2024 Seating Changes | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

agree 100%. the seating is changing which means some adjustments will need to be made and there are going to be some unknowns at this point

Yeah I was pretty critical of them early and I am usually pretty quick to criticize the university and its moves

However, the athletic department is clearly taking the concerns of people to heart and have made changes along the way to try and make as many people happy as possible.

Really very impressive job by them

agree 100%. the seating is changing which means some adjustments will need to be made and there are going to be some unknowns at this point
Yep, there is just no way of losing 8000 seats and keeping everyone perfectly happy, just not possible, I had aisle seats but I’m a minimum donor so I expect to be sitting higher if I want to stay anywhere near the aisle . Just have to be flexible here .

Yeah I was pretty critical of them early and I am usually pretty quick to criticize the university and its moves

However, the athletic department is clearly taking the concerns of people to heart and have made changes along the way to try and make as many people happy as possible.

Really very impressive job by them
I think they are pivoting nicely but a big time Department would have anticipated some of these concerns. I think they underestimated some feedback.

The bottom level is going to be movement all over..

No idea how the 200 level rolls out? How full was it?

the 300 level all sorts of room in many of the areas and even some of that is with people who had partial plans so its hard to tell how much major movement will involve more than the sections around the 50?

Given what data they have to work with, yes. But I still cant give them a pass for not having season ticket information pre - 2000.
The Y2K bug must have caught them with their pants down.

They are not asking you to renew now. They are asking you to renew by May 1. They are allowing you to renew now so you can take ad of the eight part payment plans.
But, correct me if I’m wrong here, whatever your total payment will be, the total will not be credited if you’re using the payment plan, the total will not be credited, correct?

Meaning, only those pre may 1 payments will be, cuz if you’re on the payment plan?

You get the value of the payments that have taken place before May 1st.

If they are taking so long to apply donation money now are they going to be able to do it fast in May?

The Longevity pts will matter as well even more at that time, to slot you within your level.

You would think that SU would update every Monday. Then when people see they went down, they would donate more.

I was under the impression if you renew you get the full donation amount should you payment plan it. So if you have 3 payments of $440 left it will count despite not being paid yet.

But, correct me if I’m wrong here, whatever your total payment will be, the total will not be credited if you’re using the payment plan, the total will not be credited, correct?

Meaning, only those pre may 1 payments will be, cuz if you’re on the payment plan?
Not completely correct. The first criteria is giving level. You get full credit for the donation portion of your season tickets when you commit. The second criteria is priority points. Priority points only move you up within your level. You accrue priority points as payments are made.

So if you have football and basketball tickets with an aggregate donation portion of $5000, you are placed in the ACC Champion level immediately upon making the first payment and are placed above every donor in the lower five levels regardless of the number of points. As you make subsequent payments you earn 1 additional point for every $100 you pay that is credited to donations.

Not completely correct. The first criteria is giving level. You get full credit for the donation portion of your season tickets when you commit. The second criteria is priority points. Priority points only move you up within your level. You accrue priority points as payments are made.

So if you have football and basketball tickets with an aggregate donation portion of $5000, you are placed in the ACC Champion level immediately upon making the first payment and are placed above every donor in the lower five levels regardless of the number of points. As you make subsequent payments you earn 1 additional point for every $100 you pay that is credited to donations.
Wouldn't that mean you get donation pts twice? They will go towards the following year anyway I guess if the payment plan is beyond May 1st.

So someone with Ten 50yd line seats would get an almost $5000 in donation to get to ACC champ level and then when they pay they get the 70 pts on top of that?

Wouldn't that mean you get donation pts twice? They will go towards the following year anyway I guess if the payment plan is beyond May 1st.

So someone with Ten 50yd line seats would get an almost $5000 in donation to get to ACC champ level and then when they pay they get the 70 pts on top of that?
Not on top. It’s two different things. Giving Level has no points associated. Think of the giving level as a folder. Based on your current year commitment you are placed in one of nine ordered folders. Now open the top folder and award points to every sheet in that folder. 1 for every $100 in current year donations paid, 1 for every $1000 in lifetime athletics donations and 1 for every $5000 in lifetime to University.

Seems like 95% of the people will only get a level based on the donation level of the tickets they buy. But you also gets pts for that as well.

so if my season tickets that cost $2500 have a donation value of $500 that makes me a Captain level based on the $500 not All American based on the $2500 they cost. But then you also get 5 pts for the $500 donation?

Received a 2024 reseating guide in the mail today which breaks down the loyalty “priority points” being awarded.
IMG_4072.jpeg

So longevity is worth about $500 a yr..

The next trick is how accurate they are with keeping track.

I have emails going back 16 yrs.. That pretty much maxes out the pts.

So those with multiple sports get an extra bonus.

So longevity is worth about $500 a yr..

The next trick is how accurate they are with keeping track.

I have emails going back 16 yrs.. That pretty much maxes out the pts.

So those with multiple sports get an extra bonus.

You get points for every sport you held seasons I believe but I’m not 100% on that

You get points for every sport you held seasons I believe but I’m not 100% on that

I'm a 20+ season ticket holder for both FB and BB.

I get the max 200 bonus points, or it is a separate 100 for the FB lottery and 100 for the BB lottery?

I'm a 20+ season ticket holder for both FB and BB.

I get the max 200 bonus points, or it is a separate 100 for the FB lottery and 100 for the BB lottery?

I believe you get the max for both, for both sports but I’m not 100% sure on that, I could be misunderstanding it, so if it’s not
the case don’t shoot the messenger on that!

So the way I understand it, you would get 200 bonus points for football reseating and 200 bonus points for basketball reseating

I believe you get the max for both, for both sports but I’m not 100% sure on that, I could be misunderstanding it, so if it’s not
the case don’t shoot the messenger on that!

So the way I understand it, you would get 200 bonus points for football reseating and 200 bonus points for basketball reseating
Does your net ranking figure in ?

My concern... im 6'3 and fairly stout. Those seats are TINY. Smaller than Syracuse Mets seats. Im quite frustrated. Good luck being comfortable if you are over 5'9.

I looked at my basketball bill today and they did not charge me based on where I’m currently sitting (section 123) and based on the new seating chart (section 122) for next year. They charged me an additional $1,000 for the next section over from mine. I called and it went to voicemail.