2024 Schedule | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

The rumor is that the ACC is about to add a conference rule preventing ACC schools from scheduling G5 opponents on the road.

At the least, they are trying hard to discourage ACC schools from doing this. One rumor says this is driving VT to cancel a long term home and home series with Old Dominion.

That series has been a disaster for Virginia Tech, as they have lost two games on the road to the Monarchs already.
Once again this looks like a case of tv interests winning out over fans who attend games. Guessing that the ACC wants to get rid of G5 road games where they do not own media rights. Can’t see G5 teams agreeing to play only road series with ACC opponents, difficult enough to get 2-1 agreements. So the alternative would be home and away with other P4s? First of all, that is becoming more and more difficult with other conferences moving to 9 game schedules. Second, replacing a road G5 with a P4 could make for a tougher road to bowl eligibility. Finally, some of these G5 visits make for great road trips for fans who travel to games.
If this is truly being driven by a desire to improve strength of schedule, drop the FCS games. Or add an 18th team so you can play a nine game schedule.

Agreed. At the very least the ACC should allow some flexibility

Some that should always be a go IMHO

AAC
MWC
App St
Marshall
USM
Ohio
Buffalo
Toledo
WMU
CMU
Yukon

The rumor is that the ACC is about to add a conference rule preventing ACC schools from scheduling G5 opponents on the road.

At the least, they are trying hard to discourage ACC schools from doing this. One rumor says this is driving VT to cancel a long term home and home series with Old Dominion.

That series has been a disaster for Virginia Tech, as they have lost two games on the road to the Monarchs already.
An OOC loss to a G5 team could lower a conferences rating and end up costing them a playoff spot. On the other hand, P5 teams are going to have to shell out a lot more money for buy out games. What's in it for G5 teams to just play road games?

LOL. I was in the old Scooch costume, circa 1994. The Chiefs team that had both Carlos Delgado and Shawn Green on it. It was a very fun summer.
Scooch we were cleaning out our kids closet and came across this yesterday. Thought of you immediately

Attachments

• IMG_5325.jpeg
    IMG_5325.jpeg
    951.9 KB · Views: 39
Pretty much have to play Stanford or GT at home Sept 14/21 dont we? They are only teams with open dates in there.
At Cal is a possibility for the 21st, though, I hope not because it's the one day I can't make the game in Berkeley.

Pretty much have to play Stanford or GT at home Sept 14/21 dont we? They are only teams with open dates in there.
or an off week since there are 2 next season

What happens if we still haven’t found our dance partner for our fourth OOC game by the time the schedule is released?

Would the ACC just leave it blank for now?

What happens if we still haven’t found our dance partner for our fourth OOC game by the time the schedule is released?

Would the ACC just leave it blank for now?
Yes...and our potential weeks to work with will be down to 2 or 3 weeks

Its kind of crazy that we haven't figured out this 4th OOC game yet. They really need to get this finalized asap

Idk, I was told by people on here it wasn’t a big deal we didn’t have that 4th game lined up and that it wasn’t too late

its possible we have a verbal agreement with someone and let the acc know but the official contracts have not been signed, but its equally possible we have not haha. I vaguely remember a ticket rep of mine since mine changes so often saying they price season tickets at 6 games every year and if there are 7 they consider that a freebie for the fcs beatdown game that resale or demand is minimal

its possible we have a verbal agreement with someone and let the acc know but the official contracts have not been signed, but its equally possible we have not haha. I vaguely remember a ticket rep of mine since mine changes so often saying they price season tickets at 6 games every year and if there are 7 they consider that a freebie for the fcs beatdown game that resale or demand is minimal
Vaguely remember a premature scheduling announcement that caused some embarrassment years ago. Since then we wail until every t is crossed and i is dotted. Usually hear about scheduling from opponents sites. Keep in mind that we are in this position this year because Army joined a conference late then kept their opponents guessing which one or two they would honor. Still don't understand retaining a game at UNLV over a home game against Syracuse. Then the Kansas game was all but set but I think there were some issues with a desired return game that caused that deal to fall apart. Pretty confident the twefth game opponent is known and date is being finalized. Expect an announcement next week.

Vaguely remember a premature scheduling announcement that caused some embarrassment years ago. Since then we wail until every t is crossed and i is dotted. Usually hear about scheduling from opponents sites. Keep in mind that we are in this position this year because Army joined a conference late then kept their opponents guessing which one or two they would honor. Still don't understand retaining a game at UNLV over a home game against Syracuse. Then the Kansas game was all but set but I think there were some issues with a desired return game that caused that deal to fall apart. Pretty confident the twefth game opponent is known and date is being finalized. Expect an announcement next week.
Agree. I've been as frustrated with some of the late scheduling as anyone, but this one is a little different than in the past in that we did have a full schedule until the Army deal came about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom