Absolutely insane night at our NYC bar tonight | Syracusefan.com

Absolutely insane night at our NYC bar tonight

nycfan

2nd String
I can honestly say it was the best night ever at East End Bar & Grill as this is our first season there for hoop. Good turnout by some of the board legends tonight -- Cuseman78, KingOttoIII, BrianOrange, to name a few you might recognize, but the MVP guest of the night there was none other than Ryan Nasssib. Had a chance to meet him at halftime and of course had to get a picture which some of you may have seen via Twitter. When we called it a night around 11, Ryan was still settled in the back with his posse playing beer pong!

Ironically, the last time we were at East End for a Sat game, there was also a Cuse celebrity in attendance, the one and only Pearl Washington--and I mention this now because that shot tonight was very reminiscent of his half-court shot in '84 against BC. Tonight was a little bit shorter, but the magnitude of the win more than makes up the difference!

Last edited:
nycfan said:
I can honestly say it was the best night ever at East End Bar & Grill as this is our first season there for hoop. Good turnout by some of the board legends tonight -- Cuseman78, KingOttoIII, BrianOrange, to name a few you might recognize, but the MVP guest of the night there was none other than Ryan Nasssib. Had a chance to meet him at halftime and of course had to get a picture which some of you may have seen via Twitter. When we called it a night around 11, Ryan was still settled in the back with his posse playing beer pong! Ironically, the last time we were at East End for a Sat game, there was also a Cuse celebrity in attendance, the one and only Pearl Washington--and I mention this now because that shot tonight was very reminiscent of his half-court shot in '84 against BC. Tonight was a little bit shorter, but the magnitude of the win more than makes up the difference!
Same here in Astoria!

Last edited:
I can honestly say it was the best night ever at East End Bar & Grill as this is our first season there for hoop. Good turnout by some of the board legends tonight -- Cuseman78, KingOttoIII, BrianOrange, to name a few you might recognize, but the MVP guest of the night there was none other than Ryan Nasssib. Had a chance to meet him at halftime and of course had to get a picture which some of you may have seen via Twitter. When we called it a night around 11, Ryan was still settled in the back with his posse playing beer pong!

Ironically, the last time we were at East End for a Sat game, there was also a Cuse celebrity in attendance, the one and only Pearl Washington--and I mention this now because that shot tonight was very reminiscent of his half-court shot in '84 against BC. Tonight was a little bit shorter, but the magnitude of the win more than makes up the difference!

Sounds like an incredible night--perfect setting for an incredible game!

I can honestly say it was the best night ever at East End Bar & Grill as this is our first season there for hoop. Good turnout by some of the board legends tonight -- Cuseman78, KingOttoIII, BrianOrange, to name a few you might recognize, but the MVP guest of the night there was none other than Ryan Nasssib.

The same King Otto that quit the board?

Very cool.

East End again for North Carolina State on Saturday? I'm going to be in the city and hope to watch with the SU crowd.

East End again for North Carolina State on Saturday? I'm going to be in the city and hope to watch with the SU crowd.

We will definitely be there for NC State. Swing by and meet some of the NYC crew. We get a great crowd there and you never know who's going to show up (Nassib last night, Pearl Washington earlier this yer).

We will definitely be there for NC State. Swing by and meet some of the NYC crew. We get a great crowd there and you never know who's going to show up (Nassib last night, Pearl Washington earlier this yer).

Awesome, I'm in.

What bar? i live in Astoria, didn't realize there was a place to watch games there
I was at MP Taverna on Ditmars, which isn't really a sports bar, just a place I frequent with a few friends. Daly's on 31st Street and Broadway, however, is supposed to be a good Cuse bar for the big games.

I was at MP Taverna on Ditmars, which isn't really a sports bar, just a place I frequent with a few friends. Daly's on 31st Street and Broadway, however, is supposed to be a good Cuse bar for the big games.

Amazing, I live on 32nd and Broadway. I've been to Daly's like one or two times; I usually don't go drinking in the neighborhood to watch games.

nycfan Cuseman78 You guys gonna be at East End for the BC game?

Oh yeah, we'll be there next Wed. Very important to stay undefeated heading into the epic Duke roadie.

Otto, yes---we'll definitely be there again Saturday. In fact, since it's a Saturday, a few of us were talking about getting there an hour or so early to get good bar real estate (I know Cuseman78 will be there early too). We always set up right at the bar (never sit at a table), so come over and say hello (especially if you get there early).

Dammit, so east end is the spot huh? I have been looking for a place to watch the games with Bar 29 gone, but I've been to East End for 2 games, Pitt and Lville in 2010 (both losses) so I feel like I'm a jinx whenever I go there

I used to live on Ditmars right near 31st street. Love Astoria.

Family man now and live on the UWS in Manhattan, but always will have a spot for Astoria.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom