A little surprised | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A little surprised

We haven't heard of more verbal decommits. I know we wont know for 18 days (or more) but it would seem a positive sign
I'm not convinced at all that Edwards comes here but I agree that there haven't been a lot of flips just yet . More surprising is the number of new names popping up that like us.QBs and WRs and an OL kid from GA Hayes. Nothing on Laray recently. That to is interesting,sort of.

I know the NYC pipeline is a lifeline of talent for our program, but could we have been placing too big a value on NYC as a recruiting area? I mean...NYC isn't the only source of 3 and 4 star talent, right?

I think with Mcdonald in the fold, we're going to see an even bigger emphasis on Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas which will only benefit us.

I've already assumed Gus is gone to FSU and I think Laray goes to WVU. Honestly, I'm not too worried at losing either. Now if we lost Wayne Williams, I'd be upset. That kid is a monster. Players like Gus and Laray are around all of the time, there isn't a shortage of runningbacks in the high school ranks. Now dominant DT's at JUCO programs with SEC talent are a little harder to come by.

We're probably going to lose Gus and Laray (he was definitely coming here before the staff left). The loss of Anselmo will hurt with those two. Wayne Williams worries me too because his quote was "as long as Anselmo's there I'm good". Think we'll be fine with the others, though.

We're at 14 with the ZA decommit now, and have 4 already on campus, so we have 10 remaining to worry about.

I'm most concerned about Gus, Laray and Devan Carter, just because local schools are involved.

I think with McDonald in the fold, and with Shafer and Moore still on staff, I'd be very surprised if we lose the FL recruits, Provo, Malik Brown and Hodge. Matter of fact I expect another 3-4 FL recruits in this class when all is said and done.

The JUCOS, Darius Kelly and Trevon Trejo, and Isaiah Johnson have been overwhelmingly insistent that they are staying on board. Austin Wilson looks to be in that boat now too after a visit with the new staff. I don't see Wayne Williams going anywhere.

The ironic thing in all this is that our recruit aka cheerleader, Zach Allen, was the first to decommit. How interesting would it be if he does end up the only one?

seems like AE's coach loves cuse and is really pulling for us. Now the kids going to come back from FSU this weekend star struck but once that settles and he understand he wont see any burn till his junior season there, he hopefully stays with us.

seems like AE's coach loves cuse and is really pulling for us. Now the kids going to come back from FSU this weekend star struck but once that settles and he understand he wont see any burn till his junior season there, he hopefully stays with us.
He probably wouldn't see any burn here until his junior season either...

probably, but on MLK day I have a DREAM...that we have a package with broyld, laray smith, AE, and Funderburke on the field together

Well keep dreaming.
If Edwards comes to Syracuse he will play significant minutes as a rs. I see him in a solid rotation with Morris

If Edwards comes to Syracuse he will play significant minutes as a rs. I see him in a solid rotation with Morris
I agree, I like edwards a lot.

I agree, I like edwards a lot.
Bnoro do you know if we are going to or have offered Charles? Also is he able to sign this year. Last question what do you feel about the new staff both as coaches and recruiters. I know nothing about any of them. Thank you.

Bnoro do you know if we are going to or have offered Charles? Also is he able to sign this year. Last question what do you feel about the new staff both as coaches and recruiters. I know nothing about any of them. Thank you.
I'd assume that Charles is a '14 recruit since he went to JUCO but I have no idea.

Love the new staff as recruiters, Shafer has brought in a bunch of guys that have been recruiting coordinators or the best recruiter on their staff and this can only be good for us on the recruiting trail. Jury's out on their coaching abilities but I said the same thing for almost everyone Doug hired. At least we are putting together a staff with a ton more experience than the guys that Doug brought in, and college experience too. Adkins and Shafer were Marrone's only two hires that had over 5 years in the college game if I remember correctly. Every single person Shafe has brought in is over 5, and closer to 10.

I'd assume that Charles is a '14 recruit since he went to JUCO but I have no idea.

Love the new staff as recruiters, Shafer has brought in a bunch of guys that have been recruiting coordinators or the best recruiter on their staff and this can only be good for us on the recruiting trail. Jury's out on their coaching abilities but I said the same thing for almost everyone Doug hired. At least we are putting together a staff with a ton more experience than the guys that Doug brought in, and college experience too. Adkins and Shafer were Marrone's only two hires that had over 5 years in the college game if I remember correctly. Every single person Shafe has brought in is over 5, and closer to 10.
They have that all that experience while still be relatively young guys too.

I'm not convinced at all that Edwards comes here but I agree that there haven't been a lot of flips just yet . More surprising is the number of new names popping up that like us.QBs and WRs and an OL kid from GA Hayes. Nothing on Laray recently. That to is interesting,sort of.

Agreed. Probably the relatively quick and positive stability that Shafer, Gross, etc have brought to the situation has given us some decent press in the last week or so. That likely put some fresh ideas in some prospects heads who have not yet decided.

"Hey, how about Syracuse? Looks like they've got some good things going on there."

They have that all that experience while still be relatively young guys too.
Exactly, which is why I think we did a fantastic job in the scenario we were presented with. Let's see what happens on the field next season, hopefully we can sneak up on some teams.

Exactly, which is why I think we did a fantastic job in the scenario we were presented with. Let's see what happens on the field next season, hopefully we can sneak up on some teams.

There is no sneaking up ... we're gonna storm the damn ACC.

Love the new staff as recruiters, Shafer has brought in a bunch of guys that have been recruiting coordinators or the best recruiter on their staff and this can only be good for us on the recruiting trail.
Agreed. Hopefully, the staff is effective and can stay together for several years. As with all organizations, it can take a bit of time before everyone gels and the team fires on all cylinders... including the players.

With the previous staff, I expected years 2 & 3 in the ACC to be great opportunities to have a special season. The new staff gives hope that that will still be the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom