$87,922 | Syracusefan.com

$87,922

Wonder if NIL will keep up.

That makes for one very valuable scholarship our full-ride athletes receive.
I hope they appreciate it.
That makes for one very valuable money stream our athletic department earns thanks to these kids.

Our basketball program made $34,157,191 in revenue last year. That's a heck of a lot more than $88K times 12.

They need the money to pay for new ugly gray students housing. Lol

Damn. I remember like it was yesterday...I got accepted to SU back in 2005 and got a little bit of a scholarship but passed on it to go to St. Bonaventure when they gave me almost a full ride and my grades weren't anything to write home about. I wanted to go to SU so bad but I knew if I went to SU with that debt over my head, it would have been hard to climb out of.
What's enrollment #'s year over year? any decline?

That makes for one very valuable money stream our athletic department earns thanks to these kids.

Our basketball program made $34,157,191 in revenue last year. That's a heck of a lot more than $88K times 12.

so if your business to survive needs to have multiple attributes to function properly do you pay the one orders of magnitude more money?

Like many places cant run without desktop/network support even if sales is really bringing in the money.

Or much like the team can have a great QB but no blocking..

Revenue not profit.

With private schools you have the fully aided kids and the full pays without a decreasing amount in the middle. If you are fully aided, who cares what the cost is since the school provides full financial aid packages. If you are rich, a few extra thousand a year doesn't matter.

Outside of a few schools and programs that isn’t worth it

Not even considering the career paths that will provide an ROI on that investment over an acceptable period of time.

How much did the program spend?

Coaches salaries?
- And all of the support staff; recruiting, equipment folks, tutors, medical etc…
Travel?
- chartered plane rides
- hotels and meals
General operations?
- it costs money to turn the lights on.

How much did the program spend?

Coaches salaries?
- And all of the support staff; recruiting, equipment folks, tutors, medical etc…
Travel?
- chartered plane rides
- hotels and meals
General operations?
- it costs money to turn the lights on.
After a quick Google search it looks like about 40% of the revenue goes towards operating costs. So still VERY much in the green.

Damn. I remember like it was yesterday...I got accepted to SU back in 2005 and got a little bit of a scholarship but passed on it to go to St. Bonaventure when they gave me almost a full ride and my grades weren't anything to write home about. I wanted to go to SU so bad but I knew if I went to SU with that debt over my head, it would have been hard to climb out of.
What's enrollment #'s year over year? any decline?

Oh, you too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom