2024 Seating Changes | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Nothing stays the same in life! You must have more important things to fret over in your life than this.
We are posting on a message board dedicated to Syracuse Athletics lmao this place exists to fret over things that are inconsequential in the grand scheme. Worry about yourself.

We need more fans like you
Preesh. Your epic tailgates deserve mad props too Mark! You are a legend sir. I made 2 additional rabid die hards in this world with my 16 year old twin boys. As my grandfather and father (also both su alums), did with me. It's a great family time passion. I get to spend a lot of time with my guys, and, they load all the tailgating stuff for me now:)

We’re thinking about getting a third seat for extra room and to put our coats and bag on etc. Though I’m not sure if having three seats vs two will greatly impact our options for choosing where the seats will be; figure that three seats will have less options than two.

Decisions decisions.
Hmmm. And, an extra seat for another future SU diehard...:)

Nothwestern lowering capacity too, down to 35,000 from 47,000+. It'll have one of lowest capacities in P4. We'll have more with 42,500. I think BC's Alumni Stadium has about the same capacity as our new capacity.

Big difference though. They had one crowd last year over 35k and their 2nd largest crowd was 25,064. In 2022 they only had 2 crowds over 25k and one was still under 35k. Their 2021 attendance was a bit better but only one game was over 35k. So their new capacity will still be well above the number of fans they have. The impact won't be felt as much as it will here.

We’re thinking about getting a third seat for extra room and to put our coats and bag on etc. Though I’m not sure if having three seats vs two will greatly impact our options for choosing where the seats will be; figure that three seats will have less options than two.

Decisions decisions.
Rich person problems.

Big difference though. They had one crowd last year over 35k and their 2nd largest crowd was 25,064. In 2022 they only had 2 crowds over 25k and one was still under 35k. Their 2021 attendance was a bit better but only one game was over 35k. So their new capacity will still be well above the number of fans they have. The impact won't be felt as much as it will here.
one thing that seats do is show the empty sections because people cant spread around like on benches..

Going with blue seats helps mitigate that though.

Let me see if I have this correct ( I have seats in the corner upper deck but 4 rows up and on the aisle). Feb 1st I can send in my renewal . Sometime in May they will contact me about seat selection … is that correct ?

Let me see if I have this correct ( I have seats in the corner upper deck but 4 rows up and on the aisle). Feb 1st I can send in my renewal . Sometime in May they will contact me about seat selection … is that correct ?
Yes. That is exactly right. Feb 1 you can pay. May 1 is deadline for any payments you want to be applied to your donor rank for seat selection. May 13 everyone will be contacted to let us know when we select seats. That process starts May 21 for the highest point priority ppl. Everyone's exact timeslot depends on your donor ranking. Ppl with lower donor rank and points won't be picking until probly mid to end of June, after the higher donor rank groups have gone and selected seats.

Feb 1st is also good if you do allotments but you only have about 3-4 months to pay off to get full donor credit

Correct and if you don't like the seats available you will get a full refund. The school hasn't said that but it's been posted here so ...

What if you pay at current ticket level at renewal, decide to downgrade either by choice or your seats not available at time of renewal, would they allow you to use the additional towards parking ?

So we have what, maybe 25K season tickets spread throughout the dome?

Why couldn’t we guarantee everyone a spot in their same section as a starting point? I doubt we had any sections totally sold out and even with the reduction in seats, it seems like the current amount of seasons could fit in the new sections.

I know the student section relocation displaces the east end zone but they could relocate those seasons to the west end zone and fit them in.

Wouldn’t that be a better starting point to reduce chaos and annoying your fanbase?

Why couldn’t we guarantee everyone a spot in their same section as a starting point? I doubt we had any sections totally sold out and even with the reduction in seats, it seems like the current amount of seasons could fit in the new sections.

I know the student section relocation displaces the east end zone but they could relocate those seasons to the west end zone and fit them in.

Wouldn’t that be a better starting point to reduce chaos and annoying your fanbase?
Best idea yet. And I don’t think they have that many season ticket holders. Does anyone know? JRHEETER ?

I don’t that would work in many sections in the lower bowl.

I don’t that would work in many sections in the lower bowl.
I think you're right. If you look at the virtual seating chart for the lower level on the SU side, there will be a handicap platform (starting ~ Row T?) that looks like it will run the entire length of the sideline. I'm guessing that three to four rows (of season tickets) will be removed down the entire sideline to accomplish that.

They could have made it easier.. Decide which seats are the highest value and renew those and so on.. some people who had isles would be moved but probably had a choice of a different section/isle.. Who knows..

The upper endzone is losing seats and compressing people if they just swap that.

I don't think the issue is so much people locations, its that some are wedded to exact location of isle/friends/ bathroom. or whatever.. Then you add in price changes people will be moving a bit.

Some sections may have had too many seats reduced to do so. It's a completely different ticket manifest.

Easiest example; you can't guarantee everyone in the front row a front row seat if you reduced that row from 31 "seats" to 27 seats. So those people move back to row 2, and then you have 35 people for 27 seats in row 2. Then you have 39 people for 27 seats in row 3, etc etc.

It would annoy more people to do it that way than a full reseating of the Dome.

Some sections may have had too many seats reduced to do so. It's a completely different ticket manifest.

Easiest example; you can't guarantee everyone in the front row a front row seat if you reduced that row from 31 "seats" to 27 seats. So those people move back to row 2, and then you have 35 people for 27 seats in row 2. Then you have 39 people for 27 seats in row 3, etc etc.

It would annoy more people to do it that way than a full reseating of the Dome.
I was just talking about sections. If you were in 101 last year, you stay in 101, etc. You may not get the exact same row but at least you are close to where you were and the people you were with.

I was just talking about sections. If you were in 101 last year, you stay in 101, etc. You may not get the exact same row but at least you are close to where you were and the people you were with.
pretty sure there are sections that that wouldn't be possible especially in the lower bowl home sideline

If you renew on February first you can take advantage of the payment plan that allows you to split the cost into 7 or 8 equal payments interest free. Yes, I know you don’t accrue priority points until you make the payment. You don’t HAVE to renew until May 1 to participate in seat selection. I strongly believe that if you get to seat selection and cannot find an acceptable outcome they will work with you to do essentially whatever is possible. Sounds like they will try to make seat selection a very individualized process with plenty of hand holding.

Thank you. We really enjoyed our seats but understand it's going to be a process. I suppose we'll pony up the 4 tickets for 243 and when our slot comes up try to figure out the best seats for us as we can.

The process seems like the old days when you had to register for classes and it went by how many credit hours you had as who goes first and so on.

Which leads to my next question. Say we're tied with 5k people at the same giving level, who out of those picks first? Do I wake up a midnight and "register" as soon as I can to get the best available seats?

Thank you. We really enjoyed our seats but understand it's going to be a process. I suppose we'll pony up the 4 tickets for 243 and when our slot comes up try to figure out the best seats for us as we can.

The process seems like the old days when you had to register for classes and it went by how many credit hours you had as who goes first and so on.

Which leads to my next question. Say we're tied with 5k people at the same giving level, who out of those picks first? Do I wake up a midnight and "register" as soon as I can to get the best available seats?
It’s based on the priority points within that level. You get extra for how long you held seats but ultimately total donations matter.