After getting ejected, do you want to see Hunt play against Central Michigan | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

After getting ejected, do you want to see Hunt play against Central Michigan

Do you want Hunt to play against Central Michigan

• Yes

Votes: 73 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 29.7%

• Total voters
It was very curious to me when our starting QB was not named captain (I wanted to post that when captains were announced but did not want to be negative).. There seems to be a little more clarity why his teammates did not vote him captain now... Unfortunately

I didn't find it curious at all. All 4 captains are seniors. Being the QB, you're the de facto leader of the offense anyway. The voting was weighted by class so voting for a senior carried more weight than a vote for a junior, soph, etc. Doesn't mean he won't be a captain when he's a senior. You're certain that he didn't receive any votes for captain? Shafer said there were 20 players who received votes. Can you tell me who the other 16 were who did receive votes and weren't elected captain?

Ok, he threw a punch. Completely overreacted to what he thought was a cheap shot. Even if he was correct you can't punch someone. That said he was ejected. End of story. Yes he should play. There is no indication that he has an anger management issue. No track record. He is a good kid who messed up. Put him on notice. Tell him you believe he is better than that. Then move on.

Can someone copy/paste the rule so we can see if it fully applies? I have not actually seen the rule.

I stand corrected on my previous post about ACC jurisdiction.

I actually just read the rule, the NCAA (joke) rule states that if a player is ejected during the first half of a game then he is not able to play the second half. If ejected during the 2nd half then he cannot play the forst half of the next game.

It does state that en ejection warrants a mandatory video review by the conference to see if any further disciplinary actions can/will be taken.

I am sure the ACC will have to review.

CuseOnly said:
I stand corrected on my previous post about ACC jurisdiction. I actually just read the rule, the NCAA (joke) rule states that if a player is ejected during the first half of a game then he is not able to play the second half. If ejected during the 2nd half then he cannot play the forst half of the next game. It does state that en ejection warrants a mandatory video review by the conference to see if any further disciplinary actions can/will be taken. I am sure the ACC will have to review.

Do they really need to state that if a player is ejected in the 1st half that he can't play in the 2nd half?

Yes I do just like I wanted Boeheim to coach in the next game. And I'll tell ya, while I fully supported what Boeheim did his actions were a bigger embarrassment.

Do they really need to state that if a player is ejected in the 1st half that he can't play in the 2nd half?

I know, just telling you how it reads. Half of the garbage in there makes no sense.

I find it crazy that we (not me) are the only ones that find that this is an issue. Most news and sports media haven't given this story barely a sniff and Syracuse.com and our own fanbase are treating it like it is the end of the world.

I find it crazy that we (not me) are the only ones that find that this is an issue. Most news and sports media haven't given this story barely a sniff and Syracuse.com and our own fanbase are treating it like it is the end of the world.
Perhaps we have higher standards for what is acceptable behavior.

Perhaps we have higher standards for what is acceptable behavior.

Yea, and we have higher thresholds of negativity.

If nobody in the sports world gives a rip, why don't we just drop it like they have. Or are we just morally above everybody? We have pretty lofty opinions of ourselves in that case.

I stand corrected on my previous post about ACC jurisdiction.

I actually just read the rule, the NCAA (joke) rule states that if a player is ejected during the first half of a game then he is not able to play the second half. If ejected during the 2nd half then he cannot play the forst half of the next game.

It does state that en ejection warrants a mandatory video review by the conference to see if any further disciplinary actions can/will be taken.

I am sure the ACC will have to review.
Sorry, I meant the rule about a punch or swing or ? being a mandatory ejection. As much as people have stated how it is, I have not seen anyone actually cite the actual rule. I would just like to see the wording because there are many variations of a "punch".

Absolutely yes. He will come back HARD

I agree. At worst the punishment should be some anger management classes from the coaches. He was ejected from the game. Lesson learned.

I agree. At worst the punishment should be some anger management classes from the coaches. He was ejected from the game. Lesson learned.
I am sure Shafer has already ripped him.

I would have been pissed too if after being down a second defender tackled my neck/helmet and tried to pull off my helmet. I mean.. the tackle was made solely on the neck and up to the head, with a late hit, with the guy trying to pull on the facemask/helmet afterwards. How's there no penalty on that? Was surprised there wasn't a concussion reported. That's a dangerous play. He's probably feeling some good whiplash after that one.

Last edited:
I don't get this thread at all. He did something wrong and he was punished according to the rules. And I'm sure it was doubly bad because of that whole "I'm the leader" dialogue. Kid had to feel absolutely awful. He almost cost us the game. The sentence was served.

If a penalty had not been called on the play, no one would be talking about this. The replay would have shown the frustration of Hunt after having been abused on the play and his wiff of a punch. Then, we'd laugh and move on.

Yes learn your lesson and move on

Because the game sucked and it's the first time in the history of SU football games that everyone can agree on that. So this is the only other thing to talk about for the next two weeks.

Most likely the board will get bored discussing this in a couple days because the whole thread could be condensed into about 2 - 3 posts, total. By Wednesday or Thursday I predict we will have a couple uniform threads, some OT posts about injured players that aren't SU players and aren't even in the ACC, and we'll start the over/under for the next game.

Should we start the over/under for the above paragraph?

The ACC will suspend him for a game for us, so our MUST win game vs maryland will for all intents and purposes be Hunts 1st game.

unlikely he gets suspended further for the short punch since he had to sit out the entire second half and half the 2nd q after a late hit