2024 Seating Changes | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

I thought he said that was the leg room between the front of your seat and the back of the seat in front of you (i.e. width of the row).

Not sure anyone is sure the distance yet for walking space until they start installing the seats and how they will install them

Assume them to be extremely tight as they are retro fitting an old building

The cutoff being 20yrs is crap.
Frankly the 5 points per year (10 if you have seasons for both sports) is absurdly high. $99 football seats and bargain basement hoops for 20 years gets you 200 priority points? That’s the equivalent of $200,000 in lifetime giving to Athletics or $1,000,000 to the University.

I will max out on longevity points and will have a pretty strong donor rank but find that to be absurdly generous. Understand the fairness aspect of it but on the other hand I wouldn’t put us men of a certain age ahead of a 40-45 year old who has purchased seasons his entire adult life and made additional philanthropic donations to SU Athletics.

The longevity pts equals a ton of giving which most here would never approach. I would suspect most people giving that kind of money are not really getting season tickets either.

The bball fans who also get fball tickets will be way ahead in this, which is fine because they invested more in the long run. This is all a one time show for commitment to the school.

One reason the donor rankings don't really make sense is because they show all the rankings and not just the people who will be in the mix for the fball or bball purchase. For the most part this is the only time 99% of us will ever care to see what the rankings mean.

When this all plays out, we need a poll on happiness with our seat locations. 2 months out and we still have a ton of angst with no idea if 500 people are picking ahead of us or 5000 or if how fast you login at your pick time will even matter. Will we get a release in groups or as individuals? Who knows.

Pretty much a given that my drop time will be while I am in a meeting or at golf league or some APPT I cant get onto a computer.

Tomcat and I have open arrest warrants out in Wyoming for causing their staff mental anguish in the visiting coaches box.
Were you part of pizzabox-gate?

The speculation in this thread has been an entertaining read while I sit at the bar at the airport. Well done.

Frankly the 5 points per year (10 if you have seasons for both sports) is absurdly high. $99 football seats and bargain basement hoops for 20 years gets you 200 priority points? That’s the equivalent of $200,000 in lifetime giving to Athletics or $1,000,000 to the University.

I will max out on longevity points and will have a pretty strong donor rank but find that to be absurdly generous. Understand the fairness aspect of it but on the other hand I wouldn’t put us men of a certain age ahead of a 40-45 year old who has purchased seasons his entire adult life and made additional philanthropic donations to SU Athletics.

I was very surprised by the 5pts per year. But whether it was 1pt, 5pts, or 100pts, it doesn’t differentiate between 20yrs longevity, 30yrs, 40yrs, 50yrs.

Not sure anyone is sure the distance yet for walking space until they start installing the seats and how they will install them

My guess is that the seat bottom will flip backwards automatically when you get up and for someone to pass you will need to get up. Time will tell.

Just received a shiny package from SU on the seating plan. Looking at the new renderings I’m thinking they should get rid of the armrests. One of the nice things about the benches was that it was easy to slide and move around.

What point do armrests serve other than to fat shame? And I’m not fat btw. Just seems artificially restrictive and does not enhance the fan experience.

Oh, that's not good. Remember, most people's feet are 12 inches long with sneakers, boots or shoes on.
So you get about half a foot (6 inches or so) for people to walk back and forth past you in your aisle.
That's not going to be enough.
Cant wait for everyone to walk on my size 14's 50 times a game.

Just received a shiny package from SU on the seating plan. Looking at the new renderings I’m thinking they should get rid of the armrests. One of the nice things about the benches was that it was easy to slide and move around.

What point do armrests serve other than to fat shame? And I’m not fat btw. Just seems artificially restrictive and does not enhance the fan experience.
those ARMRESTS are going to make people livid. They are about 5 inches in length and insanely awkward. No human puts their arms to their side with the given length they will provide. Get rid of the damn armrests.

So how is this enhancing the fan experience? This seems like a polarizing development at best and a half-baked idea at worst.

those ARMRESTS are going to make people livid. They are about 5 inches in length and insanely awkward. No human puts their arms to their side with the given length they will provide. Get rid of the damn armrests.
If they bother you that much, sit upstairs. No arm rests there.
Cant wait for everyone to walk on my size 14's 50 times a game.
Frankly there will be more room to walk by then there is with the benches. Seat folds up, you can stand farther back if people need to get by. Benches don’t move.

I know at Cornell games where the benches are much closer and narrower than what SU has, sometimes you have to stand on the benches to let someone buy. All great until you forget its winter and you down on the ice slop from your boots..

So how is this enhancing the fan experience? This seems like a polarizing development at best and a half-baked idea at worst.
Its not enhancing our experience at all. it IS a talking point for them to say they are making upgrades, and they expect the seats to look less offensive on tv when there isn't a fan sitting in it.

Frankly there will be more room to walk by then there is with the benches. Seat folds up, you can stand farther back if people need to get by. Benches don’t move.
I was under the impression that all seats have the armrests.

Not really the point. It's like people who design furniture, but never actually sit on it, to see if it's comfortable or not. If you're going to spend however many millions they are spending, then why not see if the way they are doing it is going to be acceptable to the end user? That's like building the interior instruments in a car without ever sitting the drivers' seat to seat if the placement makes sense and is comfortable.

If you're too large to fit between arm rests, you're so big that you'd be invading the personal space of the people seated directly next to you. I'd rather have the arm rest of separation then spending 4 hours with someone's hip pushing me to the right or left. At least the arm rest is a buffer zone.

This board: Get rid of the benches, and get seats with armrests.

Also this board: Stupid armrests. What a waste. No one will use them. And the seats are too small for American fatasses. (Even though they are bigger than the existing seat spacing)

This board: Get rid of the benches, and get seats with armrests.

Also this board: Stupid armrests. What a waste. No one will use them. And the seats are too small for American fatasses. (Even though they are bigger than the existing seat spacing)

Fascinating really