2024 Schedule | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

I'm such a degenerate I think I can go the entire weekend with only spending actual money on tickets and beer at the game. Time to cash in on that Caesars Diamond plus and banked points baaaabbbyyyyyyy

Any chance the school could do a package deal flight/hotel for this? My wife won’t fly but maybe I could get one of my boys to go for a father/son bonding weekend?

And because I no nothing about booking flights on my own

Very excited for this game. Can we discuss where we all plan on staying??? Any idea where team may stay? My and a bunch of buddies are all already in.

Luxor just did some remodeling. It was so bad last year, UCONN's basketball up and left mid stay lol. It's cheap, it's close, I like their craps tables.

Mandalay Bay is also right there. About $100 more per night last I checked. This is the preferred for Ladytroop at the moment.

Ladytroop is checking out NYNY and Park MGM. Can walk across the street to Excalibur and jump the free tram to either Luxor or Mandalay bay, then walk across the highway from there.

Honestly, any of the strip hotels will work, depending on what you want to do. If it's your first time to Vegas maybe stay towards the middle of the strip (Harrahs, planet hollywood, Caesars, Bellagio, etc ). Easier to explore. I think an Uber to Luxor and walking over would be easier than Ubering to the stadium, but could be wrong.

UNLV finished 2023 9-5, 6-2 in the Mountain West. They were actually 9-2 at one point in the season before finishing with 3 losses in a row.

I am not sure who they return but Barry Odom did a really nice job there his first year as their HC. Playing on the road, this looks like a tough game for us.

I am good with this move as long as we are also moving the 2024 UConn game to Syracuse. IMHO, any season we do not have at least 7 home games on the schedule, IMHO, the SUAD has failed the team, the players and the fans.

I can't see UConn sticking with 8 home games in 2024. They will require them to have a season with 3 or 4 home games in a future year. You can't do that to your fans and your revenue stream.

Given this info, I have completed a first draft of what I think our schedule is going to look like.

Thoughts?

2024 Schedule

Date Opponent Time/TV Comments
Saturday, August 31stOHIO
Saturday, September 7thUCONN?UConn has 8 home games. SU would like a 7th home game
Saturday, September 14thSTANFORD?Both schools have the date open...
Saturday, September 21stat NC State?
Saturday, September 28thHOLY CROSS
Saturday, October 5that UNLVReplaces the cancelled game at Army
Saturday, October 12thBYE WEEK 1?Makes sense to give a week or rest after long road trip
Friday, October 18th?VIRGINIA TECH?Both programs like to play on Friday nights
Saturday, October 26that Pittsburgh?
Saturday, November 2ndat California?
Saturday, November 9thBYE WEEK 2?Makes sense to schedule bye week after Cali road trip
Saturday, November 16thGEORGIA TECH?
Saturday, November 23rdMIAMI
Saturday, November 30that Boston CollegeWe usually play BC the final week of the season

Last edited:
I get back to Florida from a cruise on 10/4. I am going to have to start selling my wife on this right now.
I read that as you have to start selling your wife to pay for the trip.

Oh no. Looks like the wife and I might have committed to a trip to Seattle to see her Huskies play Michigan that weekend. Time to negotiate and switch up plans.

I know I live here, but I'm getting a room for the weekend. I'll help supervise ya.

Luxor and mandalay bay are the two closest to the stadium. They close the overpass down so folks can just walk from the hotel to the stadium. Takes about 15 mins. Could also stay at NYNY or MGM grand, short walk or tram ride to NYNY.
I'll be coming in for this. Let me know what you do for seats. I will be by myself.

Oh sweet! Wont have to worry about triple digit temps, but will still be nice and warm. LET'S GOOOOO
Yea. First week of October should be below 103, lol. Oh I forgot. I am much further south in Phoenix.

Luxor just did some remodeling. It was so bad last year, UCONN's basketball up and left mid stay lol. It's cheap, it's close, I like their craps tables.

Mandalay Bay is also right there. About $100 more per night last I checked. This is the preferred for Ladytroop at the moment.

Ladytroop is checking out NYNY and Park MGM. Can walk across the street to Excalibur and jump the free tram to either Luxor or Mandalay bay, then walk across the highway from there.

Honestly, any of the strip hotels will work, depending on what you want to do. If it's your first time to Vegas maybe stay towards the middle of the strip (Harrahs, planet hollywood, Caesars, Bellagio, etc ). Easier to explore. I think an Uber to Luxor and walking over would be easier than Ubering to the stadium, but could be wrong.
Good to know. Platinum Marriot, and MGM and NY NY are under their wing I believe.

I'll be coming in for this. Let me know what you do for seats. I will be by myself.

I'll be with my usual group, I think you know at least a few of them. We always have room for one more!

This should be awesome. Would have preferred to tune up Hawaii week zero and UNLV was solid this year but I’d hope we have 50% of the crowd or close so it’s not a true roadie.

I probably will but may not even get a hotel and just fly in Friday evening after work and out red eye Saturday.

image_handler.aspx

Week 4, the Orange will host Stanford on Friday, Sept. 20, to commemorate 44 years of football in the Dome in upstate New York. The game will also mark Stanford’s first conference game as a member of the ACC.

Week 9, will once again see back-to-back Thursday and Friday night ACC contests, as Pitt will host Syracuse on Oct. 24, followed by Louisville traveling to Boston College on Oct. 25.

if we got a week 0 game we might be looking at a bye one of those 2 weeks.

UNLV finished 2023 9-5, 6-2 in the Mountain West. They were actually 9-2 at one point in the season before finishing with 3 losses in a row.

I am not sure who they return but Barry Odom did a really nice job there his first year as their HC. Playing on the road, this looks like a tough game for us.

I am good with this move as long as we are also moving the 2024 UConn game to Syracuse. IMHO, any season we do not have at least 7 home games on the schedule, IMHO, the SUAD has failed the team, the players and the fans.

I can't see UConn sticking with 8 home games in 2024. They will require them to have a season with 3 or 4 home games in a future year. You can't do that to your fans and your revenue stream.

Given this info, I have completed a first draft of what I think our schedule is going to look like.

Thoughts?

2024 Schedule

Date Opponent Time/TV Comments
Saturday, August 31stOHIO
Saturday, September 7thUCONN?UConn has 8 home games. SU would like a 7th home game
Saturday, September 14thSTANFORD?Both schools have the date open...
Saturday, September 21stat NC State?
Saturday, September 28thHOLY CROSS
Saturday, October 5that UNLVReplaces the cancelled game at Army
Saturday, October 12thBYE WEEK 1?Makes sense to give a week or rest after long road trip
Friday, October 18th?VIRGINIA TECH?Both programs like to play on Friday nights
Saturday, October 26that Pittsburgh?
Saturday, November 2ndat California?
Saturday, November 9thBYE WEEK 2?Makes sense to schedule bye week after Cali road trip
Saturday, November 16thGEORGIA TECH?
Saturday, November 23rdMIAMI
Saturday, November 30that Boston CollegeWe usually play BC the final week of the season

The current Uconn schedule set up is an absolute cluster. Was originally a 4 game series 2 home and away. Then there was some movement of the games and the current set up can't possibley be accurate.

Cuse played At Uconn in 2022
Next year is currently listed at UConn in 24
Then Cuse is home in 25 and 26
Then Back to Uconn for 27.

SU certainly didn't agree to a 3 for 2 series so something is up or were missing another game somewhere. Moving the 24 game to Cuse seems unlikely as SU can't move either of the 25 or 26 matchups from the Dome and I find it unlikely even Uconn is gonna play at Syracuse 3 straight years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom