2024 Schedule | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

We'll see...still hoping for Hawaii in week zero.

UMass would make a decent fall back but they only have 5 home games.

If Hawaii is ultimately scheduled I doubt it will be a week zero game. Both teams seem to have an opening for 9/7, game would likely be scheduled then.

its not even a factor
How can it not be a factor.

The acc has to know what you have scheduled OC to make its own schedule.

Now you could block off the OC game date you dont have scheduled and perhaps play no game at all if nothing works out.

But if you have your games booked the ACC then sets its against it

Until we have an ACC schedule we could move other games around and open up other days to play OC if other teams agreed. As more schedules come out those options go away,

Now you could block off the OC game date you dont have scheduled and perhaps play no game at all if nothing works out.

Until we have an ACC schedule we could move other games around and open up other days to play OC if other teams agreed. As more schedules come out those options go away,
for 1 game they are not going to hold it up, they will give you 3 open dates or a heads up as its a 2 bye year next year and it will be on the school to fill. In most cases its likely done just waiting on documents to go through the formal approval process and worse comes to worse the school adds a 2nd fcs team.

We'll see...still hoping for Hawaii in week zero.

UMass would make a decent fall back but they only have 5 home games.
umass doesnt really have a home field advantage so does it really matter to them?

I agree with Chris here.

It’s not the ACC fault that Syracuse has been slow to react to filling this game. It is not the ACCs problem that Syracuse doesn’t have a full slate of non conference games

The ACC will make their schedule and Syracuse will have to work around IF for some reason Herm hasn’t filled the slot.

The ACC has a show for 9pm on January 31 to unveil the schedule. Syracuse already knows what weeks they have open that aren’t when conference games scheduled.

In my humble opinion this scheduling thing is absolutely unacceptable.

I agree with Chris here.

It’s not the ACC fault that Syracuse has been slow to react to filling this game. It is not the ACCs problem that Syracuse doesn’t have a full slate of non conference games

The ACC will make their schedule and Syracuse will have to work around IF for some reason Herm hasn’t filled the slot.

The ACC has a show for 9pm on January 31 to unveil the schedule. Syracuse already knows what weeks they have open that aren’t when conference games scheduled.

I agree there.. At some point the ACC punts, if they have not already, which they probably have.

I agree there.. At some point the ACC punts, if they have not already, which they probably have.
SU will get it figured out. Some likely options.

UMass: Has potential openings for 10/12, 10/19 and 11/9
Wagner is on 9/21 and might be able to be moved.

Hawaii: Could do a Week zero game or some other week besides 8/31, 9/14 and 9/21

Mich St. Has 9/14, 10/12 and 11/9 potentially open. 9/14 seems most likely. However, they only have 6 home games and would probably want a home game.

NM St. needs a game. However, would they play 3 out of 4 OOC games away? I think they likely schedule a FCS school there for their opening. However, maybe they need a pay day. Dates filled 9/21, 9/28 and 11/16

SMU: We could do SMU a solid and schedule a non conference game vs them. They have a hole too. Dates filled 8/31 and 9/21. Another OOC game is listed as TBD

Last edited:
SU will get it figured out. Some likely options.

UMass: Has potential openings for 10/12, 10/19 and 11/9
Wagner is on 9/21 and might be able to be moved.

Hawaii: Could do a Week zero game or some other week besides 8/31, 9/14 and 9/21

Mich St. Has 9/14, 10/12 and 11/9 potentially open. 9/14 seems most likely. However, they only have 6 home games and would probably want a home game.

NM St. needs a game. However, would they play 3 out of 4 OOC games away? I think they likely schedule a FCS school there for their opening. However, maybe they need a pay day. Dates filled 9/21, 9/28 and 11/16

SMU: We could do SMU a solid and schedule a non conference game vs them. They have a hole too. Dates filled 8/31 and 9/21. Another OOC game is listed as TBD
Odds we can come to a compromise with Michigan State and do a neutral site game at Ford Field on 9/14. Probably too late to lock in a neutral site game at this time.

Odds we can come to a compromise with Michigan State and do a neutral site game at Ford Field on 9/14. Probably too late to lock in a neutral site game at this time.
Ford Field isn't really neutral. I doubt they do something like that. More likely we'd do a 1 for 1 series with MSU. I'd be down for that. MSU in '24 should be better but we'd have a solid chance at winning.

I'm sure the ACC is starting to tighten the screws on the conference schedule. SU really needs to get something done in the next week or so.

I agree with Chris here.

There will be a game scheduled. It’s Jan 12. It’s not a big deal it’s not done yet.

Ford Field isn't really neutral. I doubt they do something like that. More likely we'd do a 1 for 1 series with MSU. I'd be down for that. MSU in '24 should be better but we'd have a solid chance at winning.

I'm sure the ACC is starting to tighten the screws on the conference schedule. SU really needs to get something done in the next week or so.
Yeah more so the Ford Field idea was that it would be more MSU fans, but playing in a dome for SU. This is crazy to even consider, but with the schedule we have, I don’t think we have a chance to make the playoffs if we don’t win the ACC. If we add a game like MSU and win. MSU goes on to have a decent season it could be the difference between an at large bid and missing the playoffs if we drop a game.

Yeah more so the Ford Field idea was that it would be more MSU fans, but playing in a dome for SU. This is crazy to even consider, but with the schedule we have, I don’t think we have a chance to make the playoffs if we don’t win the ACC. If we add a game like MSU and win. MSU goes on to have a decent season it could be the difference between an at large bid and missing the playoffs if we drop a game.
I hear you...Ford Field might be a compromise. Adding MSU certainly helps the OOC SoS. It would definitely be 90-95% Green though. I think SMU is another smart add for SoS purposes. It also helps SMU out too.

I'd prefer to play SMU in a mini 1 for 1 OOC series...particularly if we lose all 3 remaining Army games.

It’s a big deal this late for football

We are literally scrambling to find a dancing partner and only have a few options and none are very attractive

This isn’t lacrosse where everything is finalized at the very end….

Eh, there will be a game. If none are very attractive, why does it matter who it is. Maybe there’s an extra home game, upside, otherwise a regional lower level road game, no net change. Just can’t get worked up about it.

Eh, there will be a game. If none are very attractive, why does it matter who it is. Maybe there’s an extra home game, upside, otherwise a regional lower level road game, no net change. Just can’t get worked up about it.

Because then we have to spend $$$$ to buy a game

Or we don’t get a 7th home game

And if we schedule 2 FCS opponents, we end up with 12 wins we aren’t bowl eligible

Because then we have to spend $$$$ to buy a game

Or we don’t get a 7th home game

And if we schedule 2 FCS opponents, we end up with 12 wins we aren’t bowl eligible
1. We are losing a road game.
2. If we want to make it a home game and don’t want to do a home and home then we should pay for it.
3. How do you figure that last sentence. That’s not how it works.

The limit is you can’t count two FCS games to become eligible. Army was 4-6 vs fbs. They couldn't use two FCS games to get to .500. Playing two FCS doesn’t disqualify you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom