Akok Akok in the portal | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Akok Akok in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Big ten team. Georgetown. Tournament in NYC. Bryant. Colgate. Cornell. 4 other tomato cans.

ACC schedule that’s announced years in advance.

An easier non-conference slate early in the season would give the freshman a chance to adjust to the college game. That would be better than racking up tons of losses before they get the hang of it, and then having to dig out of a hole. They'll get their Q1/2 games in the ACC, and hopefully some good non-conference games sprinkled in the middle of the season. Strength of schedule is important and usually we don't want a cupcake of a schedule, but if there was ever a year to ease into it, this would be the one.
Just no BigEast teams, the officiating in those games is contemptable.

A win against a really crappy team has to be better than a loss to somewhat crappy team. Doesn't
1 Big ten team. Georgetown. Tournament in NYC. Bryant. Colgate. Cornell. 4 other tomato cans.

We lost to Georgetown and Colgate last year with a better team. No guarantees.

Should be:

at Boston College
at Pittsburgh
at Georgia Tech
at Notre Dame
at Virginia
at Virginia Tech
at Clemson
at Florida St
at Louisville
at Miami
Boston College
Pittsburgh
Georgia Tech
Notre Dame
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Duke
North Carolina
NC State
Wake Forest

Should be:

at Boston College
at Pittsburgh
at Georgia Tech
at Notre Dame
at Virginia
at Virginia Tech
at Clemson
at Florida St
at Louisville
at Miami
Boston College
Pittsburgh
Georgia Tech
Notre Dame
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Duke
North Carolina
NC State
Wake Forest

Should be:

at Boston College
at Pittsburgh
at Georgia Tech
at Notre Dame
at Virginia
at Virginia Tech
at Clemson
at Florida St
at Louisville
at Miami
Boston College
Pittsburgh
Georgia Tech
Notre Dame
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Duke
North Carolina
NC State
Wake Forest
Bryant got couple transfers in

I have no problem with the Jimmy Boeheim commitment.

The problem is the statement made or attributed to Coach Boeheim about taking one year transfers.

Jimmy Boeheim did an admirable job but he did not have to start. JAB felt comfortable with playing him. JAB could have had played Ben Williams early on and give him more playing time thus providing him needed experience. He made the choice to play the player with more experience.

it was a strategy but it did limit his number 1 recruit who he had complained was not improving and not producing as fast as expected.

I assumed going into last year that Benny would start or at least take over the position as the season progressed. But he didn't progress so it never happened. And, no I don't think Jim would have started Jimmy over Benny if Benny was clearly the better option.

I thought the ACC refs were terrible this year too.
You mean like at Wake when 2 Wake players bumped Buddy from behind on that inbound and it wasn't clear who the ball went off and they awarded it to Wake? Should have been a foul and game over, but ACC refs have to protect the GOB's.

We’re replacing three seniors, including Buddy, with essentially three freshmen. For all intents and purposes, Benny is a freshman. He barely played last year and has to prove he can contribute. A .500 season is probably the ceiling this year.

We're replacing three seniors people complained about all year with freshmen who seem to have the qualities they lacked. But people will complain about them, too.

We're replacing three seniors people complained about all year with freshmen who seem to have the qualities they lacked. But people will complain about them, too.
True.

Just not sure about the qualities. Folks are going to be disappointed.

With all the portal subtractions, additions must be a much more difficult job to scout teams, especially early in the season.

This is a cheap shot. People complained about a team that could shoot but put 4 guys on the floor who couldn't play defense. This coming season, there will be players who should be able to play defense better, but probably can't because they're freshmen and there's a convoluted system in place. And also they're freshmen.

It's like replacing a moldy old cheeseburger with a pudding of chilled monkey brain and bitching that you kids can't ever be happy.

What’s the problem with chilled monkey brain? Dam whippersnappers! :mad:
indiana-jones.gif

This is a cheap shot. People complained about a team that could shoot but put 4 guys on the floor who couldn't play defense. This coming season, there will be players who should be able to play defense better, but probably can't because they're freshmen and there's a convoluted system in place. And also they're freshmen.

It's like replacing a moldy old cheeseburger with a pudding of chilled monkey brain and bitching that you kids can't ever be happy.

No, it's like seeing people who complained all year about the players we had start complaining about next year's players six months before the season even starts.

I complained last year because I thought we wouldn't be good going into the season. I'm very worried we won't be good again this year, but trying to find a little bit of hope (Jesse, Judah, Joe at the 2, etc). Fingers crossed because I'm an idiot.

Last year's team. This year's team. We are in a bad spot and have been for a while. I'm *hoping* for the best possible outcome, but I realize that we're probably in for another mediocre season at best.

No, it's like seeing people who complained all year about the players we had start complaining about next year's players six months before the season even starts.
But they're for different reasons. That's the point. Next year's team, barring some surprising leaps in talent, isn't inspiring confidence in the fanbase. That's not a fault of the fan base. That's an AD/Coach problem.

No, it's like seeing people not drink kool aid about a tremendously flawed team that produced the first losing record in 46 years, endured awful losses, and flirted with the .500 mark all season long.

Under those circumstances, it's not "complaining" -- it's objective assessment of the subpar team performance and the limitations of the personnel.

You're prebitching... Can't you at least wait until something has gone wrong before bitching?

I think there is a chance JB picked his recruits well and they are going to surprise us in a positive way and restore our long earned faith in JB.

Last edited:
I complained last year because I thought we wouldn't be good going into the season. I'm very worried we won't be good again this year, but trying to find a little bit of hope (Jesse, Judah, Joe at the 2, etc). Fingers crossed because I'm an idiot.

Last year's team. This year's team. We are in a bad spot and have been for a while. I'm *hoping* for the best possible outcome, but I realize that we're probably in for another mediocre season at best.

Yup -- agree across the board.

I got evicerated after the exhibition games for condescending to suggest that I was concerned that last year's team might be the worst one in my lifetime, that it was the least athletic lineup in JB's tenure, that I was concerned about the dearth of bench scoring, and that defense / the ability to handle on-the-ball defensive pressure were both massive causes for concern.

To some, I guess that's "complaining."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors