ACC, Notre Dame Announce Football Playing Dates Through 2025 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, Notre Dame Announce Football Playing Dates Through 2025

We need more SEC teams to come to the Dome. Give me LSU over ND any day...
When is that Georgia home and home coming !!??
I honestly doubt Florida, Georgia, South Carolina will play any teams home/home unless they are traditional rivalries like Clemson-Georgia because those teams play ACC local rivals every year and want 7 home games atleast every year. Georgia/Florida play each other at neutral site each year as well so they can't play road game the year they host their ACC rival because they are giving up their home game against each other that year to play the true neutral site game each year.
Odd years Florida is the home team and even years Georgia is the home team in Jacksonville.
So unless Georgia is playing Notre Dame or Clemson I doubt they will play us home/home.

Ole Miss... I've gotta get down to Oxford for a game. And that this point in my life, only Syracuse playing there would make it possible.

Counting the days until that Baton Rouge trip. That will be drunky.

I do like my ND trips though. South Bend is a sh!tbox, but my kind of town...Chicago, is where we stay anyway.

I think playing between the hedges would be awfully fun.

We graduate what, 3,000 undergrads who immediately move 5 plus hours away. Far different math than those state schools people continually and unreasonably compare us to.
we're not talking about filling up state school stadiums here

i said we'd have more support at home if alumni got in their cars. which is true.

i didn't say we'd have crowds like state schools

we're not talking about filling up state school stadiums here

i said we'd have more support at home if alumni got in their cars. which is true.

i didn't say we'd have crowds like state schools

The younger alumni, who would typically be the ones with the free time in life to come back, cut their teeth with either a mediocre at best, or terrible at worst program. They don't have nearly the bond that we do with SU football. And who knows if we would if we weren't so relevant at the time we were in school (all 8 years for me).

It's just a real challenge that we'll continue to have until people actually think we can keep pace with the more elite teams, like we used to.

There doesn't even seem to be that Dome advantage, where even if it wasn't full, we just played better there. Clemson comes in and scores at will. We can't keep up, we have nice drive then screw something up. Same with FSU. Even Maryland got such a head start. Louisville comes in with a true freshman QB, and that game just got uglier and uglier. I actually think (to counterpoint Bees main argument) that we probably had a better probability of beating ND in NYC than in the Dome. Based on how we're playing there.

Huh?
What's so difficult to understand?

You stated:
the ACC and ND could have ignored that contract as it relates to the ACC/ND deal.
If so, that means 2 games at the Dome and 2 at South Bend.

Add in the existing contract and you have 2 games at the Dome, 2 games at MetLife (1 was already played) and 4 games at South Bend.

The current arrangement, as predicted by 2 of us here, is the best realistic option.

If you want to keep harping on the MetLife games (which Alsacs has even moved on from), then ... in hindsight was it the best possible deal for SU? No. Was it understandable, given SU's position in the football landscape? Yes.

Time to move on.

Well, earlier in this thread he said that he had. :)
I am okay with MetLife games. I even accept the premise we did the games for money. In the end I am okay with only losing 1 home game because Gross wasn't going to get out of the MetLife contract. I think Gross should have told the fans/media he tried to get out of the games and couldn't for money reasons.
However, when people try to say this series wasn't a midmajor type deal or try to make it look good when if you read Cheriehoop's post which nails it I will rebuke any attempts on spin which make the series look good when its a money deal at best.

Then why didn't we at least get the same ACC deal as Wake Forest, Duke after the MetLife game deal expired? They each have a 2-2 away, home with ND. We have a 2 for 1 away/home as a "reward" for this MetLife deal. Why would or should the MetLife deal affect our ACC schedule with them? If ND tried to justify it by saying that the MetLife deal was to our advantage - then call their bluff and cancel the 2016 contracted game.

ND can spot a sucker thousands of miles away. Win-win for them and we're good in telling ourselves it's a win for us too.

I can not answer why whatever is done. And I don't know about how one "bluffs" during the long-term scheduling game.

I would still say that the rationale for the MetLife deal was sound given the situation we were in. And if the school got several million bucks guaranteed at a time it had a paltry Big East deal, to me, that is worth more to the program than one more home visit in 2021 or whenever.

Watching how empty the Dome was for a strong team like Louisville makes me shake my head on this conversation. It ain't perfect but I can understand how realities factor in.

Then why didn't we at least get the same ACC deal as Wake Forest, Duke after the MetLife game deal expired? They each have a 2-2 away, home with ND. We have a 2 for 1 away/home as a "reward" for this MetLife deal. Why would or should the MetLife deal affect our ACC schedule with them? If ND tried to justify it by saying that the MetLife deal was to our advantage - then call their bluff and cancel the 2016 contracted game.

ND can spot a sucker thousands of miles away. Win-win for them and we're good in telling ourselves it's a win for us too.
2018 had been announced. So that was no shock that it was kept.

We got a 1 & 1 from behind the curtain.

People here told us to expect a 0 & 1...or maybe even a 0 & 2.

Which was hogwash.

The other thing is, lets remember who gets to play in these games.

It's not the fans.

Playing at ND...is a thrill.

Playing at Giants Stadium...is a thrill.

Playing at the Dome...done 6 or 7x a year...is not a thrill.(especially for the fans, judging by attendance #s)

As fans, we are the ones who should never truely leave the program.

Playing and beating nd is huge.

The location is ultimately irrelevant.

The advantages of 1 place over another have been discussed ad nauseam, so I won't continue, but Syracuse won here.

Which was hogwash.

It's not the fans.

Playing at the Dome...done 6 or 7x a year...is not a thrill.(especially for the fans, judging by attendance #s)

The advantages of 1 place over another have been discussed ad nauseam, so I won't continue, but Syracuse won here.

I

Actually

Agree

With

You

On

This

One.

"Playing at the Dome...done 6 or 7x a year...is not a thrill.(especially for the fans, judging by attendance #s)"

great big boo and toss in the hiss!!!!
what you've never seen a great game at the dome????

Moontan said:
What's so difficult to understand? You stated: If so, that means 2 games at the Dome and 2 at South Bend. Add in the existing contract and you have 2 games at the Dome, 2 games at MetLife (1 was already played) and 4 games at South Bend. The current arrangement, as predicted by 2 of us here, is the best realistic option. If you want to keep harping on the MetLife games (which Alsacs has even moved on from), then ... in hindsight was it the best possible deal for SU? No. Was it understandable, given SU's position in the football landscape? Yes. Time to move on.

Still don't get your math. If we had gotten what I suggested, my math says 2 in the dome, 2 at Metlife and 2 at ND. Maybe I'm too tired to understand your math.

Which was hogwash.

It's not the fans.

You should give your number to potential clients on K Street in DC because you sir are good at spin. You can't just change facts to make a deal look the way you want. In the end Syracuse will lose 1 home game I feared we would lose 2 home games and get absolutely no benefit to Notre Dame-ACC affliation. The ACC alleviated that fear and atleast salvaged 1 home game for Syracuse. I am okay with losing 1 home game because we were atleast a high paid 5 letter word for giving up a home game.

Syracuse will visit Notre Dame 2 times, host Notre Dame 1 time, and play 2 neutral site games. We got a 1-2-2 series which is a lot better than 0-2-2. I can be reasonable and for the greater good accept losing 1 home, but this white washing of positive spin that you and the people liking MadNY's post is honestly amazing. I am happy people like playing games in NYC, but you people ignore the fact Syracuse is being played by Notre Dame and are making it seem like we are winning this deal. Again, we are likely getting some fee for the games in NYC however nobody knows the actual amount and just like the "Great Lie" when something is repeated enough times its get the perception of reality. I am sure we are getting a good amount of money, but that doesn't make a midmajor deal anything different than a midmajor deal that paid Syracuse more money.
Fact: Every ACC team except Syracuse will host Notre Dame on their campus 2 times except Syracuse.

We didn't play Notre Dame 2 times at home instead Dr. Gross most likely couldn't get out of the Metlife contract and had to sacrifice a home game for the $$$ . Just stop trying to make this deal seem like we are winning. We aren't winning, but you people just spread this spin and want people who don't pay attention to actually think we are winning the deal when the deal just doesn't suck badly. We lost 1 home game which isn't good, but nothing to be major upset about.

You should give your number to potential clients on K Street in DC because you sir are good at spin. You can't just change facts to make a deal look the way you want. In the end Syracuse will lose 1 home game I feared we would lose 2 home games and get absolutely no benefit to Notre Dame-ACC affliation. The ACC alleviated that fear and atleast salvaged 1 home game for Syracuse. I am okay with losing 1 home game because we were atleast a high paid 5 letter word for giving up a home game.

Syracuse will visit Notre Dame 2 times, host Notre Dame 1 time, and play 2 neutral site games. We got a 1-2-2 series which is a lot better than 0-2-2. I can be reasonable and for the greater good accept losing 1 home, but this white washing of positive spin that you and the people liking MadNY's post is honestly amazing. I am happy people like playing games in NYC, but you people ignore the fact Syracuse is being played by Notre Dame and are making it seem like we are winning this deal. Again, we are likely getting some fee for the games in NYC however nobody knows the actual amount and just like the "Great Lie" when something is repeated enough times its get the perception of reality. I am sure we are getting a good amount of money, but that doesn't make a midmajor deal anything different than a midmajor deal that paid Syracuse more money.
Fact: Every ACC team except Syracuse will host Notre Dame on their campus 2 times except Syracuse.

We didn't play Notre Dame 2 times at home instead Dr. Gross most likely couldn't get out of the Metlife contract and had to sacrifice a home game for the $$$ . Just stop trying to make this deal seem like we are winning. We aren't winning, but you people just spread this spin and want people who don't pay attention to actually think we are winning the deal when the deal just doesn't suck badly. We lost 1 home game which isn't good, but nothing to be major upset about.
But we did win. Assuming you are correct (that TGD couldn't get out of the contract), we got $$$ when we needed it, national exposure from playing in MetLife (which recruits like, whether some in this thread care to admit it or not), a game in front of NYC/NJ alumni and fans, and now you get ND in the Dome. All for giving up one ND game in the Dome. I get the fact that some are p!ssed about losing one ND home game, but based on where we were and what we thought we had to do to survive, seems like a small price to pay, IMO.

But we did win. Assuming you are correct (that TGD couldn't get out of the contract), we got $$$ when we needed it, national exposure from playing in MetLife (which recruits like, whether some in this thread care to admit it or not), a game in front of NYC/NJ alumni and fans, and now you get ND in the Dome. All for giving up one ND game in the Dome. I get the fact that some are p!ssed about losing one ND home game, but based on where we were and what we thought we had to do to survive, seems like a small price to pay, IMO.
Listen we are all Syracuse fans. Just do whatever if you want to response to my posts go ahead, but after you ignored my post in response to you yesterday and I just going to say no more in response your posts. Go ahead and respond to my posts, but respectfully I am done responding to you. Al you needed to respond was I disagree and I would have been okay. I didn't want to have the discussion because the opposing side on that debate is mind boggling for any Syracuse fan, but saying you disagreed would have been suffice you didn't.Good day.

Listen we are all Syracuse fans. Just do whatever if you want to response to my posts go ahead, but after you ignored my post in response to you yesterday and I just going to say no more in response your posts. Go ahead and respond to my posts, but respectfully I am done responding to you. Al you needed to respond was I disagree and I would have been okay. I didn't want to have the discussion because the opposing side on that debate is mind boggling for any Syracuse fan, but saying you disagreed would have been suffice you didn't.Good day.
Thanks - I didn't realize I was prohibited from responding to you with more than 'I disagree'. I disagree.

Thanks - I didn't realize I was prohibited from responding to you with more than 'I disagree'. I disagree.
I said I disagree would have been suffice. I never said you couldn't respond and that I didn't want to have that debate if you/others disagreed with the last paragraph I wrote in response to you yesterday. Please don't try to make it seem like I said you couldn't respond to my post yesterday.

Now I just outlined to you why I am done responding to your points today because of your lack of a response to post I made to your attempt to try and make a point or something to me.

I said I disagree would have been suffice. I never said you couldn't respond and that I didn't want to have that debate if you/others disagreed with the last paragraph I wrote in response to you yesterday. Please don't try to make it seem like I said you couldn't respond to my post yesterday.

Now I just outlined to you why I am done responding to your points today because of your lack of a response to post I made to your attempt to try and make a point or something to me.
At the risk of offending you by not responding to your post (again, apparently), I'm out. Peace

college-photo_1554..jpg

how-charlie-sheen-is-winning-with-tiger-blood.jpg

and i prefer to call the scheduling 212...

nyc-skyline-randy-levenson.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom