2024 Seating Changes | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Couldn't be further from the truth. Love you like a brother but there have been ongoing discussions for over two years on this project because there is a sensitivity to how attached people are to seat location.
I'm sure the sensitivity is also centered around keeping the people as paying customers when they lose their seat.

So everyone within a group will be treated equally in the ticket purchase process despite the potential 5 figure difference in cash donation that does not break into the next higher? Compare a ACC Champ at 5k vs a Champ at 9k
An ACC Champ at 5k and an ACC Champ at 9k in current year donations are ranked according to Priority Points. If the 5K guy has accumulated more points due to a longer and more extensive lifetime giving profile the 5K guy is ranked higher than the 9K guy.

Well according to the word salad I received from my ticket rep…ya, maybe, likely, probably, and not sure. So there’s that
Me too. I didn't get any answers from my ticket rep at my lounge meeting. It was a waste of my time. I've had 4 seats for 20+ years and really disappointed with the lack of communication to STH for this whole process. I did what they asked, meet with our Rep, and I didn't get any further information. Just a lot of "should be good" "most likely". In this day and age it amazes me the lack of communication skills with our athletic department. It so frustrating.

I know for sure there are a number of schools who have reseated over recent years based on a "what have you done for me lately?" basis so to speak (Mizzou, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa locally among others) and longtime loyal fans were definitely outraged. It sucks. I'm not going to pretend it doesn't. But unfortunately, that seems to be the trend.

I know for sure there are a number of schools who have reseated over recent years based on a "what have you done for me lately?" basis so to speak (Mizzou, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa locally among others) and longtime loyal fans were definitely outraged. It sucks. I'm not going to pretend it doesn't. But unfortunately, that seems to be the trend.

I suppose it would depend if it's a buyers or sellers market.

I’m hoping we don’t lose our aisle seats. Once I put down the deposit or pay up front (which I usually do) we will get credit for being third year STH. My level is low at Varsity but it’s not horrible within that level.

Side note, does anyone know at what age a child needs to start sitting in their own seat? We’re thinking about maybe getting a third seat just in case and selling the tickets for the extra seat til the time comes.

I’m hoping we don’t lose our aisle seats. Once I put down the deposit or pay up front (which I usually do) we will get credit for being third year STH. My level is low at Varsity but it’s not horrible within that level.

Side note, does anyone know at what age a child needs to start sitting in their own seat? We’re thinking about maybe getting a third seat just in case and selling the tickets for the extra seat til the time comes.

When we have an infant in the 90's they said he had to have a seat.

Syracuse is about the only place in the sporting world that requires you to get a ticket for anyone over the age of 1

I guess I thought that the whole "donor rank and priority point ranking" for reseating applied only to existing season ticket holders. In other words, they were going to prioritize all the people who held seats in 2023 and let them pick new seats, and only after that process was complete would they allow new season ticket holders buying for the first time to pick seat locations. Based on what I'm reading here, I think I may be wrong about that.

So, if someone who's never had tickets before plunks down a $5k donation to get a higher priority ranking than me, then they get to pick brand new seats before I get to select my relocated seats, even after 18 years of me being a season ticket holder? Do I have that right?

I guess I thought that the whole "donor rank and priority point ranking" for reseating applied only to existing season ticket holders. In other words, they were going to prioritize all the people who held seats in 2023 and let them pick new seats, and only after that process was complete would they allow new season ticket holders buying for the first time to pick seat locations. Based on what I'm reading here, I think I may be wrong about that.

So, if someone who's never had tickets before plunks down a $5k donation to get a higher priority ranking than me, then they get to pick brand new seats before I get to select my relocated seats, even after 18 years of me being a season ticket holder? Do I have that right?
Yes

Not a popular opinion with many, but I'm not subsidizing the university business model to compete in D1. They are an entertainment expenditure to me. By all means, reallocate seats and raise prices as high as is needed to get the return needed and the money to pay our now professional athletes. This process still feels like a shakedown.

Yes

Not a popular opinion with many, but I'm not subsidizing the university business model to compete in D1. They are an entertainment expenditure to me. By all means, reallocate seats and raise prices as high as is needed to get the return needed and the money to pay our now professional athletes. This process still feels like a shakedown.
I don’t necessarily totally agree but I more than understand your argument. At the very least there needs to be transparency as the bare minimum; I don’t make a habit of investing in things I neither understand nor can see where the money went.

