Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could very easily go overseas for one season

He could, but that's not what the current data suggests. That's what's so great about investing and gambling. You look at the data and make an educated decision based upon that. You could be wrong, but the data suggests you'll be right.

Could? Of course. But the odds are strongly against that. He's said all along he was transferring and he spent his own money on these visits so you have to think that's the priority. And he wants to go to the NBA, and while exposure isn't everything, it helps. And he probably won't go to Europe for the same reason he would never consider the A10, he'd disappear for the year from the collective conscious of basketball fans. Last time he transfered he did so 7 days before classes began. So he's not late to commit to cuse... it's still early lol.

also, I believe to come here, the major program Andrew wants to major in has to not be offered by Nebraska. any indication that that could be an issue?

For a high major player that will play professionally, that really doesn't matter. He'll find something close to take some classes in if he is really serious about the grad degree if the program isn't what he wants.

This recruitment feels like one of those recruits in NCAA Football where you spend all 5 weeks recruiting the guy with the max points and he has first the entire time but never commits even at the end.

I feel like AW is coming though.

Yeah, he could also take a year off and work at McDonalds. The White camp has made it very clear what this next year is about... putting himself in as good of a position as possible to get drafted. Overseas does not accomplish this, not even close - he would be better off playing for Nebraska (even Richmond for that matter). The only thing left that really makes any sense is what we all want.

At this point, i'm actually more interested in the reasons for him not having committed than the actual commitment.
Really think people are over thinking this. This is exactly what the guy did the first time he transfered. He probably just prefers to commit and go right to class without a lot of offseason BS.

Last edited:
Really think people are over thinking this. This is exactly what the guy did the first time he transfered. He probably just prefers to commit and go right to class without a lot of offseason BS.

But, "offseason BS" seems to include being a part of his team. I would think that it would be to his benefit to be playing with them as much as possible. He's not a guy who creates his own shot, so i'd want to establish myself and some rapport with the guys who are the distributors. And, demonstrating the reasons why i'm deserving of an extra few minutes per game versus someone else. Is that naive? Maybe he believes it doesn't matter until JB is actually watching.

But, "offseason BS" seems to include being a part of his team. I would think that it would be to his benefit to be playing with them as much as possible. He's not a guy who creates his own shot, so i'd want to establish myself and some rapport with the guys who are the distributors. And, demonstrating the reasons why i'm deserving of an extra few minutes per game versus someone else. Is that naive?
I agree that's what I would do as well. Just saying this guy has gone through this before and he did it this exact same way and seemed to be satisfied with how it worked for him. While it would be nice to have him playing pickup ball with the guys, I'm not at all concerned. Months of practices and the early schedule will help the team gell. If he comes this team will be VERY good.

I agree that's what I would do as well. Just saying this guy has gone through this before and he did it this exact same way and seemed to be satisfied with how it worked for him. While it would be nice to have him playing pickup ball with the guys, I'm not at all concerned. Months of practices and the early schedule will help the team gell. If he comes this team will be VERY good.

Completely agree. This isn't Boeheim's Army. We actually have good coaching and these guys will be ready to roll.

Completely agree. This isn't Boeheim's Army. We actually have good coaching and these guys will be ready to roll.

Partially agree. But there are degrees of difference. It's not binary, and every little bit helps. We will lose games by the narrowest of margins.

But, "offseason BS" seems to include being a part of his team. I would think that it would be to his benefit to be playing with them as much as possible. He's not a guy who creates his own shot, so i'd want to establish myself and some rapport with the guys who are the distributors. And, demonstrating the reasons why i'm deserving of an extra few minutes per game versus someone else. Is that naive? Maybe he believes it doesn't matter until JB is actually watching.

Not if he wouldn't have been enrolled during the summer session -- how would he stay on campus? Maybe being a "part of his team" wasn't really an option for the summer.

Not if he wouldn't have been enrolled during the summer session -- how would he stay on campus? Maybe being a "part of his team" wasn't really an option for the summer.

Good point. This is starting to look like he intended to commit to Syracuse all along but wanted to fulfill his promises to make other visits. Maybe he figured he'd wrap up all the details, make the announcement and come to campus after all of the coaching staff was on campus as well.

All of this drama and talk over where AW3 will wind up certainly can't hurt his profile or buzz. It is looking more and more like an announcement to SU will come next week. If the announcement doesn't come next week I will really be befuddled. The big question if White winds up Orange is why the lack of communication at that time with Red and the staff.

Why spend the money for three college visits if he was going overseas?
Isn't it possible it's all just due diligence and he's looking for the best situation for the next 8 months, college or pro? Maybe he's looking for a coach to guarantee 20 shots a game, and if he can't find that in the ACC, maybe there's a team in China willing to do that and pay him a couple hundred thousand dollars. JR Smith played in China 4 years ago and is now a key role player on a championship team. You can play overseas and parlay that into NBA deals.

Isn't it possible it's all just due diligence and he's looking for the best situation for the next 8 months, college or pro? Maybe he's looking for a coach to guarantee 20 shots a game, and if he can't find that in the ACC, maybe there's a team in China willing to do that and pay him a couple hundred thousand dollars. JR Smith played in China 4 years ago and is now a key role player on a championship team. You can play overseas and parlay that into NBA deals.

Who wants to play in China, it sounds like this kid wants to go to the Nba. No coach can guarantee shots, its impossible.

Who wants to play in China, it sounds like this kid wants to go to the Nba. No coach can guarantee shots, its impossible.
I agree with you, but my point is, the probability that he plays overseas this year is > 0.

I think P(AW3 plays for Syracuse) + P(AW3 plays for Miami) <> 1

For my math friends out there.

I agree with you, but my point is, the probability that he plays overseas this year is > 0.

I think P(AW3 plays for Syracuse) + P(AW3 plays for Miami) <> 1

For my math friends out there.

upload_2016-8-16_20-29-31.jpeg

Let's be honest he has more a chance of playing for the Washington Generals, than he does going to Europe at this point .

Why spend the money for three college visits if he was going overseas?

Wait - the schools don't pay for the visits? Seriously, I just assumed Miami flew him down there? The students have to pay their own way? Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom