ACC Network Coming In 2019 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Coming In 2019

IMO the ACC should add Cincinnati and Temple. That adds two news markets, one new state, two more fertile recruiting grounds, and more games for the new ACCN. The ACC missed out on RU, which was a mistake. Don't do the same again. Be forward thinking. It also takes away the B12's best option for expansion and hurts the AAC. Plus I would find it funny that the closest in conference basketball game for UConn would be ECU. If ND ever decides to join then add one of Texas, WV, or UConn to get to 18 and then live happily ever after.

You would likely need to go to pods, but that is better than what we currently have.

South
FSU (Miami crossover) - they get BC, Louisville, SU less often and the Coastal teams more often (1 in 3 years vs 1 in 6 years)
Clemson (GA Tech) - same
NC State (UNC) - same
Wake (Duke) - same

North
Miami (FSU) - they get the Atlantic more often and the Coastal less often. Kind of a weird fit with pod.
SU (Louisville) - get Atlantic less often and Coastal more often
BC (Cincinnati) - same
Temple (Pitt) - new to ACC

East
GA Tech (Clemson) - get Atlantic more often and Miami, Pitt, VA Tech less often
UVA (VA Tech) - same
UNC (NC State) - same
Duke (Wake) - same

West
VA Tech (UVA) - get Coastal less often and Atlantic more often.
Louisville (SU) - get Atlantic less often and Coastal more often. Also add back rival Cincinnati.
Cincinnati (BC) - new to ACC
Pitt (Temple) - same as VA Tech

I am just glad the dude of West Virginia and Tuxedo Yoda can go away forever.
The Big XII is now the 5th conference in revenues.

Those leagues and their teams are becoming stronger because they have their own networks .

I'd say that in reverse, they have strong networks (unlike the PAC) because they are the leagues that they are.

ACCN should be better than the PACN, but as long as college football is the $$$ driver, the best the ACC can hope for in terms of both TV and overall conference revenue is a solid third.

It is what it is.

Cheers,
Neil

I'd say that in reverse, they have strong networks (unlike the PAC) because they are the leagues that they are.

ACCN should be better than the PACN, but as long as college football is the $$$ driver, the best the ACC can hope for in terms of both TV and overall conference revenue is a solid third.

It is what it is.

Cheers,
Neil
I'm perfectly happy with a solid 3rd, particularly if the difference in money doesn't materially or substantially affect level of quality on the field.

I am just glad the dude of West Virginia and Tuxedo Yoda can go away forever.
The Big XII is now the 5th conference in revenues.
Wishful thinking, IMO.
They now have a full THREE years to post "doom and gloom" speculation on whether there will ever be an ACCN, and if it'll be "profitable". This will give them time to cite how their "insiders" are saying FSu and Clemson never signed the GOR extension, and are looking to the Big XII for salvation.
If there's one thing I've learned during CR, its that the hillbillies are relentless- & reality be damned! :crazy:
The ACC is still DOOMED...DOOMED, I tell ya'!Photobucket burning couch

Isn't the current contract slated to end in the mid-20's? I'm guessing the new contract has ways to extend or add significant revenue (like adding ND), just like the current one. Plus, it insures the talk of FSU, UNC, Clemson and VA leaving comes to an end.
When was there talk of UNC leaving? They own this conference...which is why Clemson fans hate it.

Will be really interesting to hear Wildhack's take on all of this.

Will be really interesting to hear Wildhack's take on all of this.
I'm wondering why it has to take until 2019 to set this up. On the other hand, maybe SU can use the time to build network-quality production studios exceeding anything NC State has. This is an opportunity for us to showcase Newhouse, exploit our talent and gain leverage in a league dominated by the old South.

I'm wondering why it has to take until 2019 to set this up. On the other hand, maybe SU can use the time to build network-quality production studios exceeding anything NC State has. This is an opportunity for us to showcase Newhouse, exploit our talent and gain leverage in a league dominated by the old South.
Needs to happen. To the extent SU needs to leverage Wildhacks' expertise and advice to the ACC to make it happen - they should.

It is what it is.

Cheers,
Neil

If we made a "choice" to join the ACC over the B1G as some SU sources claim, do you agree with that choice?

When was there talk of UNC leaving? They own this conference...which is why Clemson fans hate it.

If you visit some of the other boards, you will see folks referencing UNC as a BIG10 take over target. Of course, it was silly talk, but out there nonetheless.

If we made a "choice" to join the ACC over the B1G as some SU sources claim, do you agree with that choice?

I believe we were amongst the 15 schools vetted by the B1G back in 2010. But we took the first invite actually offered and yes, I think we are far more suited for the ACC than the B1G, even though the ACC was until now, the weakest and most vulnerable P5 conference outside perhaps the B12. But had the ACC been raided again and lost let's say FSU to the SEC and UNC and UVa to the B1G, then would it matter? Not saying I thought that was likely to happen, just that I couldn't say it was never going to happen either.

But despite what I consider to be the conference best suited for SU, it doesn't change the fact that some will only be satisfied until the ACC is on equal footing with the B1G and the SEC. Which is why my two posts in this thread have been made, in response to the post below:

SEC and B1G are going to make umpteen million more than the ACC for 3 more years ?

Cheers,
Neil

IMO the ACC should add Cincinnati and Temple. That adds two news markets, one new state, two more fertile recruiting grounds, and more games for the new ACCN. The ACC missed out on RU, which was a mistake. Don't do the same again. Be forward thinking. It also takes away the B12's best option for expansion and hurts the AAC. Plus I would find it funny that the closest in conference basketball game for UConn would be ECU. If ND ever decides to join then add one of Texas, WV, or UConn to get to 18 and then live happily ever after.

You would likely need to go to pods, but that is better than what we currently have.

South
FSU (Miami crossover) - they get BC, Louisville, SU less often and the Coastal teams more often (1 in 3 years vs 1 in 6 years)
Clemson (GA Tech) - same
NC State (UNC) - same
Wake (Duke) - same

North
Miami (FSU) - they get the Atlantic more often and the Coastal less often. Kind of a weird fit with pod.
SU (Louisville) - get Atlantic less often and Coastal more often
BC (Cincinnati) - same
Temple (Pitt) - new to ACC

East
GA Tech (Clemson) - get Atlantic more often and Miami, Pitt, VA Tech less often
UVA (VA Tech) - same
UNC (NC State) - same
Duke (Wake) - same

West
VA Tech (UVA) - get Coastal less often and Atlantic more often.
Louisville (SU) - get Atlantic less often and Coastal more often. Also add back rival Cincinnati.
Cincinnati (BC) - new to ACC
Pitt (Temple) - same as VA Tech

Temple literally adds nothing. One ok year of football shouldn't write them a ticket when the rest of their sports are abysmal.

I hope we stay where we are and swing for the fences when the Big 12 implodes.

I believe we were amongst the 15 schools vetted by the B1G back in 2010. But we took the first invite actually offered and yes, I think we are far more suited for the ACC than the B1G, even though the ACC was until now, the weakest and most vulnerable P5 conference outside perhaps the B12. But had the ACC been raided again and lost let's say FSU to the SEC and UNC and UVa to the B1G, then would it matter? Not saying I thought that was likely to happen, just that I couldn't say it was never going to happen either.

But despite what I consider to be the conference best suited for SU, it doesn't change the fact that some will only be satisfied until the ACC is on equal footing with the B1G and the SEC. Which is why my two posts in this thread have been made, in response to the post below:

Cheers,
Neil
I realize there were many preexisting deals and new deals being negotiated , but every time I pass by the B1G network and there is some Rutgers branding going on , it seems like SU has taken a back seat .

Last edited:
So the Big XII schools not Kansas/Texas/Oklahoma have to know they are on notice.
Texas isn't giving up the LHN for the Big XII. Since ESPN controls the LHN that means the school could only realistically move to the SEC or ACC which are controlled by ESPN. The LHN contract was for 15 years.

Oklahoma and Kansas make sense for a big Ten west division.

I want to not dislike WVU but their internet fans made their bed and their future is tied to. OU and Texas as the Big ten and ACC won't take them.

UConn just got their final conference realignment kick in the nuts. They hate the. ACC almost as much WVU and now the conference is secure and they don have a future in it.

I think the ACC channel is going to replace ESPNews in 2019. As ESPN has cutback on live production and just coverting it to an ACC channel will make it easier to bundle with cable providers. It could ESPNU as well the conference is losing some Big Ten rights.

I realize there were many preexisting deals and new deals being negotiated , but every time I pass by the B1G network and there is some Rutgers branding going , it seems like SU has taken a back seat .
Lol Rutgers brand is going? With cord cutters growing by the month the Big Ten probably regrets addin them more and more.
They got added because the Big Ten needed a warm body with cable boxes to go with Maryland.

More and more UConn fans should be pissed that Rutgers was added to a P5 conference over them.

I realize there were many preexisting deals and new deals being negotiated , but every time I pass by the B1G network and there is some Rutgers branding going , it seems like SU has taken a back seat .

Understood. But brands are built by "winning", not because of conference affiliation. Let's face it, our brand has been seriously tarnished by the way our football program has performed for over a decade. But fortunately for us, if we get back to winning on a consistent basis, the brand will bounce back quickly like it did when we went south in the 70s and early 80s, but bounced back in the late 80s. Unlike Rutgers, who has never truly had a brand will take much longer to build one. They failed to capitalize on their 2006 season, unlike us, who capitalized on our 1987 season for a decade and a half which revitalized us a football brand name, granted not elite level brand, but next level down.

Cheers,
Neil

One ok year of football shouldn't write them a ticket when the rest of their sports are abysmal.

Though I agree with you, it did work for Rutgers. One good year in the past 150 years and now they are in the B1G.

Lol Rutgers brand is going? With cord cutters growing by the month the Big Ten probably regrets addin them more and more.
They got added because the Big Ten needed a warm body with cable boxes to go with Maryland.

More and more UConn fans should be pissed that Rutgers was added to a P5 conference over them.
Rutgers branding going on is what I meant to type. Lots of snobby B1G fans look down their noses at Rutgers , but the B1G coaches like getting a presence in a prime recruiting area , Jimmy H. is landing some real nice talent from there.

Temple literally adds nothing. One ok year of football shouldn't write them a ticket when the rest of their sports are abysmal.

They add a TV market. They add basketball. They add fertile football and basketball recruiting grounds. On the football side they do not add much, but they are not being added for that. Once you have a network, you need to feed it.

They add a TV market. They add basketball. They add fertile football and basketball recruiting grounds. On the football side they do not add much, but they are not being added for that. Once you have a network, you need to feed it.

Most people understand this but from a perception standpoint it makes the league look watered down.

Stop taking crazy pills. We're not in the Big East any more. No need to add anyone until ND is closed out of the playoffs or the B12 implodes.

HRE Otto IV said:

I'd rather offer Navy and get back into MD/DC area. Also would help with the ND wooing process.

You didn't play Risk as a kid? Temple allows you to move your Northern Armies along I-95 to conquer Marylandia

Though I agree with you, it did work for Rutgers. One good year in the past 150 years and now they are in the B1G.

Rutgers is also a major research university and a "state flagship." I hate saying that because uconn fans get erect over those two words, but they are. I don't see how anyone could compare Rutgers to Temple.