLB Season

It is frustrating, but I am going to focus on 1) Means seems like he can be their ace in the playoff, and 2) Rodriquez appears to be well on his way to becoming who they thought he could be. With Bradish, that gives a solid 1-3 for the playoffs. That’s a far cry from what folks were thinking as recently as August.
Losing Mount Felix at the back end has really upended the bullpen and put some guys (Fujinami, for one) in spots they are not suited for.
But hey, the O’s are going to be playing in October!!!
Bradish has been Baltimore's ace for about three months now. Means has been back for a few minutes. Have to go with Bradish then Rodriguez. Not sure after that but obviously a starter or two is likely headed for the bullpen.

Bradish has been Baltimore's ace for about three months now. Means has been back for a few minutes. Have to go with Bradish then Rodriguez. Not sure after that but obviously a starter or two is likely headed for the bullpen.

Bradish is 100% going to get the nod for whatever game 1 of whatever playoff series the Orioles play in and rightfully so. Right now I think it goes Bradish/ Rodriguez/ Means/ Kremer if needed.

I don't think Gibson starts a game in the playoffs. I mean if you prefer Gibson over Kremer I am not going to argue. Both have had their ups and downs

I don't live and die by stats but I would not be surprised if Bradish has the lowest ERA in the AL since the all star break, gotta be right there. he has had so many great starts

IMG_2240.jpeg

Overhand?
Not sure of the velocity and the release looked a little different. I would think if they are serious about putting him on the playoff roster he would probably need to test it out against Boston this weekend.

Ronald Acuna Jr 40-70 Wow!

Sure the rules are different this year. But did anyone else who played this season come close to doing it?
Absurd numbers.

I don’t watch them until the playoffs though, so I gotta ask - how is he in the field?

I ask because I’m holding out hope Mookie can get MVP. His numbers overall are not quite what Acuna’s are, but defensively he’s insane. Incredible right fielder, who can just go in the infield and be an incredible second baseman, can go over to SS if needed, can go to CF and be great. His defensive greatness at multiple positions is nuts to me.

Acuna’s probably great in the field too though isn’t he?

Seattle's September of suck is going to lose my Over 87 regular season win ticket. A split with Texas gets me a push. Not confident the Mariners can win 3 of 4, even with Texas sitting everyone after the Rangers clinch the west.

That wasn’t even close. Dude is awful.
I’d say “it’s one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen”, but I’ve seen a lot of his calls and it’s just a regular thing for him.

I almost think him and MLB are trolling, but I can’t figure what the end game would be?

That guy shouldn’t be umping any games where the player’s livelihoods are at stake.

* In high school I got punched out on a pitch that hit the dirt before the plate and bounced into the catchers mitt….I can only presume the ump just saw where the pitch ended up. After standing there, looking at him, saying whatever I said…on the way back to the dugout I fired my bat into the ground so hard that it flattened about a 1/2 inch of the side of the metal end of the bat that sticks out below the handle. Amazingly didn’t get tossed - guessing the ump either realized what happened, or he simply didn’t even see my reaction either? Lmao. Bad calls happen but holy crap, its infuriating when its THAT bad.

For the major leagues, that Harper one is as bad as it can get.

Good job by MLB making all games free today to watch online. I think all the playoff teams have been decided so it's just seeding. But still nice to watch whatever game you want.

Good job by MLB making all games free today to watch online. I think all the playoff teams have been decided so it's just seeding. But still nice to watch whatever game you want.
Biggest piece of puzzle left is AL West champ. The division winner gets to avoid the wild card round

I love Bochy but it took Scherzer about 30 minutes to suck all the oxygen out of the stadium last night. Seemed like a big ask for a guy who hasn't pitched in a month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom