Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
again, you've overlooked or are ignoring another longtime/trusted poster confirming it's been a done deal for a while

Who am I ignoring? Jake never said it's been a done deal for a while. I'm not trying to be combative; I just don't remember this post.

Oh, Llandz,
llandz on Sunday evening shortly after Jake's post. And you are being disingenuous in saying Jake wasn't telling us it's a done deal.

I do remember Llandz' post now. I think you know me well enough to know I'm not the disingenuous type. I do think Jake's post was designed to say: We got him. But I think Jake himself would say he's not signed or enrolled. Maybe not. I don't think it's a technicality. Signing and enrolling mean everything. Only one way to find out. Jake: care to clear this up?

"confirmation".
Again, your posse's tactics are transparent and not very funny anymore.

I have no posse. I don't even know anyone's real name from this board. There is ONE person here or anywhere saying it's OFFICIAL. That's the point.

llandz on Sunday evening shortly after Jake's post. And you are being disingenuous in saying Jake wasn't telling us it's a done deal.

Besides jake saying "he expects a a decision in the next 24-48 hours" back in early July, Saying he heard the same 2nd hand info that O13 heard "I heard he told an SU Basketball player that he would attend Syracuse" and his "He will wear Orange" post... where is he saying it's a done deal?

I have no posse. I don't even know anyone's real name from this board. There is ONE person here or anywhere saying it's OFFICIAL. That's the point.
Well, your selective, alternative interpretation of a clear and straightforward post indicates otherwise

Another poster, again with a solid track record, indicated that they have heard the exact same thing and it is indeed a DONE DEAL

Nerlens Noel was a done deal, wasn't a done deal, was a done deal minutes before he went on TV.

Its not a done deal until it is a done deal.

I think Jack Bauer also seemed unconvinced based on his sources even amidst those other confirmations so it remains very odd.

I heard it from 2 people at the same time. One had heard it from Hopkins, and then the other heard the Monday thing, which did not happen. They are both fairly connected with athletics and with media related things. But in all fairness, the coaches were still in Rio, so I don't know when Hopkins told the one person this news, and they have not said anything else. It was also that along with the Jake post that made me post. I am perplexed at the moment.

Some of you sure luvs you some scrutinization of semantics.

you really think that, as careful as he has historically been with his statements and wording, Jake would have made the above post if things weren't locked in?

I mean, it's not a catastrophe of Jake is wrong either.

IIRC he was totally caught off guard when Battle committed to Michigan. And was sure Noel was going to Georgetown until literally 5 minutes before he announced to Kentucky.

Besides jake saying "he expects a a decision in the next 24-48 hours" back in early July, Saying he heard the same 2nd hand info that O13 heard "I heard he told an SU Basketball player that he would attend Syracuse" and his "He will wear Orange" post... where is he saying it's a done deal?
On Sunday when Jake said "I'll end the drama for us all now. He will wear Orange." That is saying it is a done deal.

And Jakes sources are different than OM13s source.

So, yes, I was surprised with Waters tweet.

I heard it from 2 people at the same time. One had heard it from Hopkins, and then the other heard the Monday thing, which did not happen. They are both fairly connected with athletics and with media related things. But in all fairness, the coaches were still in Rio, so I don't know when Hopkins told the one person this news, and they have not said anything else. It was also that along with the Jake post that made me post. I am perplexed at the moment.
That is understandable, most people understand that these situations are ever-changing. I think we should all feel pretty confident, but as has been said a million times today, nothing is 100% until he is actually here, because there is no LOI or signing. So, we wait.

This thread is becoming what the other AW's threads were. I must be addicted to posting about AW because I hate these threads yet here I am. Bottom line with this recruitment is that nothing anyone says will make this a done deal. Only one person can make this a done deal. No one has any insider into. NO ONE. The Whites are holding their cards closely. They will announce it when they do. So sick of it but I can't stay away.

Some of you sure luvs you some scrutinization of semantics.

you really think that, as careful as he has historically been with his statements and wording, Jake would have made the above post if things weren't locked in?

Im not criticizing Jake or Llanz. But I wouldnt care if Jim Boeheim himself posted that AW was wearing Orange or coming to Cuse or it was a done deal. Until he is signed, its not a done deal. He could change his mind at any moment and go overseas or retire or play at Colgate or go to the D league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom