ACC, Notre Dame Announce Football Playing Dates Through 2025 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, Notre Dame Announce Football Playing Dates Through 2025

now all the arguing will be on what is the date of the nd game at the dome in 2022 :)

Okay, you are all set. I will notify the landholders of these regions of the change in ownership forthwith.
NJ.png

Chip said:
I'm flattered that you think I could have been born as late as 1980. But it's the other one.
he made the mistake of judging by your graduation date which is incredibly misleading

orange79 said:
alsacs - you're up bees - on deck ;)

Glad everyone is so happy we are at a competitive disadvantage compared to the other ACC schools. The Metlife deal continues to bone us on the field.

Any idea what channel the ND game will be for the 2022 game? Want to set my DVR.

Now all we can argue about is which uniform will SU be wearing? Maybe they're saving the all orange one for ND at the Dome in 2022

2022, like any of us will be alive.

Fire Gross!!!

By the way, if anyone wants to come to Chicago for my 45th birthday, you're all invited. BillOrange and Daryl Gross are in charge of the booze bus from Chicago to South Bend that Saturday.

Well, I know that at least one of us will be there...

How many should I make reservations for at Gibson's the evening before?

Glad everyone is so happy we are at a competitive disadvantage compared to the other ACC schools. The Metlife deal continues to bone us on the field.
Where did I say I was happy?

Nobody's "happy". It's the best realistic outcome given the existing contract. Time to move on!

I am really happy the ACC came thru for Syracuse. I never thought Syracuse would be one of the teams to get a 3rd home game. I was wrong and happily wrong. The fact we are getting one game at home is great and I will refrain from saying any more as I am sick of talking about ND-MetLife games.

I am happily wrong that the ACC did SU a solid.

idgaf.gif

Bees when good stuff happens for SU you have to give credit. I killed them for this ND series and it sucked because it made us look midmajor but in the end will cost Syracuse 1 home game against Notre Dame, but the fact we got 1 home game when the odds mathematically were against it I guess the ACC took care of Gross. Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech are way more important for the ACC FB and the ACC office really took care of Syracuse/Gross. Thank you Swofford.

The fact Pitt and Syracuse are the schools getting 3 ND home games makes sense from the Irish perspective since at those sites they will have a lot of fans at both stadiums, and Wake Forest doing the job 3 times isn't shocking. With ND playing a Shamrock game at Fenway BC is really only going to South Bend 2 times so them being selected for 3 road games wasn't shocking either. I am just glad we are getting atleast 1 home game when the odds were against it.

orange79 said:
Where did I say I was happy?

You didn't. I used your post cause it said it was my turn since Al had responded.

Moontan said:
Nobody's "happy". It's the best realistic outcome given the existing contract. Time to move on!

Contracts are made to be broken. Or, the ACC and ND could have ignored that contract as it relates to the ACC/ND deal.

Alsacs said:
Bees when good stuff happens for SU you have to give credit. I killed them for this ND series and it sucked because it made us look midmajor but in the end will cost Syracuse 1 home game against Notre Dame, but the fact we got 1 home game when the odds mathematically were against it I guess the ACC took care of Gross. Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech are way more important for the ACC FB and the ACC office really took care of Syracuse/Gross. Thank you Swofford. The fact Pitt and Syracuse are the schools getting 3 ND home games makes sense from the Irish perspective since at those sites they will have a lot of fans at both stadiums, and Wake Forest doing the job 3 times isn't shocking. With ND playing a Shamrock game at Fenway BC is really only going to South Bend 2 times so them being selected for 3 road games wasn't shocking either. I am just glad we are getting atleast 1 home game when the odds were against it.

One clarification. Pitt got 3 home games. We have 1, and 4 away games.

metlife games aren't really away games when I think of away games I think hostile environment and metlife isnt

rrlbees said:

When we win in 2016, we can officially leave the dead horse alone.

I'm sure we would have won in the Dome this year. I mean, we've looked so good there so far this year.

Chip said:
When we win in 2016, we can officially leave the dead horse alone. I'm sure we would have won in the Dome this year. I mean, we've looked so good there so far this year.

Has nothing to do with definitely winning or losing. Has to do with odds of winning or losing. Nothing's guaranteed.

Chris02M said:
metlife games aren't really away games when I think of away games I think hostile environment and metlife isnt

I've been to ND, they aren't "hostile". Did you see the attendance difference this year?

I think it was the best Syracuse could hope for. I never doubted that Syracuse would in the end honor the contract with Notre Dame.

I think it was the best Syracuse could hope for. I never doubted that Syracuse would in the end honor the contract with Notre Dame.

We have a contract with MetLife which had to be honored.

Because I'm sure it would have cost SU a quite few bucks to buy its' way out.

One clarification. Pitt got 3 home games. We have 1, and 4 away games.

Agreed.

Whatever happens with the MetLife deal, happens. I'm passed it. But let's at least admit that these are de facto road games for us and not neutral by any measurement.

Is it a closer to even crowd then if we were playing in South Bend? Sure. Is it 50/50 - not even close.

These are away games that are considered home games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom