2024 Seating Changes | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

This donation was made a month ago. They did 2 updates that did not include it, and they confirm they have it. Welcome to the 1800s.

I think we can take Harvard and Yale this year...

Alandt-Request-Football-Teams-1-3.jpg

It is puzzling that in 2024 they don't have systems that can actually talk to each other. Even systems that don't talk how hard is it to set up an integration that runs at least nightly.

I guess being a one off they didn't want to waste the effort, but you almost think the amount of time spent on dealing with questions would be more cost than building a pretty simple update routine.

Then add in a couple false starts because the spread sheets were wrong.

It is puzzling that in 2024 they don't have systems that can actually talk to each other. Even systems that don't talk how hard is it to set up an integration that runs at least nightly.

I guess being a one off they didn't want to waste the effort, but you almost think the amount of time spent on dealing with questions would be more cost than building a pretty simple update routine.

Well, SU does seem to have a habit of false starts in the pat "few" years. I'm leaning towards ACC refs being in charge of this whole donation thing.

The last two updates were 4-12 and 4-26, correct? So my guess is 5-10 for the next.

Obviously this is a manual process. Which opens up the possibility for human error. SU is playing with fire by leaving little time for adjustments.

Systems? They don't have schools that actually talk to each other. It is the most siloed environment I have ever seen. I don't know how they get anything done.

It has nothing to do with the school and everything to do with TM. It's a hard system to integrate with.

It has nothing to do with the school and everything to do with TM. It's a hard system to integrate with.
I have an Android...just to view my Donor Rank:

I have to first disable my VPN or I get a Ticketmaster screen of death

Click on my Cuse app I loaded up through "Play Store"

Click on "Let's Get Started"

Click on "Done"

Click on "Skip"

Click on the far lower right Ellipsis (...)

Scroll down to "Cuse Athletics Fund" and Click on it

Click on top "My Cuse Log in"

My password is preloaded and it does the swirling sign in

Now click on top "the little round person icon" to log in again

My Ticketmaster log in pops up

Load up email and TM Password

If all goes well I'm fully in

Now click on upper left "three bar" icon

Click on "Cuse Athletics Fund"

Click on drop down "My Donor Rank"

Scroll down to see incorrect Donor Rank

I have an Android...just to view my Donor Rank:

I have to first disable my VPN or I get a Ticketmaster screen of death

Click on my Cuse app I loaded up through "Play Store"

Click on "Let's Get Started"

Click on "Done"

Click on "Skip"

Click on the far lower right Ellipsis (...)

Scroll down to "Cuse Athletics Fund" and Click on it

Click on top "My Cuse Log in"

My password is preloaded and it does the swirling sign in

Now click on top "the little round person icon" to log in again

My Ticketmaster log in pops up

Load up email and TM Password

If all goes well I'm fully in

Now click on upper left "three bar" icon

Click on "Cuse Athletics Fund"

Click on drop down "My Donor Rank"

Scroll down to see incorrect Donor Rank
And, although I do mine a little differently, I've done it so many times in the last month that I can do it in my sleep. But, for the uninitiated, to access your donor rank, it's a major challenge. And, if you are at all technically challenged, you will have a better chance finding the crew roster and schedule than to find your actual donor rank.

On a side note, I found there were two different accesses to the donor rank. One had my old ranking from 1/28/24 and one a more current rank. Now, they are the same, so it's a lot easier to access. I don't need to find the "secret" portal.

I think SU has done (for the most part) a pretty good job wih the re-seating all things considered and with all the moving parts but the fact that were essentially a day and a half away (business days) from selection beginning and teh rankings are still not updated is absurd. SU should have pushed the selection day back to late May if needed to garner more time. This is gonna end badly for SU if there are a number of errors when the rankings are finally updated, they should have given themselves more time after the deadline.

I think SU has done (for the most part) a pretty good job wih the re-seating all things considered and with all the moving parts but the fact that were essentially a day and a half away (business days) from selection beginning and teh rankings are still not updated is absurd. SU should have pushed the selection day back to late May if needed to garner more time. This is gonna end badly for SU if there are a number of errors when the rankings are finally updated, they should have given themselves more time after the deadline.

Or, SU should have made the deadline for renewals and donations earlier in April.

Maybe but that is Syracuse's issue and they need to push TM to get things right.

If the seat selection process starts next week, how are people supposed to pick their new seats when they haven't been installed yet? Is this supposed to be an approximation?

Feel free to move this to the 2024 seating thread.

Or, SU should have made the deadline for renewals and donations earlier in April.

I think May 1st was fine but giving themselves only essentially a week plus in business days to get everything together made no sense. Could have easily pushed it back another week + to ensure the rankings are correct. I know Memorial Day throws a wrench in there a bit, but do the Friday before or Monday after. Hell even doing it the 20th would have given them another week to hammer everything out and they could have started at some point that week say Wed teh 22nd to give themselves a few extra days.

If the seat selection process starts next week, how are people supposed to pick their new seats when they haven't been installed yet? Is this supposed to be an approximation?

Feel free to move this to the 2024 seating thread.
It doesn’t matter, as they know the new seating chart is set. They have already sold Pink tickets using the new chart.

I think its interesting that in a huge seat exchange like this they dont even make it easy for someone to have a good idea of what the seat they move to will even feel like.

Say you have huge pts and great donor rank and decide to move someplace in the dome that you have never sat in. You are basically doing it blind at this point.

Even this weekend with a LAX game the 200-300s will be closed so you couldn't move around and make an informed decision on what the view from a new seat would be.

The virtual seat engine gives some idea of the seat view but even then they left out seats since they start in row 3 for some reason in the sections you can choose. I also wonder if the virtual seat is reflective of what its like when sitting down or standing up in those seats?

Lol I promise you "pushing TM" is not that easy
If it is a well negotiated contract, it should be. I have negotiated deals including support for 25 years. It's not or should not be difficult.

I think May 1st was fine but giving themselves only essentially a week plus in business days to get everything together made no sense. Could have easily pushed it back another week + to ensure the rankings are correct. I know Memorial Day throws a wrench in there a bit, but do the Friday before or Monday after. Hell even doing it the 20th would have given them another week to hammer everything out and they could have started at some point that week say Wed teh 22nd to give themselves a few extra days.
I imagine the reason is that they have allocated roughly 6 weeks for football seat selection and will start basketball immediately after that. Can understand if they did not want to do the two concurrently but it frankly may have been a better approach.
And I am sure they want to get this process behind them as quickly as possible so ticket reps can focus on their day job of selling tickets.

Frankly the easiest approach would have been just to rely on the system as it was and just treated the new configuration as a completely new facility. Feedback on that approach would have been extremely negative and, in an effort to be responsive, they have made at least six tweaks apparently without the programming resources to support them without relying on a highly manual approach. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenario, but it will all be over soon and my sense is, at least for football, everything will work out with a reasonably satisfactory outcome for all.

Lol I promise you "pushing TM" is not that easy
Yeah.. But there is no reason the data to display donor rank had to go thru TM, You could have updated the info and sent out emails that were more accurate than this

I imagine the reason is that they have allocated roughly 6 weeks for football seat selection and will start basketball immediately after that. Can understand if they did not want to do the two concurrently but it frankly may have been a better approach.
And I am sure they want to get this process behind them as quickly as possible so ticket reps can focus on their day job of selling tickets.

Frankly the easiest approach would have been just to rely on the system as it was and just treated the new configuration as a completely new facility. Feedback on that approach would have been extremely negative and, in an effort to be responsive, they have made at least six tweaks apparently without the programming resources to support them without relying on a highly manual approach. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenario, but it will all be over soon and my sense is, at least for football, everything will work out with a reasonably satisfactory outcome for all.

Ya I get bball is a whole other animal (less people but more demand for premium seats) but the earliest bball game of any consequence is what November? That could easily have been pushed out to July or even early August or as you noted fun both concurrently in early or mid June. Even then football season is still a month and a half away, plenty of times to get the reps back to their normal positions.

Yeah.. But there is no reason the data to display donor rank had to go thru TM, You could have updated the info and sent out emails that were more accurate than this
I think they tried their best to make it a system that was as "live" as possible, where an email wouldn't have sufficed.

However, you'd also be very surprised with how many people don't read their emails either.

I think what they've done is the best way to do it.

But Jeremy has a good point. I assume they had some idea that using TM for donations was going to be a bit of a hassle, so they didn't really leave themselves much time.

On one hand, I can say who cares, we'll probably all sit where we want anyway. But on the other hand, SU pushed this process hard and encouraged people to make donations to improve their spot. Which I get, because donations are necessary and this was a good time for this kind of campaign.

But telling people that donation provides you a better ranking and not being able to tell people what the ranking is 16 days after their donation is way less than ideal. And that's 4 days from the final email telling people where they stand. I expect them to meet the deadline, but probably with more stress than they intended.

But telling people that donation provides you a better ranking and not being able to tell people what the ranking is 16 days after their donation is way less than ideal. And that's 4 days from the final email telling people where they stand. I expect them to meet the deadline, but probably with more stress than they intended.
What bothered me about that whole approach is making the extra donation to move you up is a zero sum game. The more spots you move up, the more loyal fans you push down. And encouraging that for a one-time donation of a few hundred bucks with no obligation to continue to support at that level runs the risk of alienating a fan who has been supporting the program for a much longer period of time at a much higher aggregate level.
The first rule of Cuse Club should always be to protect the base.

What bothered me about that whole approach is making the extra donation to move you up is a zero sum game. The more spots you move up, the more loyal fans you push down. And encouraging that for a one-time donation of a few hundred bucks with no obligation to continue to support at that level runs the risk of alienating a fan who has been supporting the program for a much longer period of time at a much higher aggregate level.
The first rule of Cuse Club should always be to protect the base.

That's true, but, as my boss often says...

a210c512-ca39-4453-94df-b266097928a8_text.gif