2024 Schedule | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

Most schools have the full band go to only one away game, with the cost as only one factor. The other school has to have available seating for it as well. At just about all the UVa games I've attended, the opponent that has had their band there has had a smaller contingent with the obvious exception of VPI. Their full band goes to C'ville and our full band goes to Bleaksburg, oops, I mean Blacksburg.
yeah completely understand that dynamic. The BC game usually has ample seats for a modified marching band presence i'm sure. To me that's a bus ride which should be the intention. I'm not talking about putting the band up at the Bellagio for the UNLV game (although i'm sure they'd love it).

College sports becoming more and more businesses, the only things we can hold onto are the traditions, the bands, cheerleaders, mascots, et al. Those are the threads that keep it all together ultimately and make schools unique

yeah completely understand that dynamic. The BC game usually has ample seats for a modified marching band presence i'm sure. To me that's a bus ride which should be the intention. I'm not talking about putting the band up at the Bellagio for the UNLV game (although i'm sure they'd love it).

College sports becoming more and more businesses, the only things we can hold onto are the traditions, the bands, cheerleaders, mascots, et al. Those are the threads that keep it all together ultimately and make schools unique
Or the band could do it themselves for some of the closer games? Many of the hockey bands travel and pay for the buses and tickets and hotels to travel. some of those trips are closer, but RIT/Clarkson/Cornell and others travel for games with 4-5-6 hrs.

This came up a little bit when a game with KU might have been a possibility but they are playing 4 home games at Arrowhead and 2 at the Sporting KC soccer stadium this season - if anyone still cares, which you probably don't :)

UVa is 6 home, 6 away and the byes are after 4-game stretches. I read somewhere only one other ACC team is like that.
Miami starts with 6 games before a bye, and they have a 6-6 schedule.

Most schools have the full band go to only one away game, with the cost as only one factor. The other school has to have available seating for it as well. At just about all the UVa games I've attended, the opponent that has had their band there has had a smaller contingent with the obvious exception of VPI. Their full band goes to C'ville and our full band goes to Bleaksburg, oops, I mean Blacksburg.
Hokie Stone is pretty nice, in an institutional sort of way.

Expectations for Homecoming:
  • Sep 28 - Holy Cross
  • Nov 2 - VPI
  • Sep 7 GA Tech
I’m guessing Holy Cross.
Well, VPI it is:

The Office of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving’s Orange Central Homecoming Weekend, including Law alumni, is set for Nov. 1-3, when the Orange host Virginia Tech in the JMA Wireless Dome. Additional details will be released in the coming weeks

The CW cutting back on ACC Football for 2024. Either one early window on some Saturdays, or no game at all.

SATURDAY
SEPT. 28
4:00 PM ET
Kansas Lottery 300
KANSAS SPEEDWAY

SATURDAY
OCT. 5
NASCAR Xfinity Series Race at Talladega
TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY

SATURDAY
OCT. 12
Drive for the Cure 250 Presented by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY ROAD COURSE

SATURDAY
OCT. 19
7:30 PM ET
NASCAR Xfinity Series Playoff Race at Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY

SATURDAY
OCT. 26
NASCAR Xfinity Series Race at Homestead-Miami
HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY

SATURDAY
NOV. 2
NASCAR Xfinity Series Playoff Race at Martinsville
MARTINSVILLE SPEEDWAY

SATURDAY
NOV. 9
NASCAR Xfinity Series Championship
PHOENIX RACEWAY

The CW cutting back on ACC Football for 2024. Either one early window on some Saturdays, or no game at all.

SATURDAY
SEPT. 28
Kansas Lottery 300
KANSAS SPEEDWAY

SATURDAY
OCT. 5
NASCAR Xfinity Series Race at Talladega
TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY

SATURDAY
OCT. 12
Drive for the Cure 250 Presented by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY ROAD COURSE

SATURDAY
OCT. 19
NASCAR Xfinity Series Playoff Race at Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY

SATURDAY
OCT. 26
NASCAR Xfinity Series Race at Homestead-Miami
HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY

SATURDAY
NOV. 2
NASCAR Xfinity Series Playoff Race at Martinsville
MARTINSVILLE SPEEDWAY

SATURDAY
NOV. 9
NASCAR Xfinity Series Championship
PHOENIX RACEWAY
As long as the CW doesn’t cut back on sky cam time at littlejohn coliseum, I think everyone will be happy.

Hokie Stone is pretty nice, in an institutional sort of way.
It is not bad. Kind of a second rate version of Onondaga limestone. Nice but Onondaga is the best.

When will single game tickets be available?
Don’t quote me on this but I talked to my rep last week or so and I think he mentioned end of June start or July???

they have to get thru the season ticket renewal process and then add all the new STH purchases and then offer single games to the STH and then go public? Isn't that the normal process or do they condense it some?

Hey now!...you hold on to the cheerleaders that definitely puts you into the creeper category

Aug. 31 – Ohio – Season Opener
The first game of the Fran Brown Era of Syracuse football will kick off on Aug. 31 in the JMA Wireless Dome. Brown enters his first season at Syracuse having secured the highest-ranked recruiting class in modern program history, On3's No. 14 ranked transfer class – including Kyle McCord and Fadil Diggs – plus a talented group of returning players.

It'll also feature fans' first opportunity to see the next phase of the JMA Dome Transformation Project, which will feature chairback seating throughout the venue for the first time.

Sept. 7 – Georgia Tech – Military & First Responder Appreciation
The first conference game for Coach Fran and the Orange will be the program's annual Military Appreciation Game, presented by Broadview Federal Credit Union. Syracuse Athletics would like to thank all military personnel for their dedication to our country. Fans have the opportunity to thank a veteran or active military member for their service by sponsoring military tickets to the game as part of the Broadview FCU 'Cuse for the Troops initiative. Visit Cuse.com/Military for more information.

Sept. 20 – Stanford – Healthcare Appreciation.
Healthcare professionals and their support staff will be recognized for their hard work and dedication through discounted tickets and in-game recognition.

The game will also be the 44th anniversary of the first football game played in the Dome, combining the University's historic number with its iconic venue.

Sept. 28 – Holy Cross – Family Weekend / Youth Sports Day / Cheer & Dance Day
All local youth sports, cheer and dance teams are invited to attend. Cheer and dance squads will be invited to participate in a clinic prior to the game.

It'll also be Syracuse University's family weekend. For more information, visit the Family Weekend website.

Nov. 2 – Virginia Tech – Orange Central
Orange Central, Syracuse's home coming weekend, will fall on the same weekend a classic BIG EAST rival visits the Dome.

There is a weekend full of activities planned at SU. For more information, visit the Orange Central website.

Nov. 23 – UConn – School & Scout Day
Syracuse Athletics would like to thank all students, faculty, and support staff for their hard work by offering discounted tickets. It is also Scout Day! All local Boy and Girl Scouts are invited to purchase a discounted ticket, participate in a pre-game activity, and receive a scout patch.

Nov. 30 – Miami – Senior Day / Fan Appreciation Day
Syracuse football seniors will be recognized for their final game in the JMA Wireless Dome and loyal Orange supporters will be recognized on the date that the Hurricanes are set to visit 'Cuse for the first time in 22 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom