Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virginia is just very well coached. They don't need stars to execute. And they continuously develop players. Guys will step in and do well. That being said, I think Brogden and Gill were both special players for them. They may take a half step back this year, unless someone can completely fill Brogden and Gill's shoes.
Totally agree with this. Fuentes is solid and can be a killer from deep. But Brogden and Gill made that team special (and Justin Anderson 2 years ago ... they were loaded). Some good pieces coming along (a couple of younger 6'10 bigs) and always well coached - Fuentes returning to run the offense. But without Gill, Brogden and don't forget Tobey (7 footer) ... not sure they'll get back to the elite status they've had.

Last edited:
Most basketball people think that Miami is just as good as us. They have Newton at the pt. A big time 2 guard coming in just like us. And their front court is a lot like ours.
No way. lol. Rodriguez, McClellen and Jekiri are all gone .. the core of that team. Like UVA, they'll rebuild with quality and are well coached. I'm not saying they'll be bad, but they won't have our talent level next season even w/out White. And with White, not even close (IMO).

Totally agree with this. Fuentes is solid and can be a killer from deep. But Brogden and Gill made that team special (and Justin Anderson 2 years ago ... they were loaded. Some good pieces coming along (a couple of younger 6'10 bigs) and always well coached - Fuentes returning to run the offense. But without Gill, Brogden and don't forget Tobey (7 footer) ... not sure they'll get back to the elite status they've had.

Austin Nichols will be huge for them

No way. lol. Rodriguez, McClellen and Jekiri are all gone .. the core of that team. Like UVA, they'll rebuild with quality and are well coached. I'm not saying they'll be bad, but they won't have our talent level next season even w/out White. And with White, not even close (IMO).
We have two top level players in other schools minds. So do they.

We have two top level players in other schools minds. So do they.
Assuming you mean Battle and Lydon, but then we're loaded on the front line with size, depth and experience. Add a shooter like White and we roll them.

Most basketball people think that Miami is just as good as us. They have Newton at the pt. A big time 2 guard coming in just like us. And their front court is a lot like ours.
When they do something, anything in the NCAA Tournament, I'll care what they look like. Until then, you can't make an argument to me that Miami is in any way comparable to Syracuse. This guy wants to go to the NBA, right? Yea...Miami, that's the ticket. They bringing in the big guns like Shane Larkin on this one?

When AW3 has his mind made up.

This is what you chose to come out of the woodwork for? Arguing semantics?
Ha, yes. Not semantics. It's ridiculous to think a college student shouldn't lean on advice from his dad. It's not "meddling." It's their lives. And I say "their" consciously. I guarantee I'll be advising my kids when they're in school and making life-impacting decisions...and it would behoove them to at least consider my council, since they will have no real sense of the world at that point. He is NOT an adult who would be smart to leverage all autonomy here, even though that's his right. That's what you said originally...and that is a horribly self-serving, shortsighted pov...and not one you would feel the same way about it he was thought to be a shoe-in one place but considering last minute visits to SU.

May have been answered already but when is the deadline to enroll into a grad program at cuse?
classes start when?

When AW3 has his mind made up. This is what you chose to come out of the woodwork for? Arguing semantics?

Your proof that his mind is made up is what exactly?

There is a phrase that goes something like "make a plan, work the plan." Maybe the plan was pick 3 schools and visit them all before deciding.
People who have no investment in these all important choices of others are pretty cavalier with their advice.

Your proof that his mind is made up is what exactly?
There is a phrase that goes something like "make a plan, work the plan." Maybe the plan was pick 3 schools and visit them all before deciding.
People who have no investment in these all important choices of others are pretty cavalier with their advice.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you might not have seen my previous post, but I said this was all speculation. I have no proof. He asked me a specific question and I provided the answer.

Ha, yes. Not semantics. It's ridiculous to think a college student shouldn't lean on advice from his dad. It's not "meddling." It's their lives. And I say "their" consciously. I guarantee I'll be advising my kids when they're in school and making life-impacting decisions...and it would behoove them to at least consider my council, since they will have no real sense of the world at that point. He is NOT an adult who would be smart to leverage all autonomy here, even though that's his right. That's what you said originally...and that is a horribly self-serving, shortsighted pov...and not one you would feel the same way about it he was thought to be a shoe-in one place but considering last minute visits to SU.
Actually, you still don't understand what I said originally. There was nuance. You missed it.

When they do something, anything in the NCAA Tournament, I'll care what they look like. Until then, you can't make an argument to me that Miami is in any way comparable to Syracuse. This guy wants to go to the NBA, right? Yea...Miami, that's the ticket. They bringing in the big guns like Shane Larkin on this one?
I in no way, was comparing the Miami program with the Syracuse program. I'm just saying that for this year, at this time, Miami is considered an equal to Syracuse. They might be completely wrong.

Classes start August 29.

And he's not required to hold a press conference to announce his choice.
No. No press conference. But if you don't think it will be on the front page of the basketball page on espn, the lead story on Zags blog and really all college basketball sites, I disagree. A one day story, sure. But big news on that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom