Adam Weitsman has been cautious about NIL | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman has been cautious about NIL

I can only hope that's true. The other day I was in the forest. A huge tree fell right in front of me and I didn't hear a thing. Do you "know" if that is significant?
Have you had your hearing checked lately? *s*

People who say "who cares" or "odd" to Weitsman bringing celebrities to the Dome/ around SU really do not get the big picture of modern college athletics. In a year like this when there's absolutely zero momentum around the program, the need to stay relevant is more crucial than ever, especially to recruits. This is a recruiting tool.

Complain about the on-court product all you want, the guy bringing more star power and eyes to the program is not and will not be the issue.
Drop those bags on future players instead. Let's go all in and get diiirty

Having celebrities come to games just is not that big of a deal. There were 100 other things going on in the sports world when brady and edelman came.

Check the espn account that posted it and count how many other stories they posted about, and what got the post likes/views.

No one on here even knows what celebrities are paid to do the same thing with boosters like Weitsman at other programs because it is not a big deal, this happens at a lot of places. There is literally an official service that he and those like him use to book celebrities to hang with them.

The sitting President went to the LSU BAMA football game and that was not some earth shattering moment. I don't think anyone is opposed to Weitsman doing what boosters do at the schools who play to win which is bring us top players.

But the whole let me pay a celebrity to sit next to be courtside so I can gain social media followers act runs a bit dry when we have won 58% of our games the past 8 seasons and the dome is now empty.

Fair enough. I’m reading tweets and posts by the same people saying this is going to end badly when they said the same thing 5 years ago.

I see otherwise smart people asking why the university puts him front and center.

Well it’s clear he’s been donating money somewhere.

Just wish these people would realize they’ve repeated the same thing going on 5 or 6 years now.
A lot of people here have wanted JB to step down for 5 or 6 years now, and were mocked and called names for suggesting that he retire. And now...

For the record, on a 1-10 excitement level about Weitsman bringing Giannis to the Dome, I am somewhere between a 1 and a 2 and probably closer to a 1. Frankly I don't want to hear anything about the guy spending money unless it helps us with recruits and NIL. I would have rather he legally helped brought JJ Starling to the program as instead of hanging at the Dome with Brady, Giannis or any other celeb who can't help the program on the court.

Last edited:
For the record, on a 1-10 excitement level about Weitsman bringing Giannis to the Dome, I am somewhere between a 1 and a 2 and probably closer to a 1. Frankly I don't want to hear anything about the guy spending money unless it helps us with recruits and NIL. I would have rather he brought JJ Starling to the Dome as instead of Brady, Giannis or any other celeb who can't help the program on the court.
No you woudn't. That would be an NCAA violation if a booster like him brought Starling to the Dome.

For the record, on a 1-10 excitement level about Weitsman bringing Giannis to the Dome, I am somewhere between a 1 and a 2 and probably closer to a 1. Frankly I don't want to hear anything about the guy spending money unless it helps us with recruits and NIL. I would have rather he legally helped brought JJ Starling to the program as instead of hanging at the Dome with Brady, Giannis or any other celeb who can't help the program on the court.
L

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom