2nd annual College Draft | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2nd annual College Draft

Bees, you must be out of your mind...you are all over the MAP

My map is setting up just fine. Its a long draft. 16 teams. The foundation is being built with the big money makers yet real good teams.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Its May and time for the 2nd annual College draft on the Syracuse board.

4 posters will be drafting 16 team college conferences in snake draft format. There are a few changes this year 1. their are no anchor teams like last year 2. two new participants TexanMark, Arbitragegls are joining Bees and Kaiser in drafting the conferences taking my slot and JackBauer44's slot. The guidelines will be
1. The draft is 17 rounds, you draft 16 NCAA Division 1 universities/colleges and 1 Commissioner for your conference.
2.To draft the best overall athletic conference can you.
3.This conference has to be able to command as high a TV contract as you can generate.
4. 80% of TV money comes from Football, 20% comes basketball, and remember a lot of TV sets increases the chances of forming a TV network. So remember football matters more than basketball
5. Try to protect rivalries that much sense economically for your conference depending on teams you draft.
6. Academics matter, but are not an important factor.
7. Setup your divisions with your conference when your done, and if you have any protected games good luck.

After you select your school give a 1/2 sentence explaining your selection. The draft order in odd rounds will be 1. Mark 2. Bees 3. Kaiser 4. Arb, and in even rounds in reverse 1.Arb 2. Kaiser 3. Bees 4. Mark

Round 1, TexanMark you are on the clock.

What happens after the draft is completed? How do you win?

TexanMark closes out the 4th Round with UNC

So-So FB, Powerhouse BB, growing State
102209-unc-cheerleader.jpg

With the First Pick of the 5th Round TexanMark again selects skirts

Arizona State..growing state decent FB brand
logan-arizona-state21.jpeg

Bees, you must be out of your mind...you are all over the MAP
Says the commish with teams in Florida and California.

Actually it's an interesting strategy question: Do you lock in a strong pod early or set the foundation for four even pods? Or go with 8-team divisions? Or just stick to your board, take the Best School Available and sort them out later?

Auburn. The 8th most valuable football program and pairs up with LSU. Would much rather have had Georgia but Kaiser got me there.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Says the commish with teams in Florida and California.

Actually it's an interesting strategy question: Do you lock in a strong pod early or set the foundation for four even pods? Or go with 8-team divisions? Or just stick to your board, take the Best School Available and sort them out later?

I like Arb early and now TM late.

I think after USC went everyone tried getting too cute with the Pac-12 teams. UCLA/Stanford were fools gold and then Oregon, while a solid pick, really cannot be paired with anyone of substance.

I like Arb early and now TM late.

I think after USC went everyone tried getting too cute with the Pac-12 teams. UCLA/Stanford were fools gold and then Oregon, while a solid pick, really cannot be paired with anyone of substance.

I'm just trying to figure out how to merge this thread with NewMexiCuse's wine tasting/NBA draft thread from the hoops board and one or two random Cali rants...

Talk about things that will make your head hurt...