2024 Seating Changes | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

On everyone's donor page, does the effective date change after being updated?

Mine hasn't been updated yet and my effective date is still January. Just wondering if I'm just low in the pecking order or it's a mistake.

I slipped alot, by at least 1000 spots. I still have no idea whether my ranking in my priority group (8) is good or bad, neither do I understand how my priority points (12) factor into things (though I do know the algorithm they used to reach it).

I could have donated more to improve our ranking but I will not spend money without knowing what I'm getting in return.

I slipped alot, by at least 1000 spots. I still have no idea whether my ranking in my priority group (8) is good or bad, neither do I understand how my priority points (12) factor into things (though I do know the algorithm they used to reach it).

I could have donated more to improve our ranking but I will not spend money without knowing what I'm getting in return.
as a donor level 8 had you donated to $500 you would have probably passed 1500+ people in the rankings

as a donor level 8 had you donated to $500 you would have probably passed 1500+ people in the rankings
How many spots are in level 8, rough estimate? I'm around 5000.

To calibrate folks, the numbers and ranks you’re seeing are all donors both Football and Basketball. Not all basketball STH are Football STH. So you could be in donor group 8 for example that has 2500 other people but of those 2500, only 900 are for Football. So you may not be as negatively positioned as the numbers may first look.

hard to tell. But from last year there were 3600 level 7 and up and 3300 in level 8 so thats about 7000

30-50% dont have fb tickets in those levels so your real number is 1-2000 higher.

From what I heard, moving levels happened to a decent chunk of people so its all skewed this year. But also jumping levels gets expensive as you move up. I suspect a good number made the small jump from $100 to the $500 and probably smaller numver from $500 to $1000 and they even less from $1000 to 2500 as the value goes down with less people in your donor group.

Jumping from level 8 to 6 is almost 5000 people. from 6 to 5 would be worth 500 or so. Then factor in 50% or whatever are not getting FB tickets and you pay money to pass 200 people?

I may be in the minority but I hate that we subtracted 7000 seats. 43K will be too small especially if we improve drastically. We will see this backfire as a) the place won’t be as loud b) less people will be allowed in the dome now c) down the road, we will need to add more seats somehow and won’t be able to.

I may be in the minority but I hate that we subtracted 7000 seats. 43K will be too small especially if we improve drastically. We will see this backfire as a) the place won’t be as loud b) less people will be allowed in the dome now c) down the road, we will need to add more seats somehow and won’t be able to.
I don't know man, 43k in the Dome is still very loud. In 2022 I was there for two sellouts and my ears legit hurt after the NC State game (worth it!). It gets to a point where you really should be wearing foam ear plugs, the Dome is no joke.

Are we supposed to get email about the selection time period?

To calibrate folks, the numbers and ranks you’re seeing are all donors both Football and Basketball. Not all basketball STH are Football STH. So you could be in donor group 8 for example that has 2500 other people but of those 2500, only 900 are for Football. So you may not be as negatively positioned as the numbers may first look.
In fact some very substantial donors aren’t local and don’t hold season tickets at all. Now consider the box holders and premium seat fans and things look even more manageable.

We will know the most when we find out if our selection is closer to May 21 or July 1. If you’re getting close to the end of June you might get a little nervous.

I may be in the minority but I hate that we subtracted 7000 seats. 43K will be too small especially if we improve drastically. We will see this backfire as a) the place won’t be as loud b) less people will be allowed in the dome now c) down the road, we will need to add more seats somehow and won’t be able to

In the 10 attended seasons since we have been in the ACC we have had more than 43,295 in the building only 6 times, and only 4 crowds over 45,213. It won't really impact many games.

The noise is fine with 35k in the building.

Less people having access is a good thing. Being able to walk up and buy a ticket to a big game should never be an option.

Edit

Just looking at this year, which games would even be impacted? Depending on our record I only see VA Tech and Miami definitely getting over 40k. But remember the students are not here for Miami.

Last edited:
From what I heard, moving levels happened to a decent chunk of people so its all skewed this year. But also jumping levels gets expensive as you move up. I suspect a good number made the small jump from $100 to the $500 and probably smaller numver from $500 to $1000 and they even less from $1000 to 2500 as the value goes down with less people in your donor group.

Jumping from level 8 to 6 is almost 5000 people. from 6 to 5 would be worth 500 or so. Then factor in 50% or whatever are not getting FB tickets and you pay money to pass 200 people?

I moved up on the last update from level 6 to 4 and it was only about 500 in the overall ranking which is a bit of a surprise. Prior years I was close to 100 spots higher for the same level.

i also think a bunch of money was donated that has nothing to do with tickets

I moved up on the last update from level 6 to 4 and it was only about 500 in the overall ranking which is a bit of a surprise. Prior years I was close to 100 spots higher for the same level.
STH for football only or multiple sports? I do think the longevity aspect is bumping peoples overall rankings or will in the slotting within their level quite a bit.

Hope so. I dropped 1000 places in a month