2023 US Open (Golf) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2023 US Open (Golf)

Some questionable golf right now under Sunday pressure.
Single digits might win this thing.

EDIT - Clark in more crap again it appears.

Awful commentating by Azinger there.
"The ball is not going to anywhere close"... the balls moves down a good 12 feet closer after his comment.
Good shot by Clark to possibly save par.

EDIT - Clutch par by Clark... that might be enough to settle him down for a few holes.

Awful commentating by Azinger there.
"The ball is not going to anywhere close"... the balls moves down a good 12 feet closer after his comment.
Good shot by Clark to possibly save par.

EDIT - Clutch par by Clark... that might be enough to settle him down for a few holes.
Huge putt by Clark.

It definitely moves but if it goes back to original spot he’s good, right?

I thought this was going to be Rickie's day. Not sure if he'll ever get a major, but he's only 34

Wyndham “don’t call me double tree” Clark went out and grabbed it. No one else stepped up.

Some bad driving down the stretch by Clark and now Rory.

Edit - Rory gets a great break.
We have a tournament.

Clark was soooo good down the stretch at Wells Fargo. But this is just another level. He’s feeling it.

Why is the fairway on the last hole of a major wider than a football field? So dumb.

LACC Members freaking out as the crowd is now charging up the fairway on the 18th!
How dare the unwashed masses and simpletons do this!

Tommy Fleetwood missing the 5 foot putt on 18th cost me about $300 (Difference of a full top 5 share vs a 1/3 share). Bum.

Rory choked on the 18th. Best he could do was 41 feet.

18th was a tough hole to get a birdie on or even that close. Sure he could have been closer than 41 feet, but still getting a real good birdie look on that hole is tough
Wouldn't call getting a par on that a choke.

He didn't do enough to win it today, but didn't really play that bad either.

Top three golfers all shot even par in the last round. Clark did what he needed to do. Congrats to him. Seems like his career is trending in a great direction. Unfortunately Rickie didn't bring his "A" game today.

It's great to see such unmitigated joy from Clark. His lag-putting was the difference.
Clark made some mistakes but his short game was great. People now know who he is.

Top three golfers all shot even par in the last round. Clark did what he needed to do. Congrats to him. Seems like his career is trending in a great direction. Unfortunately Rickie didn't bring his "A" game today.

Sadly for Rickie this could be his last really good chance at a major. Would have liked to seen him get one -- he seemed to be one of the first players to go out of his way to congratulate the winnier. But he is not at the level he was at around 2013-2016... give or take a few years on that.

18th was a tough hole to get a birdie on or even that close.
Wouldn't call getting a par on that a choke.

He didn't do enough to win it today, but didn't really play that bad either.
He was closer than Scottie who put it in there.

Either way we are constantly told (Zinger being the latest, all day building him up) that Rory is a cut above the rest of the PGA. Clearly he is not.

Admittedly I have been spoiled by years of Tiger doing Tiger things. I absolutely expect Rory to do something great at the end and time and time again he doesn't.

Sadly for Rickie this could be his last really good chance at a major. Would have liked to seen him get one -- he seemed to be one of the first players to go out of his way to congratulate the winnier. But he is not at the level he was at around 2013-2016... give or take a few years on that.
They have that Oklahoma State connection. I'm sure Clark felt very comfortable playing with Rickie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom