Another let down and disappointing season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Another let down and disappointing season

With all the crap these kids have been through this year...and to give it there all every game...and you have the balls to call this a disappointing season? Let's all call this the most disappointing post of the season. You suck

It's somewhat true. It was a great season, but this loss will sting.

The only thing I remember about the 1989 season was the loss to Illinois in the Elite 8. Don't remember one damn thing other than that.

I wouldn't call it a disappointing season. I would call it a disappointing March, and that's usually what teams are judged on nowadays, fairly or not.

All that matters in college hoops is the tournament everything else is irrelevant who would you rather be right now us or Lville? Think about it and my point is proven
My point is you are a p!sspoor fan, bigtime loser and blatant frontrunner if thats all you want to remember.

100% correct. College basketball is a 1 month a year sport now. Nobody cares about November-February anymore. It's March and in March SU came up short.
But as a fan of a team, shouldn't you be able to care about those games? About 34 wins, 17 in the Big East? If you can't at least take some joy in the whole of the season, what's the point of being a fan? If the only thing you care about is the last game of the season, it seems to me like it makes it a pretty hollow way to root on a squad. Why not just tune in during the tourney and not even pay attention to the regular season if that's how you feel?

Is it a disappointing end? Sure it is. I for one won't remember this season as just this one game, it does a disservice to all this team did accomplish, and all the joy I had from watching them. It's like we all act as if they play to please us. Us fat f*cks sitting on our duffs drinking beer passing judgment on a team and a season when we literally had less than nothing to do with it? Seems crazy to me. I can guarantee you that this game meant about a million times more to these kids (and they are still kids, or young adults) than it did to you and me. To not be able to treasure the whole because of the micro is a pretty sad way to approach sports, because you're going to be disappointed 99% of the time.

100% correct. College basketball is a 1 month a year sport now. Nobody cares about November-February anymore. It's March and in March SU came up short.
Just as you and anyone who lives this way will always come up. Short!

But as a fan of a team, shouldn't you be able to care about those games? About 34 wins, 17 in the Big East? If you can't at least take some joy in the whole of the season, what's the point of being a fan? If the only thing you care about is the last game of the season, it seems to me like it makes it a pretty hollow way to root on a squad. Why not just tune in during the tourney and not even pay attention to the regular season if that's how you feel?

Being an SU fan is like being a Yankee fan. Tough to get excited for regular season games or early season games. Only thing that matters is March (or October for Yankees).

, maybe they should just scrap the regular season and have a single elimination tournament with every D1 school every year.

I understand that the focus being on the tournament that you are disappointed with losing today. But what is to be expected? Does only one team have a successful season each year? Let's face it, we are not Kansas or Duke where we get to the final four every 2 or 3 years. We might not like it, but playing in the game today makes this one of the 5 most successful seasons in Syracuse history. Add to it the 34-3 record and it was the second most successful year in school history.

Is it a disappointing end? Sure it is. I for one won't remember this season as just this one game, it does a disservice to all this team did accomplish, and all the joy I had from watching them. It's like we all act as if they play to please us. Us fat f*cks sitting on our duffs drinking beer passing judgment on a team and a season when we literally had less than nothing to do with it? Seems crazy to me. I can guarantee you that this game meant about a million times more to these kids (and they are still kids, or young adults) than it did to you and me. To not be able to treasure the whole because of the micro is a pretty sad way to approach sports, because you're going to be disappointed 99% of the time.

Finally an intelligent post !!

All that matters in college hoops is the tournament everything else is irrelevant who would you rather be right now us or Lville? Think about it and my point is proven

This is true, and even JB said it two weeks ago. You're remembered for what you did in the tourney. Putting aside the off the court issues, if possible, Louisville will be deemed the better team this year, and possibly by a landslide if they win it all.

Since all of those regular season games are meaningless can I have someone's season tickets for next season?

All I will remember is the loss in the elite 8 as I have said 100 times this season thus game is all I will remember
The real disappointing thing is your post. This team was incredible. This team has been an incredible example of grace under pressure. They have set a standard for how to conduct oneself in the face of extreme adversity. This team NEVER QUIT. They will be forever remembered as being WINNERS in my book regardless of this loss tonight. For those posters who cannot recognize and acknowlege the incredible accomplishments of this group of kids I can only offer my condolences... for their perceptual handicap.

what a sad fan maybe you should stay with a big east team when we head to the ACC

This is true, and even JB said it two weeks ago. You're remembered for what you did in the tourney. Putting aside the off the court issues, if possible, Louisville will be deemed the better team this year, and possibly by a landslide if they win it all.
JB says that all the time, and usually follows up with "it shouldn't be like that, but it is." You're right, for Joe America out there, average sports fan who doesn't really follow college sports, that's how it will play out. Louisville will be looked at as the better team. Fine, I don't care. Let them think that. I know I'll have great memories of this team in future years, of the way they always could pull things out, and that amazing game against Sconnie.

They ran into a team their equal today and just couldn't quite get it done. There's nothing to be ashamed of there as a fan, or as a team. Will it mean the 'Ville will be deemed a better team? Maybe, but why should I care? As a fan, I'm proud of this team and what they accomplished, and in the end shouldn't that really be what matters? Not what outside forces think, but what you think? If you enjoyed this year and thought this team left it all out on the court, why should a fan of SU have to consider it a disappointment. A pretty narrow way to live life.

Maybe one of the worst OP's of all-time. BOOOOOO:mad: Wouldn't be able to get to this moment if they didn't have the successes they had all season. Zero perspective.

Being an SU fan is like being a Yankee fan. Tough to get excited for regular season games or early season games. Only thing that matters is March (or October for Yankees).
You must have hated the 80's and half the 90's then, unless you're 13 yrs. old.

But we don't care about Louisville. We shouldn't be comparing our season to Louisville. In terms of Syracuse, this was one of the top 2 seasons in 100+ years. How can you be disappointed in that?

Soooooooo, I think most people disagree, IB. What say you?

IB, the guy who continues to only see the glass as empty.

Getting to the Elite 8 with all this team has had to endure makes this a great season for me. Sure, I'm disappointed we didn't get to the Final Four, but to call it a disappointing season is bizarre.

On to next year.

Cheers,
Neil

Actually, that's a better point. In context, in terms of all this tea had to endure, it's fine. But if things were normal: total disappointment.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom