Am I the only one who is concerned? | Syracusefan.com

Am I the only one who is concerned?

SUMBA

2nd String
Am I the only one who is concerned about our lack of inside scoring? Most of our points inside seem to come from offensive put backs or flashy assists from our guards. When we get into the BE portion of the schedule I am concerned that we will get fewer of these opportunities.

I would feel much more confident if we had one guy who could score consistently from the blocks. Without that guy, we are a jump shooting team. A loaded one, but a jump shooting team nonetheless. I love to have one go to guy down low to get the points in the pain. Dajuan may develop into that guy as the season progresses but he has to be better with the ball around the basket.

Between Rak and DC2 i think we'll be fine. Now if DC2 would stop chucking it off the backboard from 3 feet away we'll be golden.

DC is only playing his 7th game. He's still getting used to college ball. Rak is inconsistent, I grant you. Some take longer than others. I'm not worried...yet. If they haven't improved and stepped up by mid-February, then I'll start being concerned.

Rakeem showed more ability to scoop up a difficult pass and finish with authority than anyone we've had down low in eight or nine years.

Other than that, there's a Mickey Rivers quote that would answer your question. Low-post offense is probably not going to be a strength for us this season (not in the near-term, at least). Going forward, can our guys do enough down there to keep defenses honest?

Concerned may be a strong word for me, but I thought about it during the game last night.

Rak and DC2 have some ability to score inside, but they are not consistent.

I'm not sure it's a killer though. As shown during the SDSU game, Fair, MCW, and Triche all have strong slashing aspects to their game. If the inside game was o completely non- existent some night, JB could throw Grant in there, who also has shown great ability in getting to the basket.

Concerned may be a strong word for me, but I thought about it during the game last night.

Rak and DC2 have some ability to score inside, but they are not consistent.

I'm not sure it's a killer though. As shown during the SDSU game, Fair, MCW, and Triche all have strong slashing aspects to their game. If the inside game was o completely non- existent some night, JB could throw Grant in there, who also has shown great ability in getting to the basket.

Mike made a good decisive move and finished with his left hand in the first couple minutes last night. Don't think he did that once last year. That will be valuable.

Am I the only one who is concerned about our lack of inside scoring? Most of our points inside seem to come from offensive put backs or flashy assists from our guards. When we get into the BE portion of the schedule I am concerned that we will get fewer of these opportunities.

I would feel much more confident if we had one guy who could score consistently from the blocks. Without that guy, we are a jump shooting team. A loaded one, but a jump shooting team nonetheless. I love to have one go to guy down low to get the points in the pain. Dajuan may develop into that guy as the season progresses but he has to be better with the ball around the basket.

I forgot that Fab Melo was such an offensive monster last year. We are getting 18+ points from our big men this year compared to 12+ a year ago. MCW is much better at getting the ball to our big men in position to score. We are fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom