Absolute HOME RUN! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Absolute HOME RUN!

Wow - JB was obviously very emotional and almost choked up a few times its seemed.

You know you made a heartfelt comment when Gregg Doyel starts backing off his termination comments.

I wonder how the public will react to this during today's slate of games.

Unfortunately...its so late, it really looks like he's just saying anything to keep his job...to Joe Public. I have a few buddies over watching.. that was there take. "Come on...too little too late JB" was their reaction.
That is not how JB operates; this apology was very genuine and it comes from a deep insight into how he messed up with his initial pronouncements. He has never been one to publicly apologize; what happened and his growing awareness of his need to do the right thing. No one could push him into doing what he did with the apology if it wasn't for his own expanded insight into how intemperate his initial statement was. My respect for him was only increased by what he had to say last night.

Needed to be said- glad he finally did it.
In the overall scheme of things it won't make much difference. These were the words he should've said on Tues.
In any case, anyone who saw those comments can't deny it was genuine & heartfelt, but as the old saying goes;
"You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression".
Add to that, that the first impressions were given by various media with obvious biases Everything else has been a spin to cover their own ineptness or need to follow the PC crowd with total disregard to false impressions or actual facts and reasoning. Of everyone ( accusers, ESPN esp Schwartz, SPD, Fitz, Stephanie, talking hollow heads etc.) so far JB seems to be the most sincere and honest of the bunch by a very long shot.

About time. Good job. But why not last week!
You're right.
But he finally did say on-camera exactly what needed to be said in the manner in which he needed to say it.
Nobody prepares to handle circumstances like this and his statement earlier this week was jaw-droppingly inappropriate.
I believe he was completely sincere last night (we can call Jim Boeheim a lot of things, but I'd never call him a good actor).
So I'm moving on to other aspects.

This thread will get lost because the folks will get home from the game and other topics will come up. I don't care. For those of you that can read this:

JB just killed it. He crushed it. 100% home run. That was:

Honest
Thoughtful
Personal
Appropriate
Contrite

For the first time since this came out, I am really proud right now.

Very, very well done Jimmy. Just awesome.

44cuse
Agreed, he did a great job. You could truly hear the passion and honesty of his apology in his voice. Very proud of him.

wasn't a separate FINE MESS board just created for this type of discussion?

Dude. Really? You haven't even seen it but you "have a hard time believing he wasn't ordered..." etc? How about you just keep your trap shut until you have a fact or two.

Really immature. The fact is the public has a different perception - and you need to learn to live in a world that will occasionally disagree with you - instead of trying to tell everyone to shut up. I've seen the presser, the point is no matter how great it was, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. That's a fact of life.

To me JB was great and learned and grew from this. Thanks to his wife... My feelings are now LEAVE MY COACH ALONE. He has man'd up for what he said and time for him to get back to coaching. There are others in our town that are going to take care of the Bernie thing to what ever end it will be. He is our coach not the US Attorney, Secret Service, Police department so just go away and leave him be...

I want him back to doing what JB does... Coaches SU Men Basketball...

I've seen the presser, the point is no matter how great it was, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. That's a fact of life.

You've proven that in spades.

Really immature. The fact is the public has a different perception - and you need to learn to live in a world that will occasionally disagree with you - instead of trying to tell everyone to shut up. I've seen the presser, the point is no matter how great it was, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. That's a fact of life.

Interestingly every poll I've seen is showing at worst a 50/50 split by the public on whether JB should be fired...most are significantly more skewed towards not firing him. So yes, there are people out there that still think he should be fired - but the only place it's a majority is in your noggin...

Boeheim's statement was genuine

Boeheim should have said this after the EMU game rather than the "not on my watch" speech.

Those statements are not mutually exclusive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom