2024 Seating Changes | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

So if the timeline holds, I promise to renew in Jan. without details of location or my standing. In June, I will be placed in queue with every other interested party, old and new, to select seats like a Pink concert? With the platinum club getting first dibs, and so on down the line of donors. Which will be ranked and stacked by dollar value and point multiplier/divisor based upon something about longevity, only not really because they weren't counting in 1986 when I started buying. So if Adam from Skaneateles donates even 1.00 more than me, he will get preference?

My wife has mobility issues. I’ve had the current seats for about ten years. Seasons for 28. I’ve waited patiently for these seats to come open. If I lose then because some noob jackwagon moves up in doner rank, I’ll be livid
Yup. And I would be reaching out to the seat team now about it for special requests.

The fact that its coming in Jan and no one has reached out at all is disconcerting to many.

I mean think about fb STH. we have how many unique people to contact 5-10k?

Its a huge deal. Maybe they think 5% will be pissed and to deal with that after is easier than dealing with everyone up front?

Whose your rep?

If you are having a hard time with your rep, get a hold of Troy Pakusch who is their boss

He is absolutely great and will help
I’m not going to,out him on this board. Text me this Troy guys direct number please

So if the timeline holds, I promise to renew in Jan. without details of location or my standing. In June, I will be placed in queue with every other interested party, old and new, to select seats like a Pink concert? With the platinum club getting first dibs, and so on down the line of donors. Which will be ranked and stacked by dollar value and point multiplier/divisor based upon something about longevity, only not really because they weren't counting in 1986 when I started buying. So if Adam from Skaneateles donates even 1.00 more than me, he will get preference?

Only if adam has had season tickets as long as you have had would his $1 beat you.

But other than that, basically yes

Only if adam has had season tickets as long as you have had would his $1 beat you.

But other than that, basically yes
I appreciate all of the info, it's helpful to get an understanding of what is going to happen. We have 3 seats in the front row on the 2nd level and given that it's an odd number I'm doubtful we'll be able to retain them. I will remain hopeful though.

I appreciate all of the info, it's helpful to get an understanding of what is going to happen. We have 3 seats in the front row on the 2nd level and given that it's an odd number I'm doubtful we'll be able to retain them. I will remain hopeful though.
But you should benefit a little and be given ability to "bid up" if you choose. This is a poor PSL attempt imho

The seat selection process in June will be based on how much money you have donated between Oct 1, 2023 and May 1, 2024. The amount you donate will determine which donor level you are such as ACC champion, all American, all conference etc. Then within the level, you will be ranked based upon how much you donated but also your priority points. Long time donors will get “bonus points” added onto your priority points.

So yes, you could have donated $2,500 a year (all American) for the past 20 years including this year and some Joe Schmo can come along and donate $5,000 (ACC champion) between those dates and he/she will pick seats before you.

Have fun.

Is longevity a factor in donor rank at all? We've had seasons for over 20 years, im not the account holder though so cant see our rank. I know donating is the main factor, but do the years count for anything? And how much does ir count from what y'all can tell?
Lifetime giving is a factor in the way current donor rank is calculated. However if you have only been a season ticket holder with no donation beyond your seats, only prefered seats had a donation component until a couple of years ago. From what I have been told there will be bonus points given for longevity,

It's important to understand that there are two sort criteria for Donor Rank. The first is current year giving level or Priority Grouping. Based on total donations for the year you are placed in one of nine levels with defined value thresholds. This is based on the donation portion of your men's basketball and football tickets plus and additional donations to the general CAF fund. For some odd reason donations to specific sports are NOT considered here. It is important to know what grouping you are targeted to reach. For some donors who are close to the next threshold a small additional donation can bump you up a level and potentially increase your donor rank by hundreds of slots or more.
1701890643403.png

The second level is Priority Points. Priority Points are awarded on a weighted basis for current year donations to Athletics (Oddly enough donations to specific sports DO COUNT here), for lifetime giving to Athletics, for lifetime giving to the University, and for Legends Society donations. The current plan to my understanding is to award additional points here based on the number of years you have held season tickets with a cap of 20 years (?) Priority points sort donors WITHIN their Priority Grouping. An increase in Priority Points will not enable you to move up a level unless the associated donation causes your current year giving to surpass one of the thresholds above.

Personally I disagreed with using the Priority Grouping for a one time renewable benefit like seat location. Essentially a one time supplemental donation can enable someone to jump the line with a few extra hundred or thousand dollars this year, then reduce their support to just the ticket costs in future years and hold on to their upgraded seats. I lobbied for using Priority Points only. This still would give a greater weighting to current year, but would remove the somewhat arbitrary thresholds that only impact a snapshot in time and have not bearring on previous or future support.

Last edited:
The seat selection process in June will be based on how much money you have donated between Oct 1, 2023 and May 1, 2024. The amount you donate will determine which donor level you are such as ACC champion, all American, all conference etc. Then within the level, you will be ranked based upon how much you donated but also your priority points. Long time donors will get “bonus points” added onto your priority points.

So yes, you could have donated $2,500 a year (all American) for the past 20 years including this year and some Joe Schmo can come along and donate $5,000 (ACC champion) between those dates and he/she will pick seats before you.

Have fun.

Bees nails it

Lifetime giving is a factor in the way current donor rank is calculated. However if you have only been a season ticket holder with no donation beyond your seats, only prefered seats had a donation component until a couple of years ago. From what I have been told there will be bonus points given for longevity,

It's important to understand that there are two sort criteria for Donor Rank. The first is current year giving level or Priority Grouping. Based on total donations for the year you are placed in one of nine levels with defined value thresholds. This is based on the donation portion of your men's basketball and football tickets plus and additional donations to the general CAF fund. For some odd reason donations to specific sports are NOT considered here. It is important to know what grouping you are targeted to reach. For some donors who are close to the next threshold a small additional donation can bump you up a level and potentially increase your donor rank by hundreds of slots or more.
View attachment 234540

The second level is Priority Points. Priority Points are awarded on a weighted basis for current year donations to Athletics (Oddly enough donations to specific sports DO COUNT here), for lifetime giving to Athletics, for lifetime giving to the University, and for Legends Society donations. The current plan to my understanding is to award additional points here based on the number of years you have held season tickets with a cap of 20 years (?) Priority points sort donors WITHIN theire Priority Grouping. An increase in Priority Points will not enable you to move up a level unless the associated donation causes your current year giving to surpass one of the thresholds above.

Personally I disagreed with using the Priority Grouping for a one time renewable benefit like seat location. Essentially a one time supplemental donation can enable someone to jump the line with a few extra hundred or thousand dollars this year, then reduce their support to just the ticket costs in future years and hold on to their upgraded seats. I lobbied for using Priority Points only. This still would give a greater weighting to current year, but would remove the somewhat arbitrary thresholds that only impact a snapshot in time and have not bearring on previous or future support.

And I agree with him on this, I think priority points only should have been used…

Attempts at getting them to use that have not been successful….

An extra $50 donation probably won’t get the job done

The issue that I think most of you are having is….

Your seats no longer exist. They are treating this as a brand new stadium. So you don’t technically have the rights to your seats any longer in their eyes

I don’t really agree with them on it, but that’s the reality of the situation
Actually if your current year's giving sits at $960, an extra $50 could have a huge impact by bumping you up a full level. That's the fallacy I see in the approach.

Actually if your current year's giving sits at $960, an extra $50 could have a huge impact by bumping you up a full level. That's the fallacy I see in the approach.

I guess you’re right in that aspect…

as an fyi if any of you are close to going up to the next level it likely will be worth spending the extra $$ to move up a level

Probably not a lot,but. So why can’t SU say you will be able to retain your seats? Plus with reduced capacity and the excitement over the new coach, there will be a big uptick in interest and season ticket sells. One long time poster even expects every game to be a sellout. I doubt it. But with this atmosphere, current likely want to improve their seating. We are all targets and who knows what will happen
Because roughly 7000 seats will no longer exist. I guess if you are in seat 18 and your row is being reduced to 14 seats, you could let the 14 existing reamin and tell those in seats 15 - 18 they are the only ones who are out of luck.

Exactly. And if you aren't going to do this every season, there's little financial upside in exchange for the customer relations hit

He’s useless
Then contact his boss. I can give you his contact information if you need it. He has already removed two reps for lack of customer empathy since taking over the job and would welcome any feedback - positive or negative.

Only if Adam's $1.00 pushes him past the grouping threshold you both are in.

This is a big process. The seat selections should be happening as early as possible. The fact that we haven't been able to see the seats or the new seating map already, is a bit concerning. The should have had model seats to try out at every game this year. If there is a big difference I rather be lower level than upper level.

Have fun.

It seems crazy to wait until June. This is a big process, why wait until the last minute? How do you even sell new season tickets when one will not know what is available until July?

They should have had model seats to try out at every game this year. Since it is too late for that now, they should do it at the Spring Game. Depending on how the seats feel one might want one section over another. Then seat selection should start the week after.

SU will be overwhelmed by all the questions if they wait until June. Do it in April so you have time to work out any kinks to the process. It also will allow people time to upgrade or downgrade. I feel like this won't all settle until 2025.

They usually have a big push during the spring game, is it possible it'll be ready for then? A good way of getting big crowd too.

Only if Adam's $1.00 pushes him past the grouping threshold you both are in.
So everyone within a group will be treated equally in the ticket purchase process despite the potential 5 figure difference in cash donation that does not break into the next higher? Compare a ACC Champ at 5k vs a Champ at 9k