ACC Bowl Games | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Bowl Games

I have a feeling this is going to be a long night for Pitt; no ACC allegiance here. Let them suffer.

As an aside, the TN coach is a dope. Burned 15-20 seconds on their final drive with all three time outs in the Music City ending up with a 56 yard field goal drive which they missed. I was laughing.

Purdue is going to be a handfull. They use their tight ends extensively,

As an aside, the TN coach is a dope. Burned 15-20 seconds on their final drive with all three time outs in the Music City ending up with a 56 yard field goal drive which they missed. I was laughing.

Purdue is going to be a handfull. They use their tight ends extensively,
Tenn messed up the end of the game.. both guys were wide open though. Still the blatant hold was missed that would have made it a 41 yd FG.. then the end of game in OT they were dumb calling a play to take a sack after first down at the 2.. then the ref deciding a 4th down run needed a quick whistle to stop a score..

I really dont get why more teams dont use the wide set in the end zone.. force the db to commit.. then double move the slant and you have all day to make the throw. much easier than the fade.

Tenn messed up the end of the game.. both guys were wide open though. Still the blatant hold was missed that would have made it a 41 yd FG.. then the end of game in OT they were dumb calling a play to take a sack after first down at the 2.. then the ref deciding a 4th down run needed a quick whistle to stop a score..

I really dont get why more teams dont use the wide set in the end zone.. force the db to commit.. then double move the slant and you have all day to make the throw. much easier than the fade.
The TN RB's knee never hit the ground. It was a TD. Would like to know what conference those refs were from.

Pickett in the coaches booth….interesting. I’d be less forgiving as the coach. Opt out if you like but once you do you’re not traveling with us to the bowl game. You want to see the game buy a ticket. I’d bet some players aren’t thrilled either. IMO you’re either all in or all out.

Pickett in the coaches booth….interesting. I’d be less forgiving as the coach. Opt out if you like but once you do you’re not traveling with us to the bowl game. You want to see the game buy a ticket. I’d bet some players aren’t thrilled either. IMO you’re either all in or all out.
He’s a top five pick. The players and coaches understand that. He’s doing the right thing and they all know It. They won 11 games because of Pickett.

About 50 players opted out. The best player on S Car opted out and he was on the sidelines. Narduzzi was interviewed this AM and he supported Picketts decision and said players did too. Said it was the right business decision and if it hadn’t been for Pickett they wouldn’t even be playing in this game.

I get the business decision. IMO can’t have it both ways. For me you opt out your time with program is over. Go prepare for draft while the rest of team plays the game.

Picket’s decision may have been a good business decision for him, but it sucks for his team, for the fans and for the university that has paid him approx. $50,000 per year to play football (counting out-of-state tuition, room, board and other expenses). If we look at it as a business matter, I’d call this a breach of contract.

MSU is awful we'd be winning if Pitt wasn't able to play and we got their spot.

Other players have traveled with their teams as well. Odd...

Picket’s decision may have been a good business decision for him, but it sucks for his team, for the fans and for the university that has paid him approx. $50,000 per year to play football (counting out-of-state tuition, room, board and other expenses). If we look at it as a business matter, I’d call this a breach of contract.

Kenny Pickett put Pitt, a solid yet up and down program, back on the map.

Number 12 ranking. Nice bowl game.

And, likely in part due to Pickett’s success, is set up next year with Kedon Slovis transferring in.

I’d say their investment was well worth it, even with him opting out tonight.

Would never do it. I can do Gatorade baths cheese it baths French fry bath. I draw the line here. That's revolting.

At least there weren’t 8 guys standing in a circle around him. That would have made that even more revolting.

Kenny Pickett put Pitt, a solid yet up and down program, back on the map.

Number 12 ranking. Nice bowl game.

And, likely in part due to Pickett’s success, is set up next year with Kedon Slovis transferring in.

I’d say their investment was well worth it, even with him opting out tonight.
Does Pitt always play soft coverage or did they just decide to play prevent D late in the game with the lead?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom