2024 Seating Changes | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

this photo is darn close to what we have and the seats we‘re getting. We’re not designing a spaceship here, we’re talking about integrating something to hold a soda can.

aren’t people tired of always hearing how we can’t do something rather than figuring out how we can.

View attachment 236740
Maybe they can retrofit. The 100s should have them. The 300s might be size constraint

The ultra super premium seats down low on home side 50 and maybe even the Club 44 section in the end zone: I wouldn't be surprised if they have cupholders.
Probably. I know they will get seats that are wider and more padded than anyone else in the building.

Because the fat cats really are fat.

Maybe they can retrofit. The 100s should have them. The 300s might be size constraint

Baltimore Arena had a reno also, no cup holders in the lower bowl from what I can remember. It's pretty cramped too...

this photo is darn close to what we have and the seats we‘re getting. We’re not designing a spaceship here, we’re talking about integrating something to hold a soda can.

aren’t people tired of always hearing how we can’t do something rather than figuring out how we can.

View attachment 236740
That pic shows an extra step in between each row compared to the Dome.

The best thing for the fans long term would have been after 2023 graduation shutting down the Dome until 2024 graduation.

But where do you play BBall? And SU would have to give up a lot of revenue for 2023-24 seasons. Coming after the 2020-21 fanless Covid season is rough financially.

Given the roughly 10 week turn around time SU is giving us the best it can.

Don’t they? Oh ye of little faith.
Based on my conversation with reps at the dome today they really don’t have a great system here. We have a relatively small group trying to stay together but the giving level varies greatly with one person in the last group to pick. We were basically told pick seats when your time comes up and make sure they’re in an area with high inventory, then when the next up goes, you can move closer to them if there aren’t seats right near you… you can move as many times as you need to or just keep your original and your friends may just be a few rows away.

We’re thinking about getting a third seat for extra room and to put our coats and bag on etc. Though I’m not sure if having three seats vs two will greatly impact our options for choosing where the seats will be; figure that three seats will have less options than two.

Decisions decisions.

Alumni who were valued as students should create the ultimate lifetime value. (This is from a townie who’s a huge fan. )
Let’s be real here, what percent of SU students are from here and stay within a 2-3 mile radius? Most are from big cities and will only return to the dome once a year, if that, or will attend road games

Let’s be real here, what percent of SU students are from here and stay within a 2-3 mile radius? Most are from big cities and will only return to the dome once a year, if that, or will attend road games
More than you would think actually. Im friends with 7 SU Alumni who were raised in Liverpool,Bville,C Square, CNS areas and all stayed.

Based on my conversation with reps at the dome today they really don’t have a great system here. We have a relatively small group trying to stay together but the giving level varies greatly with one person in the last group to pick. We were basically told pick seats when your time comes up and make sure they’re in an area with high inventory, then when the next up goes, you can move closer to them if there aren’t seats right near you… you can move as many times as you need to or just keep your original and your friends may just be a few rows away.

This terrifies me

Key message I feel I can give in an open forum is that these concerns are being heard and that the process continues to be tweaked at the highest levels because of those concerns.
Department is sensitive to protect the base and is trying to dispel the impression that they only care about grabbing as much money as they can right now. Expect you will hear more information shortly.

Still, the net is that there will be a lower inventory - a fairly significant amount in the lower bowl, and lower bowl basketball seasons would likely be oversold in many sections. There has to be some flexibility on both sides of the transaction for an equitable outcome.

What if the highest ranked person in the group bought all the tickets?

Is that a possibility?

Well I'm from 4 hours away in way upstate NY and I make every home game! But to your point, totally correct, not one person I graduated with from my friend group from SU comes back to a game more than once every other year. But we've also had season tix since I was 8, so SU is more than just an alma mater to me. We just dont have the type of alumni base like the land grant state schools do where virtually every grad lives within shouting distance to go to every game. That has long been an issue and why we NEED local support like no other school to fill the dome.

Is that a possibility?
Don’t make any decisions or strategize based on what you know now. This is still a fluid situation and with four full months before football seat selection begins things may very well change.
My advice is that you renew at your current level and sit tight. If at the end of the day you are not satisfied and ask for a refund you will likely be accommodated

Don’t make any decisions or strategize based on what you know now. This is still a fluid situation and with four full months before football seat selection begins things may very well change.
My advice is that you renew at your current level and sit tight. If at the end of the day you are not satisfied and ask for a refund you will likely be accommodated
Bingo. Correct advice. The reason for the renewal now is so you can start paying and have it contribute to your ranking. The school also finds out who is likely to renew and sets up the system for the spring. They’re not going to keep money if someone is unhappy with the choices.

Man that Wimpy/Ziggy’s wagon was dangerous, especially when I was living at DellPlain. I had no idea such nefarious activities were going on there, but they made a mean burger when I was three sheets to the wind.
LOL...I had no idea about the drugs either. I loved the egg rolls...

Key message I feel I can give in an open forum is that these concerns are being heard and that the process continues to be tweaked at the highest levels because of those concerns.
Department is sensitive to protect the base and is trying to dispel the impression that they only care about grabbing as much money as they can right now. Expect you will hear more information shortly.

Still, the net is that there will be a lower inventory - a fairly significant amount in the lower bowl, and lower bowl basketball seasons would likely be oversold in many sections. There has to be some flexibility on both sides of the transaction for an equitable outcome.
To quote the late, great Don Ohlmeyer from NBC Sports, “The answer to all your questions is money.”

And it will be in this situation.

Last edited:
Well I'm from 4 hours away in way upstate NY and I make every home game! But to your point, totally correct, not one person I graduated with from my friend group from SU comes back to a game more than once every other year. But we've also had season tix since I was 8, so SU is more than just an alma mater to me. We just dont have the type of alumni base like the land grant state schools do where virtually every grad lives within shouting distance to go to every game. That has long been an issue and why we NEED local support like no other school to fill the dome.
We need more fans like you

Is that a possibility?
I think some will do that but parking passes might be an issue for most.

Say you have 3 groups of two who all want to sit together in the reseating

Old way you can easily buy 3 parking passes

New group purchase method you can only buy 2 parking passes.

Which still begs the question on how all of this will open up? I cant see one at a time with small windows.
They must plan on groups of people choosing but then again big booster is gonna want first choice.

Priority pts may matter as well if they every fix that

Bingo. Correct advice. The reason for the renewal now is so you can start paying and have it contribute to your ranking. The school also finds out who is likely to renew and sets up the system for the spring. They’re not going to keep money if someone is unhappy with the choices.
how do you renew now? How do you add more seats now?

Freaking AWESOME. Now I have to leave the section that I have been sitting in with the same people since I was in elementary school.

I am so pissed off right now. Maybe it is silly of me to be mad but this really sucks. I loooooooved sitting in section 328. Fkkkkk this. I'm so pissed off.
Nothing stays the same in life! You must have more important things to fret over in your life than this.