AJ Long medically disqualified due to multiple concussions..transferring | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

AJ Long medically disqualified due to multiple concussions..transferring

Not saying this is going on here, but whats to stop schools from deeming kids inelegible to play based off what they deem to be career ending injuries/circumstances? What happens with the scholarship? Are there policies in place to prevent this from being abused by schools to turnover the roster/scholarship?

Not saying this is going on here, but whats to stop schools from deeming kids inelegible to play based off what they deem to be career ending injuries/circumstances? What happens with the scholarship? Are there policies in place to prevent this from being abused by schools to turnover the roster/scholarship?

The injured player gets transferred to a "Medical Retired Scholarship".

He can stay in school to get his degree and he doesn't count against the 85 player limit.

not a good look
But here's my thing.

AJ admitted that he's had concussions he hasn't told people about. ("I couldn't even tell you how many (concussions) I possibly had in the last three or four years. And I didn't want to bring them forward because I knew my time would be done.")

He was also quoted saying that he and his family discussed things and had "six days to prepare" for the medical disqualification.

So what the hell is Ace talking about?

So does AJ take zero responsibility for hiding previous concussions (which he admitted he did) here, or is his dad just going to ignore that part of this equation?

Don't worry, Ace will end up suing whatever program clears AJ to play. I am no doctor, but based on him getting a concussion from a fall out of bed, the kid sure as hell should not play again. As far as HCSS talking to the Long family, I don't know. two sides to everything.

Don't worry, Ace will end up suing whatever program clears AJ to play. I am no doctor, but based on him getting a concussion from a fall out of bed, the kid sure as hell should not play again. As far as HCSS talking to the Long family, I don't know. two sides to everything.
I'm not inclined to side with Ace after some of the things I've heard he's said, including about how the coaches were trying to screw his kid over by playing Eric Dungey instead of AJ.

I'm not inclined to side with Ace after some of the things I've heard he's said, including about how the coaches were trying to screw his kid over by playing Eric Dungey instead of AJ.

he said that? yeah, can't believe the staff would play a kid who is probably 5X better than Ace's kid.

he said that? yeah, can't believe the staff would play a kid who is probably 5X better than Ace's kid.
I wouldn't normally put it out there, but I think it needs to be clear that this dude has an agenda and expected his kid to be handed the reins. Something gets in the way of that, it's someone else's fault.

I wouldn't normally put it out there, but I think it needs to be clear that this dude has an agenda and expected his kid to be handed the reins. Something gets in the way of that, it's someone else's fault.

it is very clear he has an agenda. FYI, his tweet was favorited by one person: Deion Hallmon's mom. She must blame HCSS for her son being a trainwreck too.

it is very clear he has an agenda. FYI, his tweet was favorited by one person: Deion Hallmon's mom. She must blame HCSS for her son being a trainwreck too.

Holy crap, what are the odds of that?????

what's the over/under on how many hours until the PS writes an article about Ace's tweet? I say 3 hours.

New to this board and have a couple connections within the program, don't want to publicly say their names for many reasons but I have been friends with them for a while. As far as AJ goes don't want to go into to much detail but the team won't be missing much. Good kid for the most part he's just in the wrong situation. As far as Clark goes, in my opinion coaches made the right decision based on what I have heard, granted not much is being allowed to be told about this situation.

2 things:

1. It's not Shafer's word vs Ace Long's word. It's the Syracuse medical staff vs Ace Long. If he thinks the DQ is bunk he's implying those guys are not pro's.

2. So he's upset that Shafer didn't call him? That's a very minor misstep. I would hope Shafer would. Are we saying Shafer hasn't talked with AJ about it? I highly doubt that.

2 things:

1. It's not Shafer's word vs Ace Long's word. It's the Syracuse medical staff vs Ace Long. If he thinks the DQ is bunk he's implying those guys are not pro's.

2. So he's upset that Shafer didn't call him? That's a very minor misstep. I would hope Shafer would. Are we saying Shafer hasn't talked with AJ about it? I highly doubt that.
AJ said in multiple interviews that he and his family knew a week in advance about the possibility of a medical DQ. He said in those interviews that he called his parents and talked to them about it, and they all discussed what it means, etc.

This wasn't anything that came as a shock to the Longs.

jekelish said:
AJ said in multiple interviews that he and his family knew a week in advance about the possibility of a medical DQ. He said in those interviews that he called his parents and talked to them about it, and they all discussed what it means, etc. This wasn't anything that came as a shock to the Longs.

Yeah - sounds like he wanted a "sorry your son can't play anymore" phone call.

But the fact that he's still trying to play football tells me they are not trusting the Syracuse staff. And the tone of his tweet makes me think he thinks that Shafer forced the DQ. But I'm pretty sure that's not how it works at Syracuse.

Yeah - sounds like he wanted a "sorry your son can't play anymore" phone call.

But the fact that he's still trying to play football tells me they are not trusting the Syracuse staff. And the tone of his tweet makes me think he thinks that Shafer forced the DQ. But I'm pretty sure that's not how it works at Syracuse.
Yeah, that wouldn't make much sense. AJ would be at worst the #3 QB and possibly #2. I don't think that the staff would falsify concussion results to force AJ out. Especially when AJ admits to having even more than what the staff knows about.