Anyone hear this new stadium rumor | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone hear this new stadium rumor

Retro you keep saying the site is too narrow and would go over Erie Blvd but I just overlaid the dome and it fits if you remove biotech or go over water street (a street few use) not over Erie Blvd. My guess would be is the stadium would be more narrow and taller with a high overhang for the upper deck and it would fit without a problem. If you ran a light rail or a dedicated bus only street west along water street to downtown with a station under the stadium then east along erie blvd and up to marshal street along s. Crouse it would add huge parking capacity and improve connectivity for students and downtown. You would need to shut down water street from Clinton square east and S. Crouse north of marshal but these are very low traffic streets and the light rail could along the median of Erie Blvd to the east or have the busses use Erie itself from a dedicated on ramp off the end of water street (no immediate red Lights).

View attachment 6713

the block of water street on the north side of it is private property. You also have veterans affairs on the footprint of Kennedy square and that is the feds. Was just by there today. Biotech was 24 million dollar plus building opened about a year ago.

Welch Terrace is also there and I have no idea what that place is,but they are the biggest obstacle there, They are located behind the Veterans office building

the block of water street on the north side of it is private property. You also have veterans affairs on the footprint of Kennedy square and that is the feds. Was just by there today. Biotech was 24 million dollar plus building opened about a year ago.

Welch Terrace is also there and I have no idea what that place is,but they are the biggest obstacle there, They are located behind the Veterans office building
Supportive housing for people with disabilities and also people living with AIDS.

THis is the Carrier Dome superimposed, to scale on the northeast corner of the Inner Harbor project.

Attachments

• upload_2014-1-14_19-42-41.png
    upload_2014-1-14_19-42-41.png
    418.7 KB · Views: 194
In that image above, Onondaga Lake is just beyond the tip of the upper left corner of the photo. The large white image at the upper left is Destiny USA. The diagonal grey rectangular shapes are parking lots associated with Destiny. The waterway connects to the lake. The area at the lower left corner is the area which has been designated for development by COR as the Inner Harbor project. At present, the currently is nothing on the areas which are green surrounding the superimposed image of the Dome.

THis is the Carrier Dome superimposed, to scale on the northeast corner of the Inner Harbor project.

Isn't that where the aquarium and the indoor water park were supposed to go? Or was that the Tuscan Village?

I like this. I'm ready to put a deposit on a condo!

OburgOrange said:
I like this. I'm ready to put a deposit on a condo!
I would buy one for sure.

This conversation is getting crazy, with a lot of apparent speculation.

I heard they're going to actually build it on Frenchman's Island on Oneida lake.

All you parking complainers beware. Only helicopter and ferry rides to the game. Advise arrival 6 hrs prior to kickoff/tipoff.

Lighthouse enthusiasts are freaking out as the old lighthouse will have to be razed.

Concessions include fresh perch and small mouth bass. Nothing else.

;)

I heard they're going to actually build it on Frenchman's Island on Oneida lake.

All you parking complainers beware. Only helicopter and ferry rides to the game. Advise arrival 6 hrs prior to kickoff/tipoff.

Lighthouse enthusiasts are freaking out as the old lighthouse will have to be razed.

;)

I actually heard they are going to build a state of the art basketball arena with lacrosse ,softball and the crunch playing there while they rent metlife stadium from the giants and play ALL home games in football there

Isn't that where the aquarium and the indoor water park were supposed to go? Or was that the Tuscan Village?
the aquarium was supposed to be built by the railroad tracks out back and was to be financed by the taxpayers, but congel didn't want to pay the prevailing wages.He was going to try to pocket the difference between the two.

Most of the money he earns on his malls are earned up front by pulling this kind of stunts.

;)
Helicopters, ferry rides and swimming ponies.

Her letter is a joke. It's arguing over the color of the curtains before the house is built. Who will pay for the water and the extra police?! I don't know? But if we secure the funding to build the thing without the city - I think we can work with you on the rest.

Her objections were boilerplate for any new development in the city. It's called forward thinking and it's how stuff gets done.

WAG

$200m - State
$100m - County @ $4m/yr for 25 yrs
$25m - Developer
$25m - Private donor, naming rights
$25m - Fundraising, smaller naming rights
$25m - SU, suites, license fees etc

WAG

$200m - State
$25m - Developer

You are 100M short.

WAG

$200m - State
$25m - Developer

if the developer was to put in only 25 million he has one sweetheart of a deal, as they, in a lot of projects own the rights to the land and future profits, like Congel does

who gets paid first and who earns the profits on each event and how much. Who foots the bills for general maintenance and upkeep as the stadium ages.

To me the contract for the developer is key here...does he get paid a lump sum,does he also help fund cost overruns which usually happens on big projects of this nature.

to me 25 million seems way too low for private contractor...COR Stadium

Last edited:
GoSU96 said:
You are 100M short.

Yep. Think it wold be closer to 4 than 5. I know it said 5 in the article.

this is Miner's last term - only two terms allowed for city mayor thanks to Lee Alexander.

It will affect her if she has any political aspirations beyond the Mayor's office which I am guessing she might. She will lose quite a bit of local support if this does not happen even if it were a fictional plan. This "blockage" paints her in a pretty bad light.

That's without a retractable roof. ;)
If there is already a roof being incuded (and there must be one for hoops) making it retractable for football, lacrosse and baseball would only add a few percentage points. See earlier post where the difference between a fixed roof and a retractable roof was only about 2.5% of the overall cost, not a significant amount to go from ho-hum to world class.

It will affect her if she has any political aspirations beyond the Mayor's office which I am guessing she might. She will lose quite a bit of local support if this does not happen even if it were a fictional plan. This "blockage" paints her in a pretty bad light.

it's going to affect her in the next budget,if you live in the city you better move out if she doesn't jump on board ASAP.;)

Not a fictional plan at all, Mahoney's on the radio talking about it right now.

Privately owned facility with 2 small parking garages, with surrounding lots there would have been enough parking for about 10,000 cars. All the money was there and they could still move forward because the project would be managed by the state. Never say never about the project being dead but the mayor is still not on board. She has the option to talk to the governor and say she changed her mind.

Not a fictional plan at all, Mahoney's on the radio talking about it right now.

Privately owned facility with 2 small parking garages, with surrounding lots there would have been enough parking for about 10,000 cars. All the money was there and they could still move forward because the project would be managed by the state. Never say never about the project being dead but the mayor is still not on board. She has the option to talk to the governor and say she changed her mind.

Follow the $$$. Operator already selected. Who is going to cash in . Miner just wants a piece.