At the same time, we need to be competitive. The entire thing is a big ripoff for fans though, while the tv broadcasters rake it in.

Something needs to change.

Last edited:
if you look at you donor ranking you can probably see there are only a few thousand seats at the higher ranges anyway.. like 80% of the people are in the bottom 3 groups or more.

Many of the higher people are BBall and some will be both.

Plus, after this season they will be able to retain those seats without any further donation in future seasons. A one year shakedown.

Over the last 28 years I know I’ve spent a he// of a lot more than 5k on Syracuse football

With all due respect unequivocally, anyone is entitled to their own opinion and what they choose to do with their money, however Syracuse University despite being in the Atlantic coast conference is still a private school with significant monetary challenges. In addition to that compare our endowment with that of Ivy league schools. By the way endowment is never used to fund athletic programs, Can certainly be used as leverage to obtain financing for other endeavors however. Lastly, the seasons tickets for Syracuse University football I believe are the cheapest in all of the power 5 conferences, or somewhere close. I ask for anyone to support this program in any way possible, seasons tickets, NIL, as the objectives of the athletic department are certainly tremendously beneficial in so many ways, particularly students as well as the community ×1000. Go orange

30 seats per row, this is a pic of section 246 in the endzone
section 246.jpg

The interesting thing to see is how full was the lower bowl to start with the last few years. 60-70-80-90% of full season tickets? Once you deal with that then move on to the rest since thats the big money tickets for the most part.

The 200 level is probably a different deal, less places to move people.

the 300 level is a mish mash of full seasons and partial seasons and on timers.. My section was probably 25% of full season ticket holders, the few rows around me never had the same people in them and were empty almost every game and have been that way for years.

If they raise rates and lose 10% of the old STH that would be great to help the re-allocation process. Some are tied to location more than others here.

But if demand goes up a bit which it might, then supply goes down they wont care if a few leave.

But again as we know Basketball is the bigger deal, much less wiggle room down low to move people. Raising those prices to get some to leave is probably a good thing to help the process.

I've hit the point where I'll wait and see how this shakes out. If I can get tickets I'm interested in, I'll buy. If I got bumped out of my area by one year wonders, I won't. And if I get bumped out, my annual donation amount -and I've been donating for 30 years - will be dropping as well. Likely to zero. I don't expect to be missed if that happens, but will at least feel like I didn't allow myself to be taken advantage of.

I've hit the point where I'll wait and see how this shakes out. If I can get tickets I'm interested in, I'll buy. If I got bumped out of my area by one year wonders, I won't. And if I get bumped out, my annual donation amount -and I've been donating for 30 years - will be dropping as well. Likely to zero. I don't expect to be missed if that happens, but will at least feel like I didn't allow myself to be taken advantage of.

All these things you guys are saying in here would be really great if you told your account reps

If no one says anything, they just assume everyone is okay with it

If they assume everyone is okay with it, they can’t do anything to adjust what they are doing until it’s too late

Anyway, voice your thoughts to your account reps, donation reps etc

For what it is worth I was told all three levels seats are being expanded 2 inches. Upper bowl gets back but no arm rests. Lower and mid get armrests and some in the 100 level are a higher quality seat. This is from my STH rep.

For what it is worth I was told all three levels seats are being expanded 2 inches. Upper bowl gets back but no arm rests. Lower and mid get armrests and some in the 100 level are a higher quality seat. This is from my STH rep.

It has been announced that the seats will be at 18" in the 300 level, and 20" in the 200 and 100 levels. I think there is going to be a lot of griping about how tight those are going to feel. The current bench allocation is 18" per seat, but I assume lots of spreading out has been occurring (why the Dome feels full with only 38k-40k).

Better cut carbs, hit those planks, and skip leg day.

It has been announced that the seats will be at 18" in the 300 level, and 20" in the 200 and 100 levels. I think there is going to be a lot of griping about how tight those are going to feel. The current bench allocation is 18" per seat, but I assume lots of spreading out has been occurring (why the Dome feels full with only 38k-40k).

Better cut carbs, hit those planks, and skip leg day.

Yes this is the correct info……

The upper level seats are staying the same size……

Also there will be no cup holders