2024 Schedule | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

I get that desperate times call for desperate measures, but I’d really prefer to not play in Week 0. That’s hella early for a team that’s going to be breaking in a TON of new players.

There’s no way we will play AT hawaii

If we’re playing them, it’s going to be week 0 in Cuse
Correct

Hawaii is actually playing in a temporary stadium (Ching). Seating capacity will be almost 17K for the 2024 season. The stadium is basically a HS erector set to be a work around after the Aloha Bowl closed. The new stadium is delayed over politics.

I'd love it if we host them in '24 and return to Hawaii sometime around 2030 for a game at Thanksgiving in their new stadium. The drawings look awesome.

Last edited:
I get that desperate times call for desperate measures, but I’d really prefer to not play in Week 0. That’s hella early for a team that’s going to be breaking in a TON of new players.
??? You still have the same amount of practices though. Just a shorter summer. Hawaii would be a good test but a team I expect we'll be favored by 10-14 pts.

Another benefit would be our chance to watch the Hawaiian War Dance (Ha'a) before the kickoff.
download.jpeg

You need time off after returning from a Hawaii trip. Just ask Jim Boeheim.

You get to start practice a week earlier too.

??? You still have the same amount of practices though. Just a shorter summer. Hawaii would be a good test but a team I expect we'll be favored by 10-14 pts.

Another benefit would be our chance to watch the Hawaiian War Dance (Ha'a) before the kickoff.View attachment 236232
I get the mechanics of it. But it seems really disruptive. Hawaii also seems to play teams tough early in the season, since their program is used to that kind of schedule.

Like I’ve been saying, I’d rather go thump UMass in Amherst than play anyone halfway decent or play on a disrupted schedule.

That may not be an option, I get it. But that’d be my preference.

I get the mechanics of it. But it seems really disruptive. Hawaii also seems to play teams tough early in the season, since their program is used to that kind of schedule.

Like I’ve been saying, I’d rather go thump UMass in Amherst than play anyone halfway decent or play on a disrupted schedule.

That may not be an option, I get it. But that’d be my preference.
Scooch when I meet you at the tailgate will you be in costume?

BTW...love to hear some stories at the tailgate about your time wearing it.
6aeeefd3995d52fbd6fa3ebbe551b87f.jpg

Dream scenario: Week Zero, primetime game on a national network to unveil the new Fran led Orange to kick off the college football season. Then we use that extra bye to the fullest
Preaseason unranked ACC schools have a tough mountain to climb to crack the top 25 pasting Hawaii week 0 could honestly mean we get ranked week 3 instead of week 6 or 7.

Remember even if we beat Clemson this year 5-0 Syracuse was still going to be unranked that week not enough teams had lost at that point and Clemsons stock was low.

Give Hawaii a 2 for 1 and go there a year where we play noone OOC and can load up with 13 games. Week 0 with a trip for the game and the fair is a great way to start the Fran era.

Dream scenario: Week Zero, primetime game on a national network to unveil the new Fran led Orange to kick off the college football season. Then we use that extra bye to the fullest
This is where I am a messed-up fan.

I do NOT want a prime time week one game (we have that in 2025.) I want to open up against mediocre teams to give the staff easy games to gets use to the in-game stuff together. First-time HC, first-time DC, etc. will be far from perfect.

Would love to earn a game being bumped into prime time in late Oct/earl November. That would buck the past couple years and nip perceptions.

plus, they scored a td that I am sure the guy never got in the end zone. Years and years later, I'm, playing black jack at Foxwoods and who comes and sits down at my table but Flutie. We get to talking and I tell him that I think the guys name was struthers, never got in the end zone. Flutie says oh sure he did. Nice guy.
Wasn’t SU 3-1 against Flutie?

This is where I am a messed-up fan.

I do NOT want a prime time week one game (we have that in 2025.) I want to open up against mediocre teams to give the staff easy games to gets use to the in-game stuff together. First-time HC, first-time DC, etc. will be far from perfect.

Would love to earn a game being bumped into prime time in late Oct/earl November. That would buck the past couple years and nip perceptions.
Hawaii is bad and these week zero games are not major matchups. They still get prime time because football is king Umass-New Mexico State was prime time week zero. Umass won on the road.

New Mexico State is a better program than Hawaii right now. So you don’t trust Fran to have us better than Umass lol?

Hawaii is bad and these week zero games are not major matchups. They still get prime time because football is king Umass-New Mexico State was prime time week zero. Umass won on the road.

New Mexico State is a better program than Hawaii right now. So you don’t trust Fran to have us better than Umass lol?
I see where you are coming from. I co-associate prime-time with marquee matchup.

The country does not care about an 8pm ET football game in August and less there is a matchup of powerhouses.

Correct

Hawaii is actually playing in a temporary stadium (Ching). Seating capacity will be almost 17K for the 2024 season. The stadium is basically a HS erector set to be a work around after the Aloha Bowl closed. The new stadium is delayed over politics.

I'd love it if we host them in '24 and return to Hawaii sometime around 2030 for a game at Thanksgiving in their new stadium. The drawings look awesome.

Yes most lower end high school stadiums are as nice as this field.

Walked around to check it out in November while there for the relocated Maui Invitational.

The stadium was surrounded by the most portable toilets I have ever seen, there must have been hundreds outside or near the entrances at each end zone.

I know it's tough making a schedule, but we're really leaving this to the last minute. The only options now are:

Hawaii
UMass
SMU

All others with openings will most likely be scheduling an FCS team. Michigan State has an opening now after Louisiana backed out of their game to play Wake. So could maybe play them as well, but I wouldn't bet on it

I know it's tough making a schedule, but we're really leaving this to the last minute. The only options now are:

Hawaii
UMass
SMU

All others with openings will most likely be scheduling an FCS team. Michigan State has an opening now after Louisiana backed out of their game to play Wake. So could maybe play them as well, but I wouldn't bet on it
We'll see...still hoping for Hawaii in week zero.

UMass would make a decent fall back but they only have 5 home games.

Hawaii
UMass
SMU

Michigan State has 9 B1G games and BC. I bet they add an FCS.

Michigan State has 9 B1G games and BC. I bet they add an FCS.

That's a safe bet. They have a tough stretch in the middle, so an early win would be helpful.

That said, their opening is Sep 14, which is also open for us.

Years ago many people here bragged about Syracuse playing a tough schedule. I very agree that we need a lighter schedule than recently, but IMO Syracuse needs another quality opponent for 2024. The past few years we have beaten up lessor programs but got beaten up by good teams. I am very excited about what HCFB has done and I think one more quality opponent gives us another quality win.

Years ago many people here bragged about Syracuse playing a tough schedule. I very agree that we need a lighter schedule than recently, but IMO Syracuse needs another quality opponent for 2024. The past few years we have beaten up lessor programs but got beaten up by good teams. I am very excited about what HCFB has done and I think one more quality opponent gives us another quality win.
Michigan State is the only option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom