...And ladies and gentlemen... | Syracusefan.com

...And ladies and gentlemen...

Jake

Mod
There is your rotation. Roberson and Patterson 6 & 7...Johnson will get looks if needed and Onokoh only when desperation sets in.

Last edited:
Lrschill24 said:
do you mean Patterson as #7?

Yep. Got on of the "My Three Sons" messed up.

Know it's beating a dead horse but...to play only 7 guys in an 18 point win in December over Long Beach State (including Mike G & Trevor both playing the entire games) is short-sighted & does not help this team in the long run, IMO.

Wish BJ & Chino would have gotten into the game, and also wish Roberson played more than 19 mins. I just don't see how playing Trevor for the entire game & not getting BJ any playing time at all is a good strategy. At this point, the potential for improvement in his game due to game experience for Trevor has to be minimal at best...while BJ would theoretically have the opportunity to grow as a player with, say, 5-10 mins of game experience.

And this would help in the long term in the instance when Trevor is having a poor shooting night & we would like to have a legit option in BJ/Patterson to replace him with to see if one of them was having a better shooting night. But I know JB obviously disagrees, and thus, this will not change.

Chino's left wrist and thumb was wrapped up again today.

Hope it's nothing.

Today JB used Roberson and Patterson to spell his Frosh when they screwed up.

Know it's beating a dead horse but...to play only 7 guys in an 18 point win in December over Long Beach State (including Mike G & Trevor both playing the entire games) is short-sighted & does not help this team in the long run, IMO.

Wish BJ & Chino would have gotten into the game, and also wish Roberson played more than 19 mins. I just don't see how playing Trevor for the entire game & not getting BJ any playing time at all is a good strategy. At this point, the potential for improvement in his game due to game experience for Trevor has to be minimal at best...while BJ would theoretically have the opportunity to grow as a player with, say, 5-10 mins of game experience.

And this would help in the long term in the instance when Trevor is having a poor shooting night & we would like to have a legit option in BJ/Patterson to replace him with to see if one of them was having a better shooting night. But I know JB obviously disagrees, and thus, this will not change.

WELL HOW MANY GAMES HAVE YOU WON??????

:D

In a normal year that may be a concern, but this team needs to gel together and even the first stringers need to find their game and their confidence. The rotation for this game was actually pretty uncharacteristic. Joseph sat for a big stretch of the first half and McCullough also sat for a good duration. No way you take G out with how well he was playing especially when it fits very well into him 'finding himself' within the team concept and the position(s) he is being asked to play.

I would say three, plus a few Big East titles as well.

Clarified question: How many slipped away that were the result of players not being in the rotation that you feel should have been in the rotation?

I can't think of a single NC we let slip away because someone didn't play more in the regular season.

Some will tell you if Riley had played 10min a game through the conference season we might have won that one without Arinze which is laughable when you look at the rest of Riley's career. Not to mention removing the 2nd post player completely changed the offensive dynamic of that squad.

Edit: Others will say MCW as a freshman would have made a big enough difference late in the season to counteract the loss of Fab. Again sort of funny when you consider the ridiculously high level of guard play we had that season between Scoop, Brandon and Dion.

Some will tell you if Riley had played 10min a game through the conference season we might have won that one without Arinze which is laughable when you look at the rest of Riley's career. Not to mention removing the 2nd post player completely changed the offensive dynamic of that squad.

Not to mention, playing Riley 10 mpg in the Big East would have almost definitely resulted in a few more losses and a 2 or 3 seed. In all the minutes he got at Eastern Michigan, he didn't show much improvement, so it's a little crazy to think 10 mpg would have made any significant impact on his game.

Not to mention, playing Riley 10 mpg in the Big East would have almost definitely resulted in a few more losses and a 2 or 3 seed. In all the minutes he got at Eastern Michigan, he didn't show much improvement, so it's a little crazy to think 10 mpg would have made any significant impact on his game.

It really is too bad AO got hurt though because that Championship was ripe for the picking. There is no guarantee that we win with AO but I feel we would have been the favorites. We absolutely wiped out Gonzaga in the 2nd round without AO and I thought we outplayed Butler but got boned on some really bad no calls against them late. Butler of course made the finals against a Duke squad who was undoubtedly the weakest one K ever went to the FF with. I have a hard time convincing myself we wouldn't have won that championship with Arinze!

It really is too bad AO got hurt though because that Championship was ripe for the picking. There is no guarantee that we win with AO but I feel we would have been the favorites. We absolutely wiped out Gonzaga in the 2nd round without AO and I thought we outplayed Butler but got boned on some really bad no calls against them late. Butler of course made the finals against a Duke squad who was undoubtedly the weakest one K ever went to the FF with. I have a hard time convincing myself we wouldn't have won that championship with Arinze!

I wasn't alive for the Smart shot, so the loss of Onuaku, resulting in the Butler loss is the closest I've felt to having a National Championship ripped from our hands. At least with the Smart shot, it was a matter of our best effort vs. the opponent's best effort and they just happended to make a basket at the right time. Again, not having lived through it, I can handle that. It's hard to cope with losing to a team in the Tourney that you would have beaten 8/10 times at full strength. This is what gets me the most angry at arguments about Syracuse underperforming in the NCAAT. There is some validity to the argument, but Boeheim could very easily be sitting pretty with 3 Titles under his belt.

I wasn't alive for the Smart shot, so the loss of Onuaku, resulting in the Butler loss is the closest I've felt to having a National Championship ripped from our hands. At least with the Smart shot, it was a matter of our best effort vs. the opponent's best effort and they just happended to make a basket at the right time. Again, not having lived through it, I can handle that. It's hard to cope with losing to a team in the Tourney that you would have beaten 8/10 times at full strength. This is what gets me the most angry at arguments about Syracuse underperforming in the NCAAT. There is some validity to the argument, but Boeheim could very easily be sitting pretty with 3 Titles under his belt.

Still had to win 3 more games. Odd thing about the Smart shot is no one called timeout after it went through.

It was the missed front end that cost us that game. We also lost Alfred just a few times in that 2nd half allowing them to close the gap. The non time out was pretty strange because it I think the shot went in with a couple seconds left.

Still had to win 3 more games. Odd thing about the Smart shot is no one called timeout after it went through.

Agreed on both counts. No guarantee but like I said above I have a hard time convincing myself we don't win that one with Arinze.

Agreed on both counts. No guarantee but like I said above I have a hard time convincing myself we don't win that one with Arinze.

Agreed but games are so goofy...some kid can go nuts from 3, we might not be able to hit the side of the barn on any given night, foul trouble...it's how I rationally (fool myself not to ) get bent on a Sweet 16 loss years later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom