Any1 else getting that Malachi to the NBA feeling? | Syracusefan.com

Any1 else getting that Malachi to the NBA feeling?

Nope. I'd never entirely rule it out, but I've never seen a player (who has been playing big minutes all along) go from no NBA scouts even thinking about him by midseason to projected lottery pick by the end of the season.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to get it... Obviously he needs another yr, but who knows anymore... It will screw up what looks to be a very promising yr, next yr.

I've been assured by Cusefan0307 that this is a loaded draft year and that Mal isn't on any big boards yet. I hope that means we are safe, but I simply don't trust the NBA.

An inconsistent freshman third option on a team that finishes under .500 in-conference and doesn't make the NCAAs. Yeah. It's SU, so, he gone.

Hope not. Expect not. But, it's more likely that the decision was made before he stepped on campus. Mal knows what he wants to do and he may do that 'irregardless' of logic. I have a feeling he's not the same as the guy who was with us so briefly that I cannot recall his name... And I hope he's looking forward to how good we might be next year, rather than dwelling on this season's difficulties.

I've been assured by Cusefan0307 that this is a loaded draft year and that Mal isn't on any big boards yet. I hope that means we are safe, but I simply don't trust the NBA.

Yeah, shocked this keeps coming up. I know we've been snake bitten in the past, but this would be one of the worst declares of all time.

This isn't like MCW's year when the draft was weak. Guys like Jamal Murray and Buddy Hield aren't even expected to come off the board until the early 20's by most scouting services right now.

An inconsistent freshman third option on a team that finishes under .500 in-conference and doesn't make the NCAAs. Yeah. It's SU, so, he gone.

LOL, I agree with you. Heck, McCullough was all that AND had a torn ACL and still got drafted!!

Yeah, shocked this keeps coming up. I know we've been snake bitten in the past, but this would be one of the worst declares of all time.

This isn't like MCW's year when the draft was weak. Guys like Jamal Murray and Buddy Hield aren't even expected to come off the board until the early 20's by most scouting services right now.

I am shocked when they come back, with our luck he will blow up the rest of the year and leave.

I am shocked when they come back, with our luck he will blow up the rest of the year and leave.

Well if that happens, maybe we go like 12-6 in conference the rest of the year make a run in the ACC and NCAA.

Lydon is regressing and is offering zippo on offense in ACC play. He would perhaps be best at the 3. An athletic frosh that can play the 3 with Mal's size that is shooting upwards of 40% from 3, and averaging over 15 ppg is draft material. It's called potential. Thinking otherwise is just wishful thinking. Where he is ranked at the moment is irrelevant. Even if his torrid pace cools down a bit he will not continue to slip under the radar.

Therefore, the players getting the most time next year might by Battle / Howard, and Moyer splitting time with Lydon, Roberson, and a non-scoring Chukwu in the middle. Just saying, don't count your chickens before they hatch. We are an undermanned team and might be so until these awful sanctions are gone. The sanctions suk.

One week Tyler Lydon is the next Christian Laettner without the douchebagginess, the next he's scoring single digits every game and getting worked in the paint on defense.

One week Malachi is like 6 for his last 40 from 3, the next he's NBA bound. Who knows?

Can't even worry about it or bother caring about it anymore. Keep recruiting good players and be ready to go every fall. All this "if only so and so stayed like we hoped/thought we'd be all set" is an outdated way of thinking based on the current landscape.

Battle/Richardson/Roberson/Lydon/Chukwu is too filthy to even think about.

We're due some luck after this witch hunt we've been subjected to.

Battle/Richardson/Lydon/Moyer/Chukwu would be my ideal lineup. I realize Roberson will start, just saying my lineup is drool worthy. Talent, size, athleticism, shooting and a little bit of attitude. Battle is going to be an absolute beast at the top of the zone. He loves being disruptive on defense. If Chukwu is as advertised as a rim protector...yikes. My only question mark about next year if everyone comes back is ball handling.

Mali will declare because of the new rules -- if he doesn't light up the combine he'll be back

Hope not. Expect not. But, it's more likely that the decision was made before he stepped on campus. Mal knows what he wants to do and he may do that 'irregardless' of logic. I have a feeling he's not the same as the guy who was with us so briefly that I cannot recall his name... And I hope he's looking forward to how good we might be next year, rather than dwelling on this season's difficulties.

sounds similar to Donte Green 2008. That team finished .500 on the nose and Donte was forced into being a higher offensive option due to injuries. If the pattern follows Mal will get picked late first round. I'm guessing Phoenix #28 that the Suns got from Cleveland via Boston.

One week Tyler Lydon is the next Christian Laettner without the douchebagginess, the next he's scoring single digits every game and getting worked in the paint on defense.

One week Malachi is like 6 for his last 40 from 3, the next he's NBA bound. Who knows?

Can't even worry about it or bother caring about it anymore. Keep recruiting good players and be ready to go every fall. All this "if only so and so stayed like we hoped/thought we'd be all set" is an outdated way of thinking based on the current landscape.

Very true. We do need to have a better % of recruiting hits than we've had lately. We've had too many misses lately. No worries about Battle and Moyer but we need our other signee next year to work out for us. We can't afford any more whiffs, even with the scholarship reduction situation improving down the line.

Nope. I'd never entirely rule it out, but I've never seen a player (who has been playing big minutes all along) go from no NBA scouts even thinking about him by midseason to projected lottery pick by the end of the season.

Tyler Ennis?

Tyler Ennis?

Ennis was impressive in the pre-season Canadian games. I think he was starting to get a buzz by mid-season. The Pitt buzzer beater really gave him a lot of attention.

Ennis was in the first round after the non conference. Literally the only people who think Mal is NBA bound is in this thread. Weird. Other years there was NBA interest, this year there's not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom