2024 Seating Changes | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

I logged into Ticketmaster to set a reminder for the P!nk presale tickets, they have this image posted for a seating chart for the event. Since there aren't any seats shown I'm not sure if this is a placeholder image or the real deal of the sections renumbering

JMA Dome.jpg

I logged into Ticketmaster to set a reminder for the P!nk presale tickets, they have this image posted for a seating chart for the event. Since there aren't any seats shown I'm not sure if this is a placeholder image or the real deal of the sections renumbering

View attachment 234531

The 50 yard line used to run right through the middle of 101 and 301.

Now it looks like the 50 runs right between 101-130 and 301-336.

My old seats in 336 are now in 335.

syracuse-football-seating-chart-at-carrier-dome.jpg

The 50 yard line used to run right through the middle of 101 and 301.

Now it looks like the 50 runs right between 101-130 and 301-336.

My old seats in 336 are now in 335.

syracuse-football-seating-chart-at-carrier-dome.jpg
seeing the old image is helpful, I had everything reversed in my brain looking at the ticketmaster image

We're at 243 and curious if they are bumping over that suit?

At tonights basketball game I was talking to a lady that I have sat near for the past 32 football seasons.

She does not understand why we don’t have the right to select/reserve the seats we have had for 30+ years since we have been loyal fans of football through the good and mostly bad years.

I agree that the long time season ticket holders should not lose their seats to a person who decides to donate money for one year because they like Fran Brown.

I hope the Athletic Department looks at the list of fans that have renewed their football tickets since 1990 and gives them first dibs on their current seats. The section & numbers will change but not the location.

Unfortunately CAF and the athletic department have already made their decision on this….

They have told me that not a lot of people have complained since they sent out the email….

I encourage people to get ahold of your account reps etc

Unfortunately CAF and the athletic department have already made their decision on this….

They have told me that not a lot of people have complained since they sent out the email….

Yea, I suspect folks didn't take up the offer to go to the lounge and figure out what was happening. The big donors will get their first pick. After that it'll be up to longevity and donations. Folks in our section were viewing it as an opportunity to sit somewhere else and enjoy another vantage point. I get change is hard but we have great seats everywhere. This effort here will be way less painful than any other stadium in my opinion (at least for football). Basketball will be different.

Yea, I suspect folks didn't take up the offer to go to the lounge and figure out what was happening. The big donors will get their first pick. After that it'll be up to longevity and donations. Folks in our section were viewing it as an opportunity to sit somewhere else and enjoy another vantage point. I get change is hard but we have great seats everywhere. This effort here will be way less painful than any other stadium in my opinion (at least for football). Basketball will be different.

Basketball will be rough

Football will be much easier…,

I never got a chance to go to the lounge.. But then where I sit there were only other people in my row for 2 games.. I think they gave us extra large new seats to fill in the gaps up there.

The new seats will make the row hopping crowd more of an issue though.

getting rid of the split sections will save time. The amount of wasted energy folks had trying to figure out which side they went to because of 101 vs. 1 seat numbers was annoying. Way better.

By the looks of the map I think it is worse. I think having each tunnel be one section is better than each section having 2 tunnels. Pretty easy to put above the tunnel a sign pointing to the left saying seats 1-16 and then to the right saying seats 17-32. The new way someone will be asking is this section 101 or 102. Then when they have seat 22 they need 21 people to let them by vs the old way having 5 people.

getting rid of the split sections will save time. The amount of wasted energy folks had trying to figure out which side they went to because of 101 vs. 1 seat numbers was annoying. Way better.

1 vs 101 made perfect sense.

Now if you have seat 14, you have to guess which aisle gets you closer.

At tonights basketball game I was talking to a lady that I have sat near for the past 32 football seasons.

She does not understand why we don’t have the right to select/reserve the seats we have had for 30+ years since we have been loyal fans of football through the good and mostly bad years.

I agree that the long time season ticket holders should not lose their seats to a person who decides to donate money for one year because they like Fran Brown.

I hope the Athletic Department looks at the list of fans that have renewed their football tickets since 1990 and gives them first dibs on their current seats. The section & numbers will change but not the location.
I’ve had seasons for 28 years. Seen some good, and a lot of bad football. I’ll be pissed if I lose my seats

when was an email sent about any seating changes? Our account owner didn't receive any email or he would have forwarded to the rest of us.

If my section is split up my enjoyment of and excitement for games will decrease greatly. It's been over a decade with a good number of the same random people. Has become a huge part of why I love going to games.
Truth. My group was split up two years ago to install ADA seating. That's why I have decided to give up my seats (among other reasons).

when was an email sent about any seating changes? Our account owner didn't receive any email or he would have forwarded to the rest of us.

It was sent out on 10/6/2023 to all current season ticket holders

The subject was “2024 JMA Dome Project Update - Seat Selection Process Announced”

It was sent out on 10/6/2023 to all current season ticket holders

The subject was “2024 JMA Dome Project Update - Seat Selection Process Announced”
I just sent that info to our account holder, maybe it went to his spam but that seems unlikely

also, he sent me this link that has more info. It may have already been posted here somewhere but it's the first I've seen it

Edit: no email was received about the seating update in October. We also didn't get the email for the comped ticket opportunity due to the game played at Yankee Stadium

Last edited:
SO i think even existing season ticket holders still need to put a deposit down?

I just sent that info to our account holder, maybe it went to his spam but that seems unlikely

also, he sent me this link that has more info. It may have already been posted here somewhere but it's the first I've seen it

Yes that link is the email that they have sent out

SO i think even existing season ticket holders still need to put a deposit down?
i dont get that impression? I see that new ticket holders might want to put a deposit in to get ahead of the selection process. if you do things before may you can get to improve your donor rank.

But really anyone in the upperdeck isnt going to see a huge change in location. Those in the lower bowl may see a move of a section or multiple rows . so maybe 10 yds sideways or 20-30 ft higher?

In my section if they took out 10 people per row I dont think we would move.