Any thought regarding this comment by MCW? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Any thought regarding this comment by MCW?

I disagree. Flynn talked passionately about how much he loved Syracuse and being at Syracuse and being a student in a radio interview about 3 weeks before hiring an agent. All this talk is BS until the draft deadline is past.

Yes. We all thought he was staying.

Imagine that 09-10 team with Jonny Flynn... :cool:

Yes. We all thought he was staying.

Imagine that 09-10 team with Jonny Flynn... :cool:
That team would have been worse with Flynn. That was a very good defensive team, Jonny wasn't great up top. The balanced scoring was such a huge part of why we did well, too. I'm convinced that team loses more games with Flynn.

That team would have been worse with Flynn. That was a very good defensive team, Jonny wasn't great up top. The balanced scoring was such a huge part of why we did well, too. I'm convinced that team loses more games with Flynn.

We would have taken a hit defensively, but offensively we would have had the playmaker that we lacked. I think we would have been better overall with an All American Junior Jonny Flynn as opposed to Freshman Triche.

We would have taken a hit defensively, but offensively we would have had the playmaker that we lacked. I think we would have been better overall with an All American Junior Jonny Flynn as opposed to Freshman Triche.
That team's problem was not on the offensive end. They were blowing out teams regularly and scored 70+ every game it seemed like. AO going down derailed everything but that team didn't need the extra offense.

That team's problem was not on the offensive end. They were blowing out teams regularly and scored 70+ every game it seemed like. AO going down derailed everything but that team didn't need the extra offense.

Not sure about that. We lacked a go-to guy. Nobody that could create their own shot. We were awesome that year, and AO's injury killed us, but that doesnt mean we couldnt have been better.

Not sure about that. We lacked a go-to guy. Nobody that could create their own shot. We were awesome that year, and AO's injury killed us, but that doesnt mean we couldnt have been better.

I think you're both right. Sure, the team could have been better [we didn't really have anyone besides scoop who excelled at getting into the lane for example]. But it was the most perfectly balanced offensive team I ever remember SU having. Inside scoring, multiple shooters, etc.

AO going down really upset that balance, mostly because Rick wasn't as good offensively as Arinze.

MCW can just as easily make those improvements as an NBA player. Remember, he will be 22 by the time the NBA season starts next fall, so the clock is ticking. Hell, John Wall is only one year older than MCW, and he's finishing his third season in the league.

As much as we'd like to see him back, it s almost certainly time for him to go. I would guess JB will suggest as much when he sits down with MCW and his family.

As I keep saying, how old you are doesn't matter if you never get a second contract. Those who are assured of being drafted should be concerned with developing their game to the point where they maximize their chances at that second contract. That's where the money is.