ACC Media Days July 21-22, 2016 Charlotte, NC | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Media Days July 21-22, 2016 Charlotte, NC

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 Charlotte, NC
Syracuse head coach Dino Babers said the program is on "a daunting journey toward correctness and righteousness."

Syracuse C Jason Emerich said "just going out there and winning" makes this a successful last season

Syracuse C Jason Emerich speaks highly of QB Eric Dungey's playmaking ability. Said the players trust him to lead the offense.

Syracuse LB Zaire Franklin said learning the Tampa 2 has broadened his understanding of the game of football

Syracuse LB Zaire Franklin on being named a sophomore captain: "It meant the world to me."

Syracuse LB Zaire Franklin described summer workouts as "intense."

Syracuse LB Zaire Franklin on facing two Heisman Trophy candidates in the ACC: "It makes playing the game that much more fun."

Last edited:
Z89 Sports ‏@Z89sports
Babers is excited about the freshmen joining the team this year, happy to welcome them to "the family, la familia, the ohana."

Babers talks about his childhood, says that he moved a lot, and that prepared him to be a coach and to lead the charge for Syracuse.

Babers: "The young men at Syracuse are extremely hungry." Defense will be less aggressive, and offense will be much faster.

Babers talks about his first experiences as a head coach at Eastern Illinois, says that he doesn't like to put ceilings on projections.

Babers isn't putting any guarantees on this year, but he says his players will work their hardest to put the best product on the field.

Babers on possible revival of SU-Penn St rivalry: "SU has the 8th hardest schedule, give us some time, then we'll considering playing PSU."

Babers on getting his players on board: "The first year is boring, the second year is pretty cool, the third would be new water for me."

Babers is excited about new AD John Wildhack, says he thinks has a solid starting relationship with Wildhack.

Last edited:
InsideTheACC ‏@InsideTheACC 8m8 minutes ago
Babers: "I thought the young men here were young and hungry. I fought they did s nice job of embracing us and the new schemes." #ACCKickoff

Babers: "I told my staff to be specific in asking what you want from the players. There is no gray. If you're specific they will know it."

Babers: "I don't like to put a ceiling or walls around our expectations. I don't know how we'll do but I expect great effort." #ACCKickoff

Babers: "Out of the 4 new coaches in the ACC I'm the only 1 in the Atlantic.I think I have a high IQ but I'll go back & check." #ACCKickoff

Babers: "Syracuse has the 8th toughest schedule in the country. We're rebuilding so I'm not quite sure we should add Penn St to it yet."

Babers: "When you put this style of football in, after the 1st practice, it always ends with big guys over trash cans." #ACCKickoff

Babers: "I'm looking forward to the 2nd year because that year is always faster than the 1st.The 1st year is boring & the 2nd year is cool."

Babers: "I've never had a 3rd year at a school. It would be like a graduate or PhD year for me. I would like that to be at Syracuse."

CuseLegacy said:
I'm not sure that I like him continually using "daunting" in all these interviews.

He's lowering the bar and keeping expectations low... But I think it's an act to an extent.

David Hale ‏@DavidHaleESPN 10m10 minutes ago
Dino Babers on Syracuse: "I think we're Jon Snow, keeping the ice people out. The others are down south, eating grapes."

Dino: "Everybody thinks the lion is the king of the jungle. It's not. The elephant is king. Or if you're in the water, it's the hippo."

Reporter: You're offense is a little faster than what Syracuse ran last year. Dino: A little? Come on, man. A lot faster.

Dino on getting rid of skim milk at Cuse: "They're big boys. They can have 2 percent and eat their cereal right."

Dino: "A lot of our receivers are ex-option running backs. They catch like ex-option running backs." Not ideal. #Cuse

Dino Babers on Syracuse: "I think we're Jon Snow, keeping the ice people out. The others are down south, eating grapes."

Dino: "Everybody thinks the lion is the king of the jungle. It's not. The elephant is king. Or if you're in the water, it's the hippo."

Reporter: You're offense is a little faster than what Syracuse ran last year. Dino: A little? Come on, man. A lot faster.

Dino on getting rid of skim milk at Cuse: "They're big boys. They can have 2 percent and eat their cereal right."

Dino: "A lot of our receivers are ex-option running backs. They catch like ex-option running backs." Not ideal. #Cuse

Those are some awesome quotes.

I am so bored with metaphors. I can't get through a meeting without hearing twenty of them. Who decided that humans are incapable of understanding without silly comparisons? I blame Aristotle. ;)

ACC Kickoff: Rules changes coming in 2016 - ACCSports.com

CHARLOTTE, N.C. —
Targeting calls from the replay booth and tweaks to rules regarding timeouts will be among the changes coming to ACC officiating in 2016.

On Thursday, ACC Coordinator of Football Officiating Dennis Hennigan discussed those changes at the ACC Kickoff. The new rules include:
  • Two unsportsmanlike fouls on a coach will result in the ejection of that coach.

AKA the Scott Shafer Rule?? Or the F.U. Dabo Rule??