ACC Media Days July 21-22, 2016 Charlotte, NC | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Media Days July 21-22, 2016 Charlotte, NC

No. They REALLY need those calories.

I think it depends on the individual and the workout. There are days in August where guys are working too hard and can't afford to lose any weight; for them, every little bit of extra good fat will help. Then there are those Wayne Williams types on the team; no matter the workout, they're not at risk of dropping below playing weight and they would be fine with skim.

Either way, love his way with words and glad he pays attention to this stuff. We've come a long way in 10 years.

donniesyracuse said:
I am so bored with metaphors. I can't get through a meeting without hearing twenty of them. Who decided that humans are incapable of understanding without silly comparisons? I blame Aristotle. ;)

I agree - except Dino's are way above and are unique. Enjoy.

Poor Dino had to be the meat in that sandwich.

(Settle down, Chip.)

Edit - why is Delta-BravoAlphaGolf edited out of my post!?!!? When did the abbreviation for ...get added to the banned list?!

Last edited by a moderator:
donniesyracuse said:
I am so bored with metaphors. I can't get through a meeting without hearing twenty of them. Who decided that humans are incapable of understanding without silly comparisons? I blame Aristotle. ;)

Personally, I blame John Lennon.

The 2% comment confuses me (they burn a ton of calories, but wouldn't they still like to avoid unnecessary fat?) but the wording of all his lines is just phenomenal. We might be in store for some epic press conferences this year.
Dietary fat leading to bodyfat is a common misconception that has been presented by the American medical establishment dating back to the late 70s. The reality is it's bunk. Fat is a necessary part of a healthy diet - our brains are fat, for crying out loud. Refined sugar, in all it's hidden forms, is much, much worse and is the leading cause of bodyfat and obesity.

I might even have the players drinking whole milk. Definitely the ones who need to add muscle mass.

Dietary fat leading to bodyfat is a common misconception that has been presented by the American medical establishment dating back to the late 70s. The reality is it's bunk. Fat is a necessary part of a healthy diet - our brains are fat, for crying out loud. Refined sugar, in all it's hidden forms, is much, much worse and is the leading cause of bodyfat and obesity.

I might even have the players drinking whole milk. Definitely the ones who need to add muscle mass.

I understand; we need fat, and the fat in milk isn't bad for us. It just carries extra calories, which is good for many guys during two-a-days but may not be helpful to some of the heavier players.

I'm not sure that I like him continually using "daunting" in all these interviews.
Just managing expectations. If we stink, he'll be able to say 'I told you so.' If we outperform expectations, he'll be able to say 'I guess I'm a better coach than I thought.' ;)

It is what it is.

9 of the 11 games FBS against bowl teams. eighth toughest schedule in the nation. Lagging far behind in talent and speed compared to the majority of our opponents. The most winnable FBS games (Wake, BC, U Conn) are all road games. All that being said, do I have faith? Hell yeah! It is indeed daunting in year 1 for Dino and company but there is no one I want running the show and facing the daunting task more than Dino. Can't wait for the season to get going!

Oh, ESPN. Great fact checking on our points per game allowed.

image-1319516442.jpg