2023 Schedule | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule

If SU has 6 wins we might see 30K.

If we are struggling I see 20-22K tops

I don't expect Pitt to travel well. Steelers are at home that weekend. Pitt fans are pretty weak at traveling.

Mid November, we'll likely be either 5-4, or maybe 6-3, Pitt probably around the same. It's a long time 'rivalry' that doesn't excite either fanbase. At all.

I think 30k total in the building would be a miracle.

I was trying to be optimistic

Maybe 7-2 and pushing 30K

Pitt traveling like crap
SU playing Pinstripe last year
Maui Invitational
Pissed off CNY STHers
High ticket prices
YS a PITA to drive too

Yeah I'm feeling 20K

I was trying to be optimistic

Maybe 7-2 and pushing 30K

Pitt traveling like crap
SU playing Pinstripe last year
Maui Invitational
Pissed off CNY STHers
High ticket prices
YS a PITA to drive too

Yeah I'm feeling 20K

I always appreciate optimism. But this is just a cash grab, and I assume we need the cash.

The stadium will be empty and both schools (mostly us) will be mocked for it, for one day only. Then no one will care. Hopefully we at least win the game.

The Purdue fans are clueless when the B1G releases their first 3 weeks' TV times. Their guesses are both early and late...lol

Any chance of the Colgate opener being moved to Friday night or is Saturday locked in?

Any chance of the Colgate opener being moved to Friday night or is Saturday locked in?

If they move the game to Friday, there'll probably be someone I want to see at the fair Friday night.

BTW traveling out to WMU to open 2018 was a fun trip. I actually don't mind a road trip to some of these MAC schools: WMU, Ohio, UB, Toledo and Akron
Ohio U was fun, The Marching 110 or whatever their called were Outstanding !!!

I always appreciate optimism. But this is just a cash grab, and I assume we need the cash.

The stadium will be empty and both schools (mostly us) will be mocked for it, for one day only. Then no one will care. Hopefully we at least win the game.
You've got that right, we need the cash so bleeping badly

My guesses for our slots for the first 3 games…

Saturday September 2nd

There are 5 ACC games scheduled

I assume South Carolina vs UNC is going to be on ABC or ESPN.

I assume the ACCN will televise 3 games, at noon, 3:30 and 7 pm ish.

I assume there will be one RSN game, probably at 12:30 )I think that is when they tend to get scheduled).

Old Dominion vs VT appears to be the most attractive game and probably gets the 7 pm start on ACCN. They like to televise games in Blacksburg at night too.

The second most attractive game will probably get the 3:30 pm slot on ACCN. I think that is probably Northern Illinois at BC but it could be Colgate at Syracuse. Let’s pencil in BC for the 3:30 pm game on ACCN.

I will pencil in Colgate at Syracuse for the noon ACCN game and since I think Winford at Pitt is the worst game, put that one on the RSN. Wh knew Wofford played football?

Saturday September 9th

13 ACC schools are scheduled to play this day and all are home games. Seems likely some teams will be playing on ACCNX.

Let’s list them by attractiveness in descending order and assign times and channels accordingly:

ND at NC State (ABC night)
Texas A&M at Miami (ABC afternoon)
Southern Miss at FSU (ESPN2 night)
Charleston Southern at Clemson (ESPN2 3:30)
Purdue at VT (ACCN night)
App State at UNC (ACCN 3:30 pm)
Cincinnati at Pitt (ACCN noon)
Vanderbilt at Wake (RSN 12:30 pm)
Western Michigan at Syracuse (ACCNX; guessing SU schedules it at 3:30 pm)
James Madison at Virginia (ACCNX)
Lafayette at Duke (ACCNX)
Holy Cross at BC (ACCNX)
South Carolina State at GT (ACCNX)

I bet at least one of these games penciled in for ACCNX gets moved to Friday night (and gets televised then). I think Syracuse is a likely candidate.

Saturday September 16th

No idea what the B1G is going to do with the SU-Purdue game. I suspect it will be a nooner on BTN though.

im hoping since we alread met our obligation of 1 friday night home game they go to another team for a friday night game week 2.
Im thinking sometime in the afternoon for purdue

I still randomly get pissed off that our AD moved a home conference game against a rival that we never beat to a baseball stadium five hours away from campus. Coming off a bowl season when the program has some juice.

He should send everybody that I have season tickets with a pack of cigs to smoke.

Last edited:
I still randomly get pissed off that our AD moved a home conference game against a rival that we never beat to a baseball stadium five hours away from campus. Coming off a ball season when the program has some juice.

He should send everybody that I have season tickets with a pack of cigs to smoke.
Yeah as a few have opined, I wonder if this game was part of the deal to get the Pinstripe this past season. If so, bad tradeoff, I would rather have kept the home game and gone to the Fenway Bowl, we probably would have won that game at least. If this was just a way to get some extra cash, I would like to know how much more cash that is vs a home game with 35-40K ticket sales, concessions etc. We certainly aren’t talking the kind of money we will get when we play Tennessee, not by a longshot

I'm not sure there was a deal. I think both events were independent. My understanding this game was in the works awhile ago.

I just think this was a bad decision for '23. I'd have added an extra game to the Army series and made it a neutral affair. Move Pitt to September and Army to Veterans Day weekend. Added another home game in the late 20s

Yeah as a few have opined, I wonder if this game was part of the deal to get the Pinstripe this past season. If so, bad tradeoff, I would rather have kept the home game and gone to the Fenway Bowl, we probably would have won that game at least. If this was just a way to get some extra cash, I would like to know how much more cash that is vs a home game with 35-40K ticket sales, concessions etc. We certainly aren’t talking the kind of money we will get when we play Tennessee, not by a longshot
I was thinking about the Tennessee game this morning, too. While I don’t think that we should ever schedule a non-Vanderbilt SEC game I can understand and appreciate the reasons behind doing so in the way that we are.

Moving a Pitt home game to Yankee Stadium makes zero sense unless the money is shockingly high. Which is unrealistic.

The only way this makes sense is if pitt moves our game with them to a neutral site or we are home next year allowing us to have either pitt and BC home on differing years

The only way this makes sense is if pitt moves our game with them to a neutral site or we are home next year allowing us to have either pitt and BC home on differing years
That would be awesome but the ACC would have to get involved to make it happen.

I still randomly get pissed off that our AD moved a home conference game against a rival that we never beat to a baseball stadium five hours away from campus. Coming off a bowl season when the program has some juice.

He should send everybody that I have season

I watch the Yankees on YES all season long and I see those revolving ads behind home plate already advertising the 2023 Pinstripe Bowl but I see nothing advertising the Pitt-SYR game. Seems strange they would push Pinstripe already with no clue who's playing when they have a game with determined opponents. I guess the Yankees are going to depend on the schools to sell tix to their respective fan bases.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